It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Personally i may decide to go with the Steam release or EGS but I'm considering Gog as an option if they have a good preorder policy.
high rated
Inuboy1000: Personally i may decide to go with the Steam release or EGS but I'm considering Gog as an option if they have a good preorder policy.
Personally, I wouldn't preorder at all at this point. I cancelled mine and had it refunded. Wait until closer to release if you must preorder. So far they are still making, what I consider at least, large changes to the game. Either that or they are just communicating it poorly. Either way, things don't seem to be as rock solid as I expected at this point and previews apparently aren't accurate in all respects.

If you do decide that you want to preorder no matter what, realize that CDPR owns GoG, so they see more of your money if you purchase it from them. That is an easy way to support them. That being another reason I cancelled. my preorder until I see exactly what they are doing with the game.
Inuboy1000: Personally i may decide to go with the Steam release or EGS but I'm considering Gog as an option if they have a good preorder policy.
myrhev: Personally, I wouldn't preorder at all at this point. I cancelled mine and had it refunded. Wait until closer to release if you must preorder. So far they are still making, what I consider at least, large changes to the game. Either that or they are just communicating it poorly. Either way, things don't seem to be as rock solid as I expected at this point and previews apparently aren't accurate in all respects.

If you do decide that you want to preorder no matter what, realize that CDPR owns GoG, so they see more of your money if you purchase it from them. That is an easy way to support them. That being another reason I cancelled. my preorder until I see exactly what they are doing with the game.
This is a compelling argument, but why pre-order at all? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only thing you get for pre-ordering some small discount on a few lousy plastic dolls?

If you never pre-order, you're much less likely to get burned, same as with early access.

Also, GOG and CDPR are distinct branches of the same parent company, but does that mean they will share revenue/profit? Are they even under the same management?
cLaude83: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only thing you get for pre-ordering some small discount on a few lousy plastic dolls?
Okay, if you insist. Figurines and reduced items were excluded from the (40%) discount. Incidentally, the discount has already expired for a while.

You should only pre-order, if you want to support CDPR, otherwise there is no reason. This is also the statement of CDPR on this topic. By the way, at GoG you can cancel the pre-order at any time (before release) if you do not like the development direction of the game after all.

According to CDPR, the money from Cyberpunk orders on GoG goes 100% to CDPR.
Preordered here on GOG when they opened up for it. Not likely to change until they mention that they're adding surprise mechanics, macrotransactions, and real world money fee for customizing your implants.

Wouldn't dream of getting this on EGS, just don't see the point. Epic are not nice people, their store is rubbish, their game launcher isn't all that nice, and their exclusives nonsense is annoying. Also can't help but notice that they've taken ages to develop basic store features that really shouldn't take all that long for a company that big, full of people that skilled.

Steam, well, they've already got me by the short and curlies. I'd lose a fair bit of money if they were to be wiped off the Internet tomorrow. I'd rather not tie more of my money down with them than absolutely necessary. GOG? Not the same issue at all, since everything is available through an offline installer.
Thank you, A_B_raxis, for clearing that up!
Arachnarok_Rider: Wouldn't dream of getting this on EGS, just don't see the point. Epic are not nice people, their store is rubbish, their game launcher isn't all that nice, and their exclusives nonsense is annoying. Also can't help but notice that they've taken ages to develop basic store features that really shouldn't take all that long for a company that big, full of people that skilled.

Steam, well, they've already got me by the short and curlies. I'd lose a fair bit of money if they were to be wiped off the Internet tomorrow. I'd rather not tie more of my money down with them than absolutely necessary. GOG? Not the same issue at all, since everything is available through an offline installer.
Getting this, or anything else, on EGS would indeed be ridiculous. And you are also very on point about steam, I too am unhappy with the amount on value tied up in my account there. In my opinion, the best feature about GOG is the offline installers.

For better or for worse, I'd say getting Cyberpunk on GOG or not at all, is the way to go. If you don't want to support CDPR, why buy it anywhere, they will still make a sale and earn a profit. If you do want to support them, why not support them more. Not to mention the fact that the GOG release will probably get some trivial bonuses, like art book, etc.
cLaude83: This is a compelling argument, but why pre-order at all?
Because it is CP77. No other reason, really. I'm usually a day 300+ buyer of games, but this and Total Warhammer is a cut above and beyond.

One might argue that recent info has been, well, less positive but mostly it is stuff that I really don't care about. No third person? I don't mind. Gender fluff, meh, don't care. Big huge world with loads of quests that have loads of completion paths? All the cyborg sci-fi stuff one could pretty much dream about? Essentially a cyborg version of the old Bloodlines, except done right by a studio that isn't broke? Oh yes!

There's no doubt I'm getting this. So why not preorder?
Arachnarok_Rider: There's no doubt I'm getting this. So why not preorder?
Because you can never be sure what is going to happen to a game that is still in development. Maybe they change something you do really care about, maybe the company files for bankruptcy (we all know that customers are the first people to get any money back when this happens... oh wait they're the last), who knows, the number of possible things that can go wrong is infinite.

It's just a matter of principle to never give someone money before they give you whatever your buying, whenever this is at all possible. Deals where one party holds all assets for whatever window of time, have a tendency and certainly a potential of going sour.

But obviously, I don't mean to tell you what to do. It's just my two cents. You do you :)
Post edited September 17, 2019 by cLaude83
I cancelled my pre order because I wanted to see more of system requirements
Don't preorder. Even if it is "Half-Life 3". Wait for reviews (honest), ignore paid game "journalists", ignore SJW peasants from Kotaku, Eurogamer, PCgamer...
Post edited September 21, 2019 by ivanasw