It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cLaude83: I agree, at a personal level it doesn't really matter, but insults never really do... (What's gonna happen if you feel insulted? Are you or the other guy magically going to develop cancer? No, so it doesn't matter.)
myrhev: Through a good application of trolling on a vulnerable subject, you can cause them to become upset. This can raise blood pressure, increase cortisol levels, and just all around make them feel bad. It won't magically make them develop cancer, no, but it can make them have a bad day. If you upset a person enough online, usually only those that are easily offended, you can also damage their personal relationships. If they become curt with the people in their social circles or significant other, or are seen as ill and cranky at work, all of these things can have a negative effect.
So we cannot talk honestly at all because... someone can became upset?
Sir, are you for serious?
myrhev: Through a good application of trolling on a vulnerable subject, you can cause them to become upset. This can raise blood pressure, increase cortisol levels, and just all around make them feel bad. It won't magically make them develop cancer, no, but it can make them have a bad day. If you upset a person enough online, usually only those that are easily offended, you can also damage their personal relationships. If they become curt with the people in their social circles or significant other, or are seen as ill and cranky at work, all of these things can have a negative effect.
Yunipuma: So we cannot talk honestly at all because... someone can became upset?
Sir, are you for serious?
No, I don't think that's what myrhev means, I think what he is saying is that insults and trolling are a more effective way of dealing with sensitive snowflakes than I implied, because you can make them feel ill and strain their personal relationships by manipulating their lack of emotional spine. Might even manage to do some permanent physical damage, if you can give them an ulcer. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, myrhev, I have no desire to misrepresent your words!)
Post edited September 17, 2019 by cLaude83
Wowzers, you guys are genuinely evil, in a concrete sense of the word:)

Graphical downgrade was an inevitability, because PS4/XB. This happened with Witcher 3, and most certainly will happen to this game. The fact that the next-gen consoles are close muddles the issue though, so who knows. Worst case scenario - Cyberpunk's port on the new systems will be the best one graphically. Sony and Microsoft got money to throw around.

As for CDPR and all the "gender" crap - blame the marketing team and maybe higher management. They are not smart enough to get that "these" people aren't going to buy the game, they are just being little shits and trying to feel powerful.
And as a general reminder: if you yourself are going after emotionally weak people on the Internet, it's likely you are scared to stand up to someone IRL, but don't want to admit it to yourself. As a different perspective: when a child throws a tantrum, people don't generally murder them, maybe beat them up a little...
lordgizka: Wowzers, you guys are genuinely evil, in a concrete sense of the word:)

Graphical downgrade was an inevitability, because PS4/XB. This happened with Witcher 3, and most certainly will happen to this game. The fact that the next-gen consoles are close muddles the issue though, so who knows. Worst case scenario - Cyberpunk's port on the new systems will be the best one graphically. Sony and Microsoft got money to throw around.

As for CDPR and all the "gender" crap - blame the marketing team and maybe higher management. They are not smart enough to get that "these" people aren't going to buy the game, they are just being little shits and trying to feel powerful.
And as a general reminder: if you yourself are going after emotionally weak people on the Internet, it's likely you are scared to stand up to someone IRL, but don't want to admit it to yourself. As a different perspective: when a child throws a tantrum, people don't generally murder them, maybe beat them up a little...
Don't worry, lordgizka, I have no plans on applying the above hypothetical on anyone. I'm not genuinely evil, just a mad scientist with a lot of weltschmerz en cynicism, which gives me an affinity for twisted thought experiments ;)

I agree that management and marketing are probably to blame for the GG (gender gate :p ), but I wouldn't put it past them to still end up forcing it through final release.

I'm not sure that your reminder can be applied in general, though it certainly holds for some. But I can think of plenty of people who seek out vulnerable targets online despite considering themselves above all others IRL too, as well as people who are too scared to stand up to anyone online and IRL, and people who seek out vulnerable people online even though they are fully aware that they are too scared to stand up for themselves IRL... So I'd say your reminder is more a possibility, than the rule.

As for murdering badly behaved babies... Do you think natural selection would eventually lead to babies who don't throw tantrums, if people were less wuss about protecting them? ...Just another hypothetical ;p
cLaude83: I'm not sure that your reminder can be applied in general, though it certainly holds for some. But I can think of plenty of people who seek out vulnerable targets online despite considering themselves above all others IRL too, as well as people who are too scared to stand up to anyone online and IRL, and people who seek out vulnerable people online even though they are fully aware that they are too scared to stand up for themselves IRL... So I'd say your reminder is more a possibility, than the rule.

As for murdering badly behaved babies... Do you think natural selection would eventually lead to babies who don't throw tantrums, if people were less wuss about protecting them? ...Just another hypothetical ;p
I was simply trying to illustrate the parallel between small children and people whining on the Internet. Imagine if a child wants something absolutely unreasonable to change in the world, tries to manipulate others to this effect, and then said others make it happen. Sounds like crappy parents, doesn't it?

As for trolling (I'm lumping career sabotage and unlawful imprisonment in here, for good measure): granted, even without a pressing need to feel powerful, it's still potentially fun to literally everyone, especially when there is no risk of getting decked in the face.

As for your amazing natural selection idea, I'm pretty sure that's how humans bred dogs: eager to accept human dominance and be useful in some way. Governments and business people would love this idea, I think:).

To add to an "evil" vibe: it's not enough to ignore unreasonable people, they need to be smacked a bit, and afterwards they, somehow(?), need to realize that they deserved it for a valid reason. Maybe consistently laughing at certain people online is the way to do it...
lordgizka: As for your amazing natural selection idea, I'm pretty sure that's how humans bred dogs: eager to accept human dominance and be useful in some way. Governments and business people would love this idea, I think:).
Oh no! If governments and business people want this, it's almost certain proof that it's a terrible idea xD I was just trying to think of a way to get rid of annoying and badly raised children

lordgizka: To add to an "evil" vibe: it's not enough to ignore unreasonable people, they need to be smacked a bit, and afterwards they, somehow(?), need to realize that they deserved it for a valid reason. Maybe consistently laughing at certain people online is the way to do it...
On a purely theoretical/clinical level, I would be inclined to agree with you. Though it would indeed be absolutely vital that they themselves end up convinced that it was deserved. But in practice, I think this is a very dangerous precedent, because it presupposes that you (or whoever is dishing out such punishments) is somehow in a position where they can judge who deserves them and who doesn't, what is right and wrong. If you could get God to do this, all well and good, but God doesn't work this way (perhaps sadly :p ); so you end up with a human in such a position of power... And what gives any man the right to judge another man's actions? :/
cLaude83: If you could get God to do this, all well and good, but God doesn't work this way (perhaps sadly :p ); so you end up with a human in such a position of power... And what gives any man the right to judge another man's actions? :/
The hilarious thing is that that's exactly what God did for most of civilized human history:). Well, people borrowing from his authority. They also burned witches well. Might be relevant to Poland in particular, and Eastern Europe in general. This last part might seem like a non sequitur, but it's totally not.

...Also, where are the mods? If this was Steam, posts comprising this convo, and a bit before it would be deleted immediately. Oh well, hopefully this is going to be a good and proper Deus Ex clone. I will try to wait until all expansions are released, depending on my willpower...
lordgizka: The hilarious thing is that that's exactly what God did for most of civilized human history:). Well, people borrowing from his authority. They also burned witches well. Might be relevant to Poland in particular, and Eastern Europe in general. This last part might seem like a non sequitur, but it's totally not.
Ah, but the distinction between God and people borrowing from His authority is a vital one. The majority of people who claim to borrow from His authority and preach His teachings, I will find some important points to disagree with on those.
I'm not a big fan of churches (such as the Calvinists, Lutherans and Zwinglians) who claim to be the only one to hold the true interpretation of God's word, exactly because that is an unverifiable claim: why would these people get to judge me?

lordgizka: ...Also, where are the mods? If this was Steam, posts comprising this convo, and a bit before it would be deleted immediately. Oh well, hopefully this is going to be a good and proper Deus Ex clone. I will try to wait until all expansions are released, depending on my willpower...
I honestly have no idea. I keep expecting to come back to a ban or warning over some misinterpretation of the community guidelines or another, but so far so good. Half my mind thinks the mods are not paying much attention or just are not very strict, the other half thinks that maybe I've been granted mercy so far, because I'm letting my enormous love for traditional, conservative, orthodox & catholic Polish and Slavic culture and values show.
Post edited September 19, 2019 by cLaude83
low rated
[removed]
Post edited September 28, 2019 by lace_gardenia
Young doesn't understand many things.
wolfsite: Actually he shows that it isn't fully BS, he shows that CDPR has been either vague or being poor in the choice of words they have been using as in the video about TPP being removed there is a communication with the Cyberpunk team where they say that everything was going to be in FPP and they said yes when asked if TPP were being removed.

So it's more about the development team not communicating properly.
Can you not write in acronyms?
I have a life and don't follow the latest happenings. TPP FPP WTF are you talking about?
FPP first person perspective
TPP third person perspective
wolfsite: Actually he shows that it isn't fully BS, he shows that CDPR has been either vague or being poor in the choice of words they have been using as in the video about TPP being removed there is a communication with the Cyberpunk team where they say that everything was going to be in FPP and they said yes when asked if TPP were being removed.

So it's more about the development team not communicating properly.
dluketic: Can you not write in acronyms?
I have a life and don't follow the latest happenings. TPP FPP WTF are you talking about?
I don't even remember posting this so probably not..... oh wait
TPP: Third Person Perspective
FPP: First Person Perspective.

Edit: Oh that was already covered above me........ well I'll Vote up for that one.... you can tell I'm not fully here right now responding to this :)
Post edited September 30, 2019 by wolfsite