It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi everybody.

I was wondering if CD Projekt could announce Cyberpunk 2077's system requirements. I truly wish to pre-order it but I have no clue if will run in my current system. So I dont know if I have to invest in a new hardware before aquire it.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
The game is still being developed and optimized. The system requirements will be announced closer to release.

The E3 demo was played on this system:

CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15
GPU: Titan RTX
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2 PCIe
PSU: Corsair SF600 600W

But, as i said, the game will change and be optimized. The Tita RTX is overkill. It was probably only used to compensate the not yet optimized state of the game.
xgribbelfix: The game is still being developed and optimized. The system requirements will be announced closer to release.

The E3 demo was played on this system:

CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15
GPU: Titan RTX
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2 PCIe
PSU: Corsair SF600 600W

But, as i said, the game will change and be optimized. The Tita RTX is overkill. It was probably only used to compensate the not yet optimized state of the game.
Yep. I read this possible requirements. But I was hoping for something more close to the final one. This E3 requirements are way too high compared to average setups now days.
Horny_Reaper: Yep. I read this possible requirements. But I was hoping for something more close to the final one. This E3 requirements are way too high compared to average setups now days.
Not yet. Still ~6 months to go.
4 months to go and yes we need the System Requirments because a TITAN RTX is not possible for 95% of the pc gamers, plus i have just 16gb of Ram and not 32 GB, do i need a SSD for the game and when then how much space this game takes ?

alot of People build new Systems at the end of 2019 because the Hardware prices are very low.
But i dont want to miss some hardware because i dont know the sstem requirements.
And i dont want to upgrade just because of the game and i miss a GPU when i got it 3 months before the game launched.

Will this game run poorly on AMD cards like The Witcher 3 did at the release ? or will it be more optimiced for AMD cards (i mean it have to be because of the consoles) but no one know that yet and the release isnt faar away and people can preorder that game already.

have the game DX12 and Vulkan support ? because i dont like DX11 and then a bad DX12 patch that improve nothing.
mastermind2k: 4 months to go and yes we need the System Requirments because a TITAN RTX is not possible for 95% of the pc gamers, plus i have just 16gb of Ram and not 32 GB, do i need a SSD for the game and when then how much space this game takes ?

alot of People build new Systems at the end of 2019 because the Hardware prices are very low.
But i dont want to miss some hardware because i dont know the sstem requirements.
And i dont want to upgrade just because of the game and i miss a GPU when i got it 3 months before the game launched.

Will this game run poorly on AMD cards like The Witcher 3 did at the release ? or will it be more optimiced for AMD cards (i mean it have to be because of the consoles) but no one know that yet and the release isnt faar away and people can preorder that game already.

have the game DX12 and Vulkan support ? because i dont like DX11 and then a bad DX12 patch that improve nothing.
The game is not yet optimized. They release the requirements then.
By the looks of this game, I truly believe the mim would be atleast 16GB of RAM and possibly a GPU above GTX 980, just on the sheer mass of how big this game is.
Just as an eductaed guess looking at games who are as big and good looking:

Recommended
CPU: 4th gen i7 or 8th i5 or Ryzen 1500X or better
GPU: 1060 6GB or better
RAM: 16GB or more
SSD: 100-150GB

(60 FPS on Medium-High in 1080p)
HappyNinja1: By the looks of this game, I truly believe the mim would be atleast 16GB of RAM and possibly a GPU above GTX 980, just on the sheer mass of how big this game is.
Big game doesn't necessarily means that it will need 512Gb of RAM.

It all depends on optimization. Witcher 3 is a big open world game but it uses less memory than Doom 2016 and loads much faster. And it runs flawlessly on the laptop i'm typing this message on right now. With max settings. Now ROTT 2013 can have framerate drops below 27 sometimes then go as fast as 160 because of bad optimization, UE3 FPS running slow on i7-6700HQ/32Gb/GTX1080M...

Or people tend to bash Unity engine for being slow... sometimes games with very detailed graphics and a lot of textures run on total potato netbooks and games with graphics not far ahead of Atari 2600 having heavy frame drops and leaking memory like there's no tomorrow. Same engine, same version even.
Or that infamous Warhammer tactics game (or was it strategy?) with map loading times over 5 minutes for absolutely no reason (with minimal HDD activity and CPU pretty much idling).

Only time will tell. And 8GB of RAM is a plenty for many games (like 90%)
GPU: 1060 6GB or better
I doubt that this game will require 6Gb of RAM for 1080p. Over 4k - sure.
I do have the same assessment like thaneize.
When i can trust Steam survey then the most common cpu is a cpu with 4 physical cores. The "fastest" old 4 core cpu i have often seen in recommended system specs for games was the i7 4770k and i7 4790k. My guess for recommended cpu referred to steam survey is: i7 4770k - all other 4core / 8 threads cpu's from 3,5 Ghz +

The most common GPU in steam survey is the GTX 1060

System Ram: 16 GB

i7 4770k, GTX 1060, 16GB maybe ok for 1080p @ medium settings

Develop and optimize a game for most common hardware make sense for me.
Post edited December 23, 2019 by Andreas_sp
I hoped they would release this info before Christmas so I can buy new parts lol.
This is holding me back from pre-ordering the game.
I wonder what kind of fps my measly 4770 + 1060 6gb would get.