It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey peoples!!

I just want to let y'all know that after 3 years Rebirth is finally seeing another release! This is currently just a beta, and so it still has a couple bugs, but we'd love to get y'all's feedback on it!

http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/news/dxx-rebirth-v0-60-beta-1-released/

If y'all do try it out and find any bugs, you can report them on the bugtracker linked in the article, or you can post them here and I'll pass it along :)
A_Future_Pilot: Hey peoples!!

I just want to let y'all know that after 3 years Rebirth is finally seeing another release! This is currently just a beta, and so it still has a couple bugs, but we'd love to get y'all's feedback on it!

http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/news/dxx-rebirth-v0-60-beta-1-released/

If y'all do try it out and find any bugs, you can report them on the bugtracker linked in the article, or you can post them here and I'll pass it along :)
Thanks, going to try this now and see if they have indeed fixed the vsync issues. Was practically unplayable the last time I tried it!

edit: Yep, works great! Thanks a lot!
Post edited December 15, 2016 by losthorizon
Thank you. I still haven't tried the new version, but I compiled it after I've read your message. I check the page every month and it seems I've missed the release by a few days.
A_Future_Pilot:
If it'll work with my D2X saves I'll do it.
D2X meaning pre-Rebirth D2X? It should as far as I know! :)
A_Future_Pilot: (…)
Hi AFP,

sorry to bother you, but I'm curious if you have any idea when beta 2 will be released?

I thought the spreadfire energy bug was the only relevant blocker, but it appears that dc090958d16caa55a1445abde7cb3cdd296ddbd9 fixes the problem.
Actually the team have just recently been discussing this. The founder of the project, zico, has been extremely busy for some time, and probably won't be available to work on Rebirth consistently until next year. The current plan is that I'll begin releasing weekly builds and as the community reports bugs and such, eventually a build that is considered "stable" will be reached.

Once zico is able to come back to the project, we will probably switch back to beta and stable releases as before.

P.S. Take all this with a grain of salt. We're still discussing the options, so some of that may change
A_Future_Pilot: Actually the team have just recently been discussing this. The founder of the project, zico, has been extremely busy for some time, and probably won't be available to work on Rebirth consistently until next year. The current plan is that I'll begin releasing weekly builds and as the community reports bugs and such, eventually a build that is considered "stable" will be reached.
My post sounds more confrontational than I like, but I have to ask - how will the process of weekly builds lead to a stable one? The self-described lead maintainer (zico) is gone for six more months (assuming that your "until next year" means January 2018). Based on Github activity, he wasn't very active these past 12 months - 66 contributions, which includes filing tickets and any other non-Rebirth projects he commits to (the Github interface makes it a pain to quickly split out commit contributions from issue contributions). was a bit more active, but has been silent since February. [url=https://github.com/Mako88]Mako88 was active last year, but dropped off substantially in 2017, and most of the contributions I checked for him aren't in the Rebirth repository at all. (This is somewhat normal with Github, which reports activity as a summary across all repositories.) is much the same story. The only frequent contributor is [url=https://github.com/vLKp]vLKp, but his activity dropped substantially in April, then is almost totally absent in May (vacation, maybe? He has that same gap in some past years.). Given the low level of contributor activity, I am curious if there will be anybody working to ensure the stable builds actually get timely fixes or if this is just an alternative to asking everyone to download and build their own snapshots.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by advowson
A_Future_Pilot: (…)
Thank you.
advowson: (…)Mako88 was active last year, but dropped off substantially in 2017, and most of the contributions I checked for him aren't in the Rebirth repository at all. (This is somewhat normal with Github, which reports activity as a summary across all repositories.) (…)
AFP is Mako88…
advowson: My post sounds more confrontational than I like, but I have to ask - how will the process of weekly builds lead to a stable one? [snip] Given the low level of contributor activity, I am curious if there will be anybody working to ensure the stable builds actually get timely fixes or if this is just an alternative to asking everyone to download and build their own snapshots.
I understand your concern, and honestly we'd like for there to be another option, but unless someone else joins the team, this is what we have currently. I would say that Kp's involvement qualifies as a good bit more than a low level of activity...I believe he's on hiatus currently as you mentioned, but he's a very active contributor. When a reproducible, game-breaking bug is reported, it's usually fixed within a week.

That's also how I hope weekly builds will lead to a stable one...people reporting bugs, and them getting fixed. Obviously, as long as new features are being added, the possibility for introduced bugs will continue to be there, but unless there are feature freezes (which, with the way things have been going so far isn't very realistic), there's not much that can be done about that.

My own activity has tapered off recently because I'm getting married in 6 weeks, and am also working on a large project at work, and so gaming has taken a backseat. If we do switch to the weekly build though, I will be very active in listening for bugs and reporting them. As I already said, once a bug is reported, Kp is really good at fixing it quickly.

I'm Mako88 on Github, btw, as mk47at pointed out :)