It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am missing incentives to order on gog vs steam.
"100% of the money goes to CDPROJECT Red" is nice for you, but really I don't care how much money YOU make.

I care about convenience and benefits.
Even if I hate Steam of its unethical practices currently Steam is winning (I have not seen gog galaxy 2.0 yet) because of convenience. Sure I'm just buying a license vs a DRM free copy in gog, but staying up to date in Steam is a no brainer.
Their CDN is fast and resourceful.
The price is the same.
I might even find cheaper keys for Steam than gog on various sites.

I have no illusions, both platforms are operated by greedy corps.

So why should I care if CDProject Red receives 100% of the purchase?
No reason at all. Give me (and others) a reason to buy gog.
You hate Steam for there unethical practices but would prefer to support them...... okay....

-But Since it is CDProjectRed you should get same day patches (or even sooner) here
-The copy is DRM free here so you don't have to log into a client to use it and you can get a proper offline installer (I never had luck getting Steam offline installers to work).
-You can talk directly with the team about issues, on Steam they are a third party so they would probably direct you here regardless.
-Cheaper keys would be questionable as they may have been purchased using stolen credit cards and if that is true the key could get removed from your Steam account since it was not a valid key.
-CDProjectRed did 100% of the work on the game you may enjoy while Valve/Steam did 0% of the work.
Cheaper keys would still be the gog version :P ...And if you buy from other shady websites your key might get revoked..It happened to a lot of people with witcher3

on everything else I agree with wolfsite
Post edited September 30, 2019 by alexandros050
No DRM is the big one for me.

But I prefer if the majority of the money I spend actually goes to the people making the game. That makes it more probable that they will patch it (all games need patches) and just as importantly that they might make a sequell to a game I really like.

Galaxy works perfectly for me so I really don't see any benefits of steam client when it comes to updates. The only thing where steam is better is player made mods but I personally use them very rarely so it's not an issue for me.
"I care about convenience and benefits.
Even if I hate Steam of its unethical practices currently Steam is winning"

That's how they get you man.
Its easy to just give in and join the crowd, especially when its convenient / very popular.
But its the wrong thing to do.

Doing the right thing is never easy, and often met with disdain, but it is the right thing, morally.
That to me is more important than anything.
I know my money will at least go towards a good cause, for the time being at least.

True, we are basically talking about two corporations at this point, and make no mistake money is the prime directive.
However.
One cares literally nothing about gamers, the effect its going to have on the future of games, and capitalizes on the stupidity of the masses through the guise of convenience.

The other is trying to profit off of morality, intern creating a bright future for gaming.
There is nothing wrong with getting paid for doing the right thing.
Not only that but GOG has an incredible policy that holds the consumer in high regard.

Steams behavior implies that that they think you are a stupid child too addicted to its service to even care about what's going on behind the curtain.

GOG treats you like a respected adult, laying it all out there for you to see (for the most part).
And I like what I see here at GOG.
True Galaxy needs to get its shit together, but I'm willing to wait till it does.
I don't need to play games the SECOND they come out. But that's just me.
In all honesty Galaxy could learn a lot from Steam as far as convenience and sleek design goes.
Post edited October 13, 2019 by letsTPKothers
AxMi-24: No DRM is the big one for me.
Steam version will have no DRM too, just like Witcher 3.
Valve does not force games in Steam to have any DRM.
Steamworks is not a real DRM and is completely optional.
Post edited October 26, 2019 by KillAll666
The biggest incentive is paying the right respect to one of the fairest (price to game quality ratio) and really diligent developers.
Another big point is helping to bring down this monopoly of online stores with DRM and all kind of invigilation.

Overall thanks to the support CD Projekt Red was able to create quality games like Witcher 3 or Cyberpunk 2077. Extra money helps the developer to develop future games even better.