It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cLaude83: And so it begins. The falling apart of a shit company. And the tearing of their benevolent facade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL2TYoBYsnY
hidefromkgb: You seem frustrated.
Amused rather.

hidefromkgb: You seem frustrated.
lace_gardenia: Quite.
Quiet.
Kaiten_: Well if only they could've told us a bit earlier... I already upgraded like 3 weeks ago. I could've waited for the new nvidia cards too since there is literally nothing else I would want to play on release till then. The delay is 5 months which means there is quite more to be done to the game which is great. Let it be done like it should be. But tell us please earlier that you need half a year more. There is no way they just found out that they need half a year more ...
Dryspace: I fully agree with your sentiments, but the answer is actually the opposite. There is no legitimate reason to announce the release date of a game until the game is completed, because doing so relies on the assumption of something that is impossible to know.

What is the likelihood that a game is actually completed exactly on a release date that was announced a year earlier? It's almost guaranteed not to happen, which means that such a practice results in one of two outcomes:

1. The estimated date of completion is ignored and the game is delayed
2. The estimated date of completion is maintained and the game is released unfinished

A "release date" announced while a game is still being developed is nothing more than a hopeful estimate, and leads to nearly inevitable but entirely unnecessary disappointment.

The only legitimate option is that practiced by the former game developer Valve: "We'll release it when it's finished".
Actaully when I thought about it more it is possible they just don't want to release it during summer /vacations/. I hope the fact the new consoles are so soon after does not hurt them in a way
Post edited January 19, 2020 by Kaiten_
low rated
cLaude83: And so it begins. The falling apart of a shit company. And the tearing of their benevolent facade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL2TYoBYsnY
No, let's be honest there - untill Cyberpunk fails (if it fails) CDPR is secured.
TheSlider: nope, they just announced that they'll inflict their teams with some painfull crunch...

This is terrible, they should slap the manager who though it would be a good idea to build up hype and start the marketing campaign this early...

I hope they go back on their decision and delay the game's relase even further as to keep their staff healthy and help them work in the best conditions.
DocRask: Cool, where did they say that?
Pick any major news outlet. They all reference a conference held by the joint ceo for various journalists and shareholders and whom explained that the team will have to put in crunch hours. You can find the transcript on cdprojekt's site.

I just hope they've chosen to delay the game to spread the effort and minimize the damage on their employees.
DocRask: Cool, where did they say that?
TheSlider: Pick any major news outlet. They all reference a conference held by the joint ceo for various journalists and shareholders and whom explained that the team will have to put in crunch hours. You can find the transcript on cdprojekt's site.

I just hope they've chosen to delay the game to spread the effort and minimize the damage on their employees.
Okay, I just don't out of habit patron major news or game websites because of reasons. Also, already got off my old butt and found it on their site.

Hope it's not bad for the people on the ground.
It would have been nice if they'd sent out an email about the delay to all who pre-ordered the game to support them all those months ago, instead of having to find out by media that the game is delayed.

I don't think an email to customers about the delay would be to much to do or ask for; seeing as this delay takes the pre-order time to 15 months or so.
Aquilusumbra: It would have been nice if they'd sent out an email about the delay to all who pre-ordered the game to support them all those months ago, instead of having to find out by media that the game is delayed.

I don't think an email to customers about the delay would be to much to do or ask for; seeing as this delay takes the pre-order time to 15 months or so.
Fancy that. For the Good Old, Polish CDPR this would have gone without saying.
Funny how communication with customers always breaks down when a company goes to shit... Now, what came first? The chicken or the egg? Do companies spiral into ever worse decision because they've lost contact with their customers? Or do companies stop communicating their decisions to customers, because they've started making bad decisions (and don't want to stop)?
I think they knew all along an April release was an impossible goal....but the close date will spur pre-orders! And when we get to August they can count on a second wave of them.