It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jwdR1: RTX 1060 6GB nvidia 460.73.01 drivers installed
It's either GTX1060 or RTX2060.

P.S. Game runs very well on a linux desktop with 3990X/256Gb/RTX3090, much faster than on a laptop with 10th gen i7 and 2060. And it doesn't even make GPU fans go "woooo"... but well - i got 1440p monitor there for now, so maybe that's why.
I'm struggling to update to version 1.23, even through the script it doesn't work. I've tried everything I can think of and it just keep crashing. The progress bar never moves at all. Here's the log:

Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\basegame_1_engine.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\basegame_2_mainmenu.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\basegame_3_nightcity.archive

EDIT: the update did work, even though the launcher said it didn't. Leaving this here so anyone else who uses the wrapper knows
Post edited June 17, 2021 by Housewrennt2004
Did anyone manage to solve the audio crackling issue? I'm using Pipewire + pulseaudio plugin.
Has anyone managed to get mods working btw? I tried to get some, to no effect - I think the wall run mod tried to work, but broke and just ended up giving me ice physics.
Hey, would like to use this with the 1.23 installers but the names don't match what's in the Readme file. Does this need an update before I can use it or is there a way to use the new installers anyway? Thanks!
So, about audio crackling. This seems to be an on-going problem:

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/4450#issuecomment-869136858
Don't try to use any mods - I tried to, and I think it broke my game. Now I have to re-install.
Fun.
shmerl: Did anyone manage to solve the audio crackling issue? I'm using Pipewire + pulseaudio plugin.
I haven't had any issues with crackling sound for a long time, since updating the wrapper to Wine Staging 6.2. Prior to that I had to set PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC when running the game to work around it. Haven't tested with any newer version of Wine.
tomgibson: Hey, would like to use this with the 1.23 installers but the names don't match what's in the Readme file. Does this need an update before I can use it or is there a way to use the new installers anyway? Thanks!
The wrapper has now been updated for the 1.23 installers & newer vkd3d-proton, but in future when installers have been updated & the wrapper script hasn't been updated for them you can try the -planb option (usage of this feature is detailed in readme.txt)
Post edited July 11, 2021 by adamhm
adamhm: I haven't had any issues with crackling sound for a long time, since updating the wrapper to Wine Staging 6.2. Prior to that I had to set PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC when running the game to work around it. Haven't tested with any newer version of Wine.
I have this crackling with Wine staging (and regular) 6.12.

What do you get in

pactl info

I wonder if PulseAudio sample rate affects it somehow.
Post edited July 12, 2021 by shmerl
shmerl: ...
It looks like a regression in Wine/Wine Staging - I tested with Wine Staging 6.11 and that has crackling sound.
adamhm: It looks like a regression in Wine/Wine Staging - I tested with Wine Staging 6.11 and that has crackling sound.
Yeah, could be related to thread priority patches. I tested with latest Proton-GE and it works OK.

See also: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/4450#issuecomment-869136858
Post edited July 12, 2021 by shmerl
shmerl: Did anyone manage to solve the audio crackling issue? I'm using Pipewire + pulseaudio plugin.
adamhm: I haven't had any issues with crackling sound for a long time, since updating the wrapper to Wine Staging 6.2. Prior to that I had to set PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC when running the game to work around it. Haven't tested with any newer version of Wine.
tomgibson: Hey, would like to use this with the 1.23 installers but the names don't match what's in the Readme file. Does this need an update before I can use it or is there a way to use the new installers anyway? Thanks!
adamhm: The wrapper has now been updated for the 1.23 installers & newer vkd3d-proton, but in future when installers have been updated & the wrapper script hasn't been updated for them you can try the -planb option (usage of this feature is detailed in readme.txt)
Thanks for the update and pointer to the -planb option, I have managed to get my install to work now. Thanks again!
So, I'm currently on Ubuntu LTS 20.04.2 with Linux 5.4 and Mesa 20.2.6 (I have an AMD Radeon 5500)
I have only tried running Cyberpunk 2077 through Lutris and Wine-staging so far, where in most cases, the game doesn't get beyond the CDPR logo and just crashes immediately.

Sometimes the game successfully launches and everything seems quite perfect. I can create my character and start the game, and the performance is really OK, apart from some minor graphical glitches. But unfortunately it takes no longer than 5 or 10 minutes and not only the game, but the whole system freezes. I can only unsafe reboot the computer and accept the fact that I may have to run fsck after that, because Linux hates unsafe resets.

Is there a chance that this script fixes those problems and prevents the OS from crashing when playing Cyberpunk? Or are those OS crashes a direct result from using an older Mesa driver or an older Linux kernel?
Since I'm on an LTS release, I'm actually hesitating to install driver/kernel updates on my own from external sources. I don't want to risk being stuck with an unbootable unusable system.
SuccessDenied: So, I'm currently on Ubuntu LTS 20.04.2 with Linux 5.4 and Mesa 20.2.6 (I have an AMD Radeon 5500)
This mesa is very old for it. Try the newest one.
What overrides are needed in the prefix besides for vkd3d for it to work? I'm trying to set up the game in the fresh prefix and it's crashing on startup (latest wine-staging). But in the old prefix it's working, but I don't see any overrides now in winecfg besides for vkd3d one.
Post edited August 06, 2021 by shmerl