It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm mainly asking this question since I know they never released HDR on PC for the Witcher 3 despite eventually releasing HDR on consoles. I can understand that decision though. The game already looks pretty good and had been out for a long time. Hence the console and PC codebase was probably not that similar anymore due to optimizations and tweaks that was only present on one platform. Add the fact that HDR, while supported on the consoles, was hardly present on even high end computer displays and you are left with a feature that fairly few people will ever use.

Granted HDR in PC monitors is still a bit lackluster. Just looking at a list of displays many do support it on paper, but only in the form of the, low nits, DisplayHDR 400 standard which is pretty lackluster compared to the standards found on even a cheap TV. Still the better variants of this standard is creeping in to cheap monitors as well. That, and the fact that there are plenty of decent TV's out there that can be used for 4k gaming with a reasonable pricetag these days, makes me hope we will finally get CD Projekt RED's attention to detail mixed with some glorious HDR support. At least I can't wait to try this out on my LG OLED TV :)

What do you guys think. Is HDR a feature you would really like to see or can you happily live without it? PS: Feel free to answer even if you are planning on playing on a console.
Post edited November 05, 2019 by aBoo3
aBoo3: I'm mainly asking this question since I know they never released HDR on PC for the Witcher 3 despite eventually releasing HDR on consoles. I can understand that decision though. The game already looks pretty good and had been out for a long time. Hence the console and PC codebase was probably not that similar anymore due to optimizations and tweaks that was only present on one platform. Add the fact that HDR, while supported on the consoles, was hardly present on even high end computer displays and you are left with a feature that fairly few people will ever use.

Granted HDR in PC monitors is still a bit lackluster. Just looking at a list of displays many do support it on paper, but only in the form of the, low nits, DisplayHDR 400 standard which is pretty lackluster compared to the standards found on even a cheap TV. Still the better variants of this standard is creeping in to cheap monitors as well. That, and the fact that there are plenty of decent TV's out there that can be used for 4k gaming with a reasonable pricetag these days, makes me hope we will finally get CD Projekt RED's attention to detail mixed with some glorious HDR support. At least I can't wait to try this out on my LG OLED TV :)

What do you guys think. Is HDR a feature you would really like to see or can you happily live without it? PS: Feel free to answer even if you are planning on playing on a console.
there was a twitter reply from CDProject saying "there is a plan for HDR on PC", but i nothing nothing more...