It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys,

We have upload patch 1.01 for Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut. Please check your game shelves for the patch.

Here's what's changed:

- Added full controller support for game.
- Added controller selector to launcher (note: controller button in
launcher must be selected for controllers to work in-game).
- Enabled game to use multiple processor cores. This should improve
performance and loading times on computers with multi-core processors.
- Fixed case where "All Achievements Unlocked" achievement was not
unlocking for players. Players who have met the conditions will also now
be awarded the achievement when they load their saved game.
- Alt button no longer pauses game.
- Fixed looping sound error when player stopped moving after stamina bar
was full.
- Fixed case where car speedometers were being erratic on some computers.
- Decreased recovery time during a final event in the game. Players
should find it easier to run and dodge now.
- Bug/crash fixes.

Thanks and have a nice day. Be sure to check your coffee :P
Important:
If you want to use this patch along with DPfix, you need to disable joystick in DPfix settings.
And I need to see if Alt pause allows cheating in QTE. If it does, the patch is not worth loosing it :) Seriously, who came up with the idea that 'press random button NOW or die' is fun?
Post edited December 03, 2013 by Novotnus
Novotnus: Important:
If you want to use this patch along with DPfix, you need to disable joystick in DPfix settings.
And I need to see if Alt pause allows cheating in QTE. If it does, the patch is not worth loosing it :) Seriously, who came up with the idea that 'press random button NOW or die' is fun?
Whoever came up with "Press X to not die" would be my guess :)
Novotnus: Important:
JudasIscariot: Whoever came up with "Press X to not die" would be my guess :)
Are you a troper, JudasIscariot ?

Thanks for the patch, anyways.
...and something nice to put on top of the patch:
http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=438
Thank you for the update, JudasIscariot.

Does this patch include the minor update released as "V1.01b" on Steam or is that patch forthcoming? I'm concerned about running into this issue, as it is apparently a game-breaking bug for some people...

-----
Version 1.01b
– Fixed case where movable objects became misaligned when pushed repeatedly from a specific direction (numerous places but, in particular, the statue puzzle in Mr Stewart's house).
-----
zakmckracken: Thank you for the update, JudasIscariot.

Does this patch include the minor update released as "V1.01b" on Steam or is that patch forthcoming? I'm concerned about running into this issue, as it is apparently a game-breaking bug for some people...

-----
Version 1.01b
– Fixed case where movable objects became misaligned when pushed repeatedly from a specific direction (numerous places but, in particular, the statue puzzle in Mr Stewart's house).
-----
I am not sure as of right now but I'll do what I can to find out. Been out of the office since Friday :)
JudasIscariot: I am not sure as of right now but I'll do what I can to find out. Been out of the office since Friday :)
No problem, Judas. I realize it's a busy time for everyone, so I appreciate the quick response. Please don't concern yourself with this until things calm down a bit. :) I'll check back every week or so, but honestly, no pressure. Thanks for your help.
I installed the update and now the game crashes quite often (umbrella puzzle). It tends to crash when I approach a statue and want to use it.

Is there a new patch upcoming ?
Darklord666: I installed the update and now the game crashes quite often (umbrella puzzle). It tends to crash when I approach a statue and want to use it.

the b version of the current patch is supposed to fix that glitch - we at GOG.com don't have that one yet

That being said, I really hope that Rising Star Games watches these forums too - it would be nice to get some sort of quality options setting so that we can change the game resolution (w/o a third party fix)
Post edited December 19, 2013 by FlamingFirewire
Darklord666: I installed the update and now the game crashes quite often (umbrella puzzle). It tends to crash when I approach a statue and want to use it.

FlamingFirewire: the b version of the current patch is supposed to fix that glitch - we at GOG.com don't have that one yet

That being said, I really hope that Rising Star Games watches these forums too - it would be nice to get some sort of quality options setting so that we can change the game resolution (w/o a third party fix)
Thanks for the info. I also hope they make it possible to change resolutions. I don't want to use 3rd party tools for this. I'm a bit dissapointed that rising star haven't adressed this yet.
So is it still 1.01a and not the latest 1.01b patch? Can someone please lemme know?
Is anyone else getting the controller option simply being greyed out and not selectable despite having a (360) Controller connected and otherwise working?
Sor_Eddie: So is it still 1.01a and not the latest 1.01b patch? Can someone please lemme know?
We haven't gotten the latest patch yet. As soon as we get it, we'll update the game :)
Hicks233: Is anyone else getting the controller option simply being greyed out and not selectable despite having a (360) Controller connected and otherwise working?
I played the latest version we have of Deadly Premonition with a controller. Are you running the executable directly or are you running the DP Launcher executable?
Post edited December 28, 2013 by JudasIscariot
Sor_Eddie: So is it still 1.01a and not the latest 1.01b patch? Can someone please lemme know?
JudasIscariot: We haven't gotten the latest patch yet. As soon as we get it, we'll update the game :)
Hicks233: Is anyone else getting the controller option simply being greyed out and not selectable despite having a (360) Controller connected and otherwise working?
JudasIscariot: I played the latest version we have of Deadly Premonition with a controller. Are you running the executable directly or are you running the DP Launcher executable?
Jeez, really? I mean no offense to you guys, it's not like it's GOG's fault, but that patch came out on Steam back on NOVEMBER 28th... Has Rising Star Games straight up forgotten that they need to send it to you guys?