It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just like the title says, does Deus Ex 1 support modern day resolutions like 1920x1080 or 1920x1200?

Thanks in advanced
I haven't played GOG's version, but I can say for sure that there is no such support in the regular GOTY edition.

There IS, however, an EXCELLENT resolution mod that works flawlessly.
Actually, the resolution mod isn't really needed, you can edit the system\deusex.ini file, modifying the two fields:
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080

I just finished the CD version of Deus Ex GOTY at 1920x1080, with no problems. However, I couldn't get 2560x1440 to work, whenever I entered those values, the game just came up in windowed mode. So it looks like 1920x1080 is the limit of its capabilities.
It seems that the GOG version has been improved. It already has support for different resolutions without any need for mods and file editing. However, the mods can be used to improve other aspects of the game.
@Turjake

But more than 1600x1200 is still not supported in the game menus

But editing the deusex.ini @1920x1200 will work without problems.
Post edited January 28, 2012 by Mappi75
Turjake: It seems that the GOG version has been improved. It already has support for different resolutions without any need for mods and file editing. However, the mods can be used to improve other aspects of the game.
so it can do pretty much any resolution without any consequences?
Turjake: It seems that the GOG version has been improved. It already has support for different resolutions without any need for mods and file editing. However, the mods can be used to improve other aspects of the game.
dukenuke88: so it can do pretty much any resolution without any consequences?
As the others said, up to around 1920x1080/1920x1200, then yes.

BTW you should check the mods threads and get kentie's loader(called deus exe) and put it in your game install where told to via the read me. It allows for setting custom resolutions before jumping into the game and also custom fields of view for the different aspect ratios(16:9, 16:10, 4:3, etc.), along with integrating a GUI mod you can turn on/off to shrink or enlarge the GUI in-game......it also allows you to order your mods and pick which to enable and disable at any given time.

Kentie also makes a great DX10 render for the game which also makes the game look a bit crisper.
As the above poster said, you *definitely* want to use something that fixes the field of view angle for widescreen modes (or any non-4:3 resolution, for that matter). This is especially important in Deus Ex because without doing that, the crosshairs no longer represent your firing spread actually.

Er... come to think of it, I'm not sure they do anyway. They'd just be *more* wrong without FoV fixes. I'm pretty sure the targeting reticle itself isn't fixed except in certain mods. Speaking of which, not to self-promote more, but I'm pretty sure my mod is the only one that fixes the FoV (for non-4:3 resolutions) on the scope and binoculars; all kentie's launcher can do is change the FoV of your default view, so the scope and binoculars still wind up screwy without the fixes I implemented.

Minor nitpicking, maybe, but I thought someone might like to know that there *are* still some incompatibilities, but that they've been fixed.
I am running Deus Ex GOTY at 3840x2160 resolution (4K UHD). It is not limited to 1080p/1200p. I just configured resolution using nglide_config.exe which is in System folder. There you can choose any resolution you want, even 7680x4320. After choosing resolution you need to choose 3Dfx render which is not shown by default. You need to choose "Show all devices" and then choose 3Dfx Glide for Windows. Run and enjoy. By the way, UI is not scaled to shits resolution, so UI is not tiny, on UHD screens.
As long as your actual videocard and monitor will support the resolution, you can manually edit it into the user file. That said, on extremely high resolutions, the models don't scale very well, and well... The game tends to look at a little weird at 4k resolutions.
... or just use Kentie's launcher for maximum convenience, mod support and other technical bug fixes:
http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/index.htm

Since ver. 8, which has been released this month, the game even supports borderless full-screen window mode. :)
Post edited February 29, 2016 by ShadowOwl
I've been trying to get this to run at 2560x1440p. Game refuses to run at any higher resolution on my system than 1920 x 1080. (win 10 x64, GTX1080TI.)

Neither adomas187's suggestion or Kentie's launcher works.

**edit: okay got it working using Open CL in Kentie's launcher.**
Post edited February 15, 2018 by gamersam
He made a new exe and a d3d10 renderer.

I think the new exe is included by default, but not the D3d10 render.

Just download and drop in, very easy.

You can use creative alchemy for positional audio as the exe has an option to force use of dsound/.

http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/
ShadowOwl: ... or just use Kentie's launcher for maximum convenience, mod support and other technical bug fixes:

Since ver. 8, which has been released this month, the game even supports borderless full-screen window mode. :)
Yup. Kentie's launcher is all you need for your resolution, FOV and Direct X support.
I only run the game these days with this:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/new-vision/