It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hello,

I cannot install patch 1.5 on revision 1.31, as i get the error that not enough disk space is available.

545132 MB (!) is requested for the update. I have 131 GB available on the target disk.

Is there a fix / workaround?

Best regards,

PK

Edit: Same issue was already for updating from 1.12 to 1.2, where it needed 383401 MB.
I cound so far only solve that by uninstalling 1.12 and then installing the latest version.
Attachments:
Post edited February 16, 2022 by PK1103
Hello,

I have exact same problem. I downloaded offline patch 1.5 and cannot install it due to not enough disk space error.

"The update requires 545132 MB of disk space to install. There is not enough disk space for the update"

I have 200 GB free on the target disk.
Same problem for me too except I've got 480gb free on my drive. The 1.5 patch offline installer wants 545132mb of disk space (i.e. 545gb) to install, which can't be right. I mean, the installed game at 1.31 is 67.1gb on my drive and the 1.5 installer itself is compressed to around 47gb, so for me even if it decompresses to 150gb, and then installs to the game's folder and makes that 120gb in size I'd still have enough space for it.
Post edited February 18, 2022 by Xandrosa
I have the same problem (545132 MB required). Do you know what do to with it? Any answers? Or maybe it's better to just reinstall the game all over?
I have a workaround for this problem. It's not ideal for everyone, since you will need a spare drive (or partition) with free space equal to your Cyberpunk installation (around 70GB) plus the temporary space required by the patcher (around 545GB).

-first off, if your game is installed on the same partition as your OS, this won't work (unless you use symbolic links or something but that's a different subject)

-move your Cyberpunk game folder to the new drive, including any parent folders in the path (so, if your game is installed to D:\games\CP2077\, then the new location would be X:\games\CP2077\ or whatever)

-open disk management and change the original drive letter to something temporary

-also in disk management, change the new drive letter to the same as the original drive letter

-run the patcher and wait for it to complete

-move the freshly patched Cyberpunk game folder back to the original drive

-change the drive letters back to their original state in disk management

-run the game and enjoy

If this sounds too complicated for you then your best bet is the forget the patchers and just reinstall using the latest version.

Personally I keep a backup of my Cyberpunk install in case I want to revert to the previous version but that's optional.

The high space requirements of the patcher aren't necessarily a bug or mistake, just poor design. The reason is that it needs enough free space to hold temporary duplicates of the game files, all the extracted patch content including stuff for languages you don't have installed, and patched copy of the install. There are of course ways to accomplish the patching process without the heavy disk space requirements but so far GOG hasn't deemed it necessary to explore this.
I have the same problem with 195 GB free on my drive. Please provide a fixed updater!
Decided to free up space on my drive and moved a load of files to get it up to 607gb of free space. The update installer finally proceeded, while I watched my drive's free space. Fully expecting it drop down to around 50gb of free space if the installer is to be believed.

It didn't.

In fact, it didn't go below 600gb. It seemed to hover around 600 while the updater was working and eventually finished at 611gb, while CP2077's installation folder has gone from being 67gb to 63gb. So go figure, clearly this 545gb requirement is bullshit.
Post edited February 17, 2022 by Xandrosa
Please GOG fix this as it is a ridiculous requirement considering the actual disk space that this game requires. How do we contact someone(not the stupid chat bot) about this issue.
Same problem here, 545132 mb required for install, that is 545.132 gb! There is clearly an error with the patch installer requirement here. Why does nobody test this first before release, oh wait it's cyberpunk...
it is not a bug. every patch had that issue (at least major ones).
the only thing support can do for you is suggesting using gog galaxy.

this is how they do things now. this is the world we live in.
Post edited February 17, 2022 by Ustarish
I am having the same problem (and had this with the prior patch). It's not acceptable, that you basically need a whole SSD just for updating one game. Please provide a fix for this, as it is both a major inconvenience and completely unnecessary (monitored disk usage with the older patch... nowhere near that amount of disk space needed).

I really like gog.com's service and many of the games here (having over 400 in my library), but if this trend continues, I will not be part of it any more.

P.S.: Did the above mentioned trick with renaming drive letters and installing the patch on an older mechanical HDD while monitoring disk usage every 2-3 seconds. So there's no way, I could miss if the used space actually went near the "required" amount as it might be possible with a very fast NVMe-SSD.
Post edited February 17, 2022 by CSpille75
Xandrosa: Decided to free up space on my drive and moved a load of files to get it up to 607gb of free space. The update installer finally proceeded, while I watched my drive's free space. Fully expecting it drop down to around 50gb of free space if the installer is to be believed.

It didn't.

In fact, it didn't go below 600gb. It seemed to hover around 600 while the updater was working and eventually finished at 611gb, while CP2077's installation folder has gone from being 67gb to 63gb. So go figure, clearly this 545gb requirement is bullshit.
I did the same thing and managed to get 700 gb on my hard drive, i move my game from my ssd to disk but I cannot install as it say the same error message "not enough space"

Does someone know how to fix that ? The updaate took me 2 days to download i cant reinstall the whole game ...
Post edited February 17, 2022 by Ustamabasqu
Xandrosa: Decided to free up space on my drive and moved a load of files to get it up to 607gb of free space. The update installer finally proceeded, while I watched my drive's free space. Fully expecting it drop down to around 50gb of free space if the installer is to be believed.

It didn't.

Ustamabasqu: I did the same thing and managed to get 700 gb on my hard drive, i move my game from my ssd to disk but I cannot install as it say the same error message "not enough space"

Does someone know how to fix that ? The updaate took me 2 days to download i cant reinstall the whole game ...
You need to change the drive letters as described here (https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/disk_space_insufficient_issue_for_installing_patch_15_on_131/post5), because the installer will try and use the drive letter, which the game was installed to.
Ustamabasqu: I did the same thing and managed to get 700 gb on my hard drive, i move my game from my ssd to disk but I cannot install as it say the same error message "not enough space"

CSpille75: You need to change the drive letters as described here (https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/disk_space_insufficient_issue_for_installing_patch_15_on_131/post5), because the installer will try and use the drive letter, which the game was installed to.
Well I 've installed the game on my C: ssd so I can't change it...
PK1103: Hello,

I cannot install patch 1.5 on revision 1.31, as i get the error that not enough disk space is available.

545132 MB (!) is requested for the update. I have 131 GB available on the target disk.

Is there a fix / workaround?

Best regards,

PK

Edit: Same issue was already for updating from 1.12 to 1.2, where it needed 383401 MB.
I cound so far only solve that by uninstalling 1.12 and then installing the latest version.
ive found my last thread about the same issue on one of the previous patches and this fix worked for me
https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/13_this_update_requires_385658_mb_of_disk_space_to_install/post11