It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that version 1.0.52 of Defender's Quest (PC) has just arrived and is ready for download.

New features include:

Auto-patcher DISABLED.

Anonymous data-tracking DISABLED.

Adobe AIR is NOT required to install the game.

Have a nice day! :D
Post edited November 14, 2012 by JudasIscariot
Awesome!
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that version 1.0.52 of Defender's Quest (PC) has just arrived and is ready for download.

New features include:

Auto-patcher DISABLED.

This deserves props to the developer for being consumer-friendly and listening to the players.
Nice! Perhaps you should mention this update not only here in the forum, but add a note about it directly to the game description. I think these are quite important and welcome changes.
When is verion 1.0.53 coming to GOG ?
I've had it for weeks as a beta tester and I know the developer has released it .. so why isn't it on GOG ? :)

waiting for v1.0.54 :)
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

New features include:

Auto-patcher DISABLED.

Holidays. Been busy - releasing a synchronized patch across all platforms takes a full day, at minimum, so I've delayed releasing it until I can dedicate that time.
Are the changes from 1.0.5.2 that much different than .5.3?

(IE: should I put off playing DQ until later or not?)
ShadowWulfe: Are the changes from 1.0.5.2 that much different than .5.3?

(IE: should I put off playing DQ until later or not?)
The only major change you're likely to notice is that there's now an achievement interface. The achievements were always there, but you could only see them on Steam. In the current version your achievements are still tracked as normal but you just can't see them. There's a few minor things as well, and some improved mod support, but that's the "big" one. (Oh, and Ether Flash dispelling darkness 100% at rank 1.)

There's no reason to wait on buying it, though, honestly. It's a great game and the only likely changes from this point forward are non-gameplay ones.
bevinator: there's now an achievement interface. The achievements were always there, but you could only see them on Steam. In the current version your achievements are still tracked as normal but you just can't see them.
The complete game, with its achievements, can't be seen if not sold on Steam?
Now we have the interface, but without its achievments?: Insult for us and/or advert for Steam?
Post edited January 23, 2013 by ERISS
Hey all, a new patch will be coming soonish as soon as I can stabilize it.

I can't remember if the achievement interface is already up or not, but a final version of that will be in the next patch, along with another round of bug-fixes, additional mod support, and language support for German.

Also, the localization interface will support arbitrary language input - so anyone can add their own fan-translations, and if we can work the legal details out, we'll start adding fan translations that people submit to us to the official build of the game.
Post edited January 23, 2013 by larsiusprime
I bought this game here and on Desura, but on desura isn't a standlaone version for Windows availlable, only Linux and Mac. Is it not uploaded yet?
We've had very, very, low sales on Desura, so I haven't really bothered to update that service, but if people are actually using it I can make sure when the next patch goes out that I give it some attention there, too.
larsiusprime: We've had very, very, low sales on Desura, so I haven't really bothered to update that service, but if people are actually using it I can make sure when the next patch goes out that I give it some attention there, too.
Ok, thanks. I was wondering why there are only old versions for Mac and Linux. Now I have the windows version here on GOG, but for the other customers on Desura first of all it would be unfair to stop support, even if they are not so many. Second: Imagine someone buys this game now on Desura, pays the full price and there is no windows version or updated versions as promised. That's breach of contract.
Post edited January 23, 2013 by Silverhawk170485
The Desura versions are piped into the public update server, so they *should* be able to fetch the latest version, even if the ones uploaded on the service are actually a bit old. So this is how we fulfill our obligation, though we will update the initial downloads available directly from Desura eventually, of course.

I just give higher priority to places that have sold more than 30 copies ;)
Post edited January 23, 2013 by larsiusprime