It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anders_Jenbo: But you can also start the diablo only version still by making a short cut and adding --diablo as an option to the program.
vv221: To make sure I got it right:
- running devilutionx with no argument starts Diablo + Hellfire
- running devilutionx --diablo starts vanilla Diablo, without Hellfire additions

No confusion here?
yes, running devilutionx without arguments will only run hellfire if hellfire's mpq is present, otherwise regular diablo
qndel: running devilutionx without arguments will only run hellfire if hellfire's mpq is present, otherwise regular diablo
That’s even better for my purpose ;)
Focmiz: Awesome, DevilutionX is Imo the best thing ever made for Diablo 1.

I haven't played much of the Diablo GoG version because I was waiting for DevilutionX Hellfire support.

I have a few noob questions: do I have to install Infernity mod in order to have Stash and the possibility to highlight items on the ground by pressing alt?

Thank you DevilutionX team
qndel: Infernity is dead and most of its features have been ported to DevilutionX already, highlighting and stash are coming in 1.3.0 version. If you message me on discord, I can cook you up a 1.2.0 build with highlighting as it's already done (Qndel#2237)
OMG that is so AWESOME! Stash and Highlight! hot damn!

Now if there is a way to implement an optional "Run" or "Dash" for a few second (3-5 seconds) in dungeons and toggeable in the ini, it would make the perfect Diablo. I still had nightmares trying to reach those succubus in later levels. I think even D. Brevik mentioned in one of his streams with JQ that they were really trying to implement this, but at the end decided to just move on to D2 and implement it in the sequel.

Also, i had a hell of a time trying to find the ini... why aren't the saves files and ini created inside the main folder?
Post edited April 18, 2021 by EtaYorius
qndel: Infernity is dead and most of its features have been ported to DevilutionX already, highlighting and stash are coming in 1.3.0 version. If you message me on discord, I can cook you up a 1.2.0 build with highlighting as it's already done (Qndel#2237)
EtaYorius: OMG that is so AWESOME! Stash and Highlight! hot damn!

Now if there is a way to implement an optional "Run" or "Dash" for a few second (3-5 seconds) in dungeons and toggeable in the ini, it would make the perfect Diablo. I still had nightmares trying to reach those succubus in later levels. I think even D. Brevik mentioned in one of his streams with JQ that they were really trying to implement this, but at the end decided to just move on to D2 and implement it in the sequel.

Also, i had a hell of a time trying to find the ini... why aren't the saves files and ini created inside the main folder?
This doesn't sound like something we'd ever put into devilutionx but 100% mod territory : P
EtaYorius: OMG that is so AWESOME! Stash and Highlight! hot damn!

qndel: This doesn't sound like something we'd ever put into devilutionx but 100% mod territory : P
Fair enough. Regarding the ini and save location, where are they located in Windows XP?
qndel: This doesn't sound like something we'd ever put into devilutionx but 100% mod territory : P
EtaYorius: Fair enough. Regarding the ini and save location, where are they located in Windows XP?
Try %appdata%/diasurgical/devilution
EtaYorius: Fair enough. Regarding the ini and save location, where are they located in Windows XP?
qndel: Try %appdata%/diasurgical/devilution
Thanks i finally manage to find them. Is there a specific reason why the save and ini are not created in the original folder?
Wondering the same. Would it be possible to make the game "portable" so that it can be ran from a USB key and not write in the user's profile?
Constance: Would it be possible to make the game "portable" so that it can be ran from a USB key and not write in the user's profile?
I did not check, but I think it can be done thanks to the arguments --save-dir and --config-dir.
Constance: Would it be possible to make the game "portable" so that it can be ran from a USB key and not write in the user's profile?
vv221: I did not check, but I think it can be done thanks to the arguments --save-dir and --config-dir.
yup
Does someone have the discord invite link? The one in the readme does not work.
TaShadan: Does someone have the discord invite link? The one in the readme does not work.
https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX contains an up to date discord link
Post edited April 20, 2021 by qndel
EtaYorius: Also, i had a hell of a time trying to find the ini... why aren't the saves files and ini created inside the main folder?
It's not the standard presented by the OS and doesn't work well cross-platform or with proper security enabled on Windows.

EtaYorius: where are they located in Windows XP?
By default %appdata% (enter it in explores address bar) and then navigate to diasurgical/devilution (there might be a folder called roaming first).

You can force the save folder by running the game with "devilutionx.exe --save-dir ." ("." is short for the current folder, but you can specify any you like).

Is Windows XP your normal system or are you playing it in a virtual machine for some reason? DevilutionX has native Windows 10 support. XP is actually the oldest version of Windows we support and we do not do much testing there.
EtaYorius: Also, i had a hell of a time trying to find the ini... why aren't the saves files and ini created inside the main folder?
Anders_Jenbo: It's not the standard presented by the OS and doesn't work well cross-platform or with proper security enabled on Windows.

EtaYorius: where are they located in Windows XP?
Anders_Jenbo: By default %appdata% (enter it in explores address bar) and then navigate to diasurgical/devilution (there might be a folder called roaming first).

You can force the save folder by running the game with "devilutionx.exe --save-dir ." ("." is short for the current folder, but you can specify any you like).

Is Windows XP your normal system or are you playing it in a virtual machine for some reason? DevilutionX has native Windows 10 support. XP is actually the oldest version of Windows we support and we do not do much testing there.
I see. I will try this command. I built a Retro Gaming PC with Win98SE, but i had issues with the USB drives. So i moved to XP. DevilutionX works perfectly in there.
vv221: I did not check, but I think it can be done thanks to the arguments --save-dir and --config-dir.
Can confirm, it works. Thanks !