It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

To keep this simple, follow these steps: steamcommunity.com/app/260730/discussions/0/540737262306815107/
and in step 6, instead of ticking "Forces 16BPP desktop", tick "Simulates 16BPP desktop" or leave them both unticked all together.

After experimenting with a bunch of settings, that last bit is what got rid of the frame rate drop issue that happens when the enemies' field of view is showing. If anyone could confirm this, that would be peachy.

edit: The person who posted the instructions in the link I suggested has now confirmed that this works and corrected the instructions thusly.
Post edited June 19, 2014 by typicalanything
This fix worked for me on win8.1, but i had to edit the 'aqrit.cfg', i set everything to 0 (including directDraw emulation), because i still got some flicker near the telescope thingie, in the lower right corner. Then i made a batch file containing the following text, so it would run both and quit both when i open/close the game, and put it in the game directory. It must be run as admin. It's not perfect, if you have other processes running that are called game.exe, it will stay open i think, but it's good enough for me :)

startgame.bat

@setlocal enableextensions
@cd /d "%~dp0"
@echo off
start dxwnd.exe #relative path to dxwnd.exe, here it is in the game folder, but it could also be dxwnd/dxwnd.exe
start game.exe #relative path to game, here it is in the game folder
:whilel
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq game.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "game.exe">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto :whilel
taskkill /f /im "dxwnd.exe"
Post edited June 22, 2014 by thrallala
Good idea. I noticed if anything on your desktop is animated it will flicker through the screen. Is it possible you had an animated icon in your system tray (lower right-hand where the telescope is incidentally located)?
typicalanything: Good idea. I noticed if anything on your desktop is animated it will flicker through the screen. Is it possible you had an animated icon in your system tray (lower right-hand where the telescope is incidentally located)?
I first tried it on a laptop, which might have had some bloatware or something, that had animated system tray icons. I might check one day, but since setting forceDirectdrawEmulation to 0 in the cfg fixed it i think i'll just leave it be the way it is, unless someone actually needs an answer. I tried a bunch of stuff, also rebooting lots of times, so nothing was running except the startup services and it still did it, although i'm not sure what was set to load at startup. But it is fixed, and this is definitely the change that fixed it.

PS: I almost forgot.. Thanks for posting the fix :D
Post edited June 26, 2014 by thrallala
Hi,

I tried the solution and the low frame rate issue was resolved*eariler i used to have very low frame rate when the enemy range inidicator was off and it was horrible when it was on), it runs pretty smooth now, but there is an issue, now all things with moving animations (characters, river, cows, anything) have green/blue/red/yellow colliur "smeared" all over them. Like, the stream at the very start which your cross to get to Big Bill? It starts to appear thick navy blue with splotches of yellow with red inside them.

Another issue I hope someone could help me was that the game keeps crashing when my character moves beyond a certain point after crossing the bridge over the stream(at the start, when chasing Bill), the screen freezes and a sort of "motorboat" sound starts playing and I have to restart my laptop.

My specs are:

Intel Core i5 3210M 2.5Ghz
4.0 GB RAM
AMD Raedon HD 7650M
Windows 8 x64.
Post edited July 30, 2014 by MonuB