It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi!

I noticed on the Steam Community that a new patch, 3.0.1, was released on October 23rd to address several of the issues that we are all having with the game currently. I was wondering when we might expect to get that patch on GOG?

Thanks!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Wondering the same here, the game hasn't work since the anniversary update. Gog is being very quiet about it.
Devs said Steam is their preferred platform, that is Steam gets preferencial treatment, that means GOG gets teh patch today. Go figure. They got our moneys already..
Still time to try a refund (for me). Game does not even start for me under WIndows 7 SP1 (64bit).
if the developers can not even be bothered to roll out patches or give proper workarounds for several problems (in a year since release!)..., if they fix one thing (like the game not even starting) so reluctantly...if they openly state they prefer steam over GOG... then i am asking myself...why bother as customer? (e.g. question: Is the game THAT good and can be run for hours without unexpected crashes or with known workarounds?)
Guess i will see as workaround in the next days that the minimum requirements have changed..
Post edited October 26, 2020 by Lusverunza
I played the game for about 10 hours over the weekend. Didn't have a single crash or game breaking bug. Played the campaign.

Sure there are minor bugs and annoyances, and I would have loved to have the patch 3.0.1 installed. It sucks that GOG users get this patch several days later than Steam users. Most of the games I've bought on GOG before have been older games, where patches have not been an issue. But this game is different. If this is common practice for devs, it might be the last new game I buy on GOG.

As for the game not working on Win7, the devs wrote on the Steam forum, that this was a new problem with the AE, and they are working on it. The Steam page for the game states that the minimum OS is Win10, but GOG's Store page claims support for Win7&8. So they really should have tested the game on older OS'ses.
tapsa78: The Steam page for the game states that the minimum OS is Win10, but GOG's Store page claims support for Win7&8. So they really should have tested the game on older OS'ses.
To be fair, they changed the Steam page requirements to Windows 10 AFTER the patch made it no longer able to work on anything but Windows 10. They need to at least make a rollback patch to make it playable to it's original specs. To change a game's system requirements due to a patch AFTER people have already purchased and had the game for a year is a poor business choice and will lead to long term fallout.
Post edited October 26, 2020 by Pen420
So this game doesn't get patched on GOG?
The devs wrote on their Friday's Steam announcement, that the patch would on GOG on Monday (Today). I assume that should mean by the end of business day on Central European Time (CET). So if it doesn't show up in a few hours, I guess it wont show up today...

This kind of lack of support by GOG.com is really sad.
tapsa78: The devs wrote on their Friday's Steam announcement, that the patch would on GOG on Monday (Today). I assume that should mean by the end of business day on Central European Time (CET). So if it doesn't show up in a few hours, I guess it wont show up today...

This kind of lack of support by GOG.com is really sad.
Agreed. It has paused a few buys for me because of this.
Ok 2 notes here - the reason why AE is incompatible with W7/8 is as i understand new version of the game engine. They asked for help with the known issues from author of the engine and he did help. I assume new gen/ver of the engine was part of that. How shitty it is for you guys i understand. You should be entitled to refund fully no matter the play time.

Second note is to the updates on GOG as opposed to Steam - sure Steam is huge. If it were publicly traded it'd rake billions on IPO itself i'm sure. But throughout the years i saw probably only No Man's Sky show huge dis for GOG until they brought up their game on par in all matters. And now this.
It would not be fair to GOG i believe if you hated them for this game. GOG offered refund for NMS once the online compatibility for Gog was postponed by weeks or months iirc. And that applied no matter how long you've played, you could have refunded.
Don't hate the messenger..
I have seen this before. Steam gets an update but GOG lags way behind. There can be a few reasons for it.

The most common reason is that the developer cannot update the game themselves -- they need a GOG staff member to do it. For whatever reason this has yet to happen. Either the developer has not contacted GOG or GOG is taking a while to update the game.

The other reason I have seen is issues with GOG Galaxy or the DRM free version of the game. Something specific with the GOG build that delays the update.

No clue what the issue is behind the delay, it may be either reason I listed or something else entirely.
lostintime: I have seen this before. Steam gets an update but GOG lags way behind. There can be a few reasons for it.

The most common reason is that the developer cannot update the game themselves -- they need a GOG staff member to do it. For whatever reason this has yet to happen. Either the developer has not contacted GOG or GOG is taking a while to update the game.

The other reason I have seen is issues with GOG Galaxy or the DRM free version of the game. Something specific with the GOG build that delays the update.

No clue what the issue is behind the delay, it may be either reason I listed or something else entirely.
Incompetence of the devs, that's the reason and nothing else.
lostintime: I have seen this before. Steam gets an update but GOG lags way behind. There can be a few reasons for it.

vine01: Incompetence of the devs, that's the reason and nothing else.
You know it's an issue when the Devs won't even respond to their customer base on GOG.
This developer is a joke, I regret buying this from GOG.
I sent a message to GOG support, and got a reply rather quickly:
My colleagues from the Product team will contact the developer and see what can be done.
They also offered to give a refund if I want. I just bought the game on the anniversary sale a week ago, so still have some time get the refund.

Let's hope the devs start supporting their GOG customers a bit better...