It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I just thought I'd share a workaround I did to get the Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.05 installed, download version. My situation is, I have a 128 Gb SSD drive for installed games. So the game takes about only 70 Gb, and the SSD drive should be large enough with the additional patch data. Unfortunately, 102 Gb extra additional space are needed on top just for the installation. So the GOG installer complains that not enough space is present. Simply re-installing the game on the large HDD does not solve the issue either, because I *do* want Cyberpunk to run on my faster SSD. I figured out a workaround:

1)
copy the game installation from small SSD (S:) to large HDD (X:), choosing a unique memorable name for the folder:

S:\cyberpunk_2077\ --> X:\cyberpunk_2077_patchable

2)
Open Windows Regedit

3)
Search for String "S:\cyberpunk_2077" and change every entry you can find to "X:\cyberpunk_2077_patchable". Pay particular attention to keeping backslashes and quotes where appropriate. It may suffice to stick to the following two, although I have not checked this.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\GOG.com\Games\1423049311
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\1423049311_is1

4)
Install the patch. The installer is directed to drive X: now

5)
In the Registry, Search for the new string "X:\cyberpunk_2077_patchable" and change it back to the original value "S:\cyberpunk_2077"

6)
Copy the patched game files back to the original location on the SSD.

X:\cyberpunk_2077_patchable --> S:\cyberpunk_2077\

Windows command line includes the program robocopy, which gets the job done nicely:

robocopy X:\cyberpunk_2077_patchable\ S:\cyberpunk_2077 /MIR

7)
Delete the copy on drive X:

8)
Run the game. You should see in the main menu that version 1.05 is active.

Please let me know if I have missed something. My conclusion: I find it annoying that I was supposed to get a larger SSD. It would not have improved anything besides just having been able to directly patch the game.

I was reminded why I usually wait a few months to get a more bug free experience. I still think Cyberpunk is a great game!

Regards
apox101
No need for anything this. There is temp path for updates option in GOG settings.
Attachments:
Post edited December 21, 2020 by coth_rus
You seem to be using the GOG Galaxy client. I am still working without it, using the "offline backup game installers".

Thanks for the hint in any case!
i got the same problem small drive but i'm stuck with one drive. had to unistall my other games for now. will invest getting a secondary ssd in future but hope gog galaxy improve the patching method in future cause i've heard no issue with steam.
apox101: You seem to be using the GOG Galaxy client. I am still working without it, using the "offline backup game installers".

Thanks for the hint in any case!
These might work to move the temporary drive of the installer to a new location, I have not tried these out though.

The command prompt one is temporary and only works for the current session of the command prompt window, so you need to run the patch executable from there.

Open up a Command Prompt window in Administrative mode
Type in the following 2 lines (Can change the path to your bigger drive if it is not D: and to another location than Temp)
set TMP=D:\Temp\
set TEMP=D:\Temp\
Run the patcher in the command prompt window.

This is a change that will stay.

Go to Control Panel->Select System-> Select Advanced System settings (left side)->Select Advanced(Tab)->Click Environment Variables
Find under user and system variables the 2 following variables (TEMP and TMP).

User Variables are usually
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\TEMP
System Variables are usually
c:\Windows\TEMP

Change all of these to your bigger drive
f.e D:\TEMP

Run the patcher.
apox101: Hi,

I just thought I'd share a workaround I did to get the Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.05 installed, download version. My situation is, I have a 128 Gb SSD drive for installed games. So the game takes about only 70 Gb, and the SSD drive should be large enough with the additional patch data. Unfortunately, 102 Gb extra additional space are needed on top just for the installation. So the GOG installer complains that not enough space is present. Simply re-installing the game on the large HDD does not solve the issue either, because I *do* want Cyberpunk to run on my faster SSD. I figured out a workaround:
Just dropping this here, to help others

https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/workaround_for_updating_game_on_ssd_with_low_free_disk

MKLINK solves so many problems

Also, do note that Cyberpunk 2077 is a portable game, the only reason to "install" it to a location is so the uninstaller works. This means you can copy the game directory to a new location and the game doesn't even know the difference.
Post edited December 21, 2020 by Merranvo