It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cmwill99: I could rebind forward but I can't rebind move right to "F". I HATE WASD and play ESDF, and this is just a major frustration that should have been caught immediately for those of us to remap, regardless of scheme.
same here, can't do EDSF because I can't bind the F key.

The F key is used for interaction in the game. And you can't rebind that option. So I guess the F key is simply reserved for that specific task. Gotta learn to play WASD I guess..
Post edited December 10, 2020 by lococola
I can move with KB/M but not with controller. Oddly enough, the sticks et all work everywhere else.
lrreverent: It's a bug. Relax. It happens. Find a fix around for the time being and they'll fix it.
LaughingMan008: Any idea where the .ini file or whatever it is that saves the keybindings is?
I modified UserSettings.json in C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\ folder and it works.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by thainej6
Yeah keybinds have been really messed up ffs.

You can try to get a key remapper, for movement.

But that's just a messy workaround :(
LaughingMan008: Any idea where the .ini file or whatever it is that saves the keybindings is?
thainej6: I modified UserSettings.json in C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\ folder and it works.
Edit it with what? Do I need some app or something it's just a blank file for me
got the same issue, can't bind up and down arrows for movement this is a big issue for me,
i can bind all arrow keys for car steering. Hope they will fix this ASAP
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Moozart
thainej6: I modified UserSettings.json in C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\ folder and it works.
Vamperic52: Edit it with what? Do I need some app or something it's just a blank file for me
Try notepad?
This really sucks. Why does everyone forget about left-handed people? WE DON'T PLAY GAMES WITH WASD! Guess I'll have to use a gamepad until they fix this.
i fixed mine with thise settings.

Edit the file "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\UserSettings.json"
Search "SettingsLocomotion"

change the value "IK_W" to "IK_Up"

"name": "forward",
"type": "name",
"value": "IK_W",
"default_value": "IK_W"

change the value "IK_S" to "IK_Down"

"name": "back",
"value": "IK_S",
"default_value": "IK_S"

hope this helps.
Moozart: i fixed mine with thise settings.

Edit the file "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\UserSettings.json"

change the values "IK_W" to "IK_Up"

change the values "IK_S" to "IK_Down"

hope this helps.
I was going to post something like this, but haven't tested yet, still fighting my way through these terrible keybind settings. I'm left handed too...but if it's true that not even ESDF can me mapped, it's a big fail too, for many people.

I also tried AutoHotKey and seems to be a no go for this game, even in Admin mode...not sure why? I'm no AHK expert though, but I have used WASD to arrow scripts with success in other SP games.

change the values "IK_W" to "IK_Up"

change the values "IK_S" to "IK_Down"

hope this helps.
Sholva: I was going to post something like this, but haven't tested yet, still fighting my way through these terrible keybind settings. I'm left handed too...but if it's true that not even ESDF can me mapped, it's a big fail too, for many people.

I also tried AutoHotKey and seems to be a no go for this game, even in Admin mode...not sure why? I'm no AHK expert though, but I have used WASD to arrow scripts with success in other SP games.
it works for me now .... even the Analysis Mode i bind the key to "PageDown" instead of TAB, im using Notepad++
to edit my files.

change the value "IK_W" to "IK_Up"

change the value "IK_S" to "IK_Down"

hope this helps.
Thanks that worked. I was trying to just use AHK, but that's not working for me.
Thank fuck it worked...now if you could rebind interaction, having it hard locked to F is so goddamn dumb, I use Enter for interaction always
Vamperic52: Thank fuck it worked...now if you could rebind interaction, having it hard locked to F is so goddamn dumb, I use Enter for interaction always
im glad it worked for you, I think the F key is none keybind, can't find it in the file.
You need to edit both config files. That is if you also want to change all the prompts, like interacting with things, to a different button than F.

These are the files:
UserSettings.json in the folder C:/Users/%USERNAME%/AppData/Local/CD Projekt RED/Cyberpunk 2077 (replace %USERNAME% with your Windows username)
inputUserMappings.xml in the folder C:/Games/Cyberpunk 2077/r6/config (or wherever you installed the game)

The UserSettings.json file is for all in-game bindable keys. Here you can make sure your ESDF keys are bound properly, including F which refuses to bind in-game. Same deal if you want arrow keys, or something else that refuses to bind in-game.

The InputUserMappings.xml file hosts all keybinds. That includes functions that can't be bound in-game at all, like interact prompts.
Open in Notepad. Use Ctrl+F to search for the key you want to replace "F" interact prompts with. In my case I want Q to be interact, so I search for "IK_Q". Replace all instances with different buttons, in my case IK_W (W), as it should be free.
Then look for all instances of "IK_F". There are dozens of these. Replace them with your interact key of choice, in this case "IK_Q" for Q.
Note that you don't have to do any functions that already have a "overridableUI" value. These are all bindable in-game and controlled from the UserSettings.json file. So might as well ignore them here.

The game now properly has ESDF movement while responding to Q for interact and other prompts. Interesting to note: now Q does not rebind in-game, but it's fine as the binds are good now. Obviously you can also do the same for arrow keys and a different interact button.

Note that the inputUserMappings.XML file in the game folder may be quite likely to be replaced on updates. And there's hundreds of hardcoded binds with no bind options in-game.

This may take a while for them to fix.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by ArchMechasis