Any news about DevolutionX development? I followed the installation instructions but I still do not see QoL implementations. Is it still in the development stage?
Currently we are working on cleaning up more of the code (crucial for supporting more platforms and working with the next release of macOS in September).
Here's a list of improvements that have been done but not released yet:
- Per pixel transparency (this also allows multi layered transparency)
- Windowed mode can be set in diablo.ini
- Mouse capture can be set in diablo.ini
- Up-scaing quality can be set in diablo.ini (allowing you to set it to pixelated nearest neighbors)
- Included a font so that the credits and button text renders on all systems
There may soon also be a FreeBSD port soon
Keyboard and game controller navigation is also coming along nicely
We currently do not feel this is enough to warrant a new release, the goal is to finish some of the missing menu items first.