It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cakestomach: I copied the game folder to a drive that did have enough space, and ran the patch from the command line with /dir="e:\pathtocopiedfolder\", and it appears to have been satisfied there was enough space, but it patched the original files, not even the copies.
I even deleted the copies just to make sure it was using the originals.
But yes, it's an insane error.
Can you please make a short guide on how to do it ? I mean how did you run patch from the command line ?
You set the installed game directory as the place where temporary files are stored in GOG settings

Offline installers may take the route of general operations on windows etc extracting from archives etc all use

TEMP FOLDER

Put this in your File Explorer
%TEMP%

so when you launch it expands on your drive where the temp folder is located check the free space on the drive that contains your %TEMP%

You can relocate Temp to a drive with more space or link to another drive or run a batchfile or manually create a pseudo user which works around Temp location and all other windows locations info Docs Appdata etc.
Just wanted to add that in my monitoring of this it does not appear to be due to the actual required space and I speculate may be due to some pre-determined calculation in the installer such as 10-12x the size of the installers (this matches other of the patches where 600MB installers required 6GB+, etc, following that trend).

I was looking at the drive free space in near real-time (refreshed every 1s) for the entire duration and it never consumed more than 10GB total on the game drive. The system drive meanwhile consumed up to 16GB space (so it's not only using the game drive free space, either).

Both fluctuated up to 10GB/16GB consumed, respectively, while being installed but didn't exceed this so it seems completely unnecessary to have close to 400GB required of free space.
It is the same installer bug as with patch 1.2 that required 383401 MB for no reason.
Ustarish: Why?
why is a stand alone patch require 4 time smore space thank a full game installation?
this is ntentional. they want everyone on galaxy. it was here with the last patch and why i returned it. that it is stil here means they are doing nothing to try and fix it.

i will not put galaxy on my computer,especially in this underhanded way