It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
TEXT TUTORIAL

1. Download Notepad++
2. Open GOG Games folder
3. Open Conquest Frontier Wars folder
4. Scroll down until you see "Conquest.ini" file
4a. Right click file then click "Edit with Notepad++"
4b. Scroll down to line 53 or where you see the following;

[System]

------------------
IEventSystem
IRenderPrimitive
IRenderPipeline = RendSft
IWindowManager
IViewConstructor
IStreamer
TextureLibrary
LightManager
VertexBufferManager
------------------

5. Change the IRenderPipeline = RendSft TO IRenderPipeline = Rend0
6. Once you've completed this step launch the game and go into options and select what resolution you wish to play, click OK and restart the game.
7. Launch the game and play it.
Post edited March 01, 2016 by Aze93
Aze93:
I see you got it to post. :) Out of curiosity, was what you were originally trying to post significantly longer than this? Because what you have here wouldn't be anywhere near long enough for the post to not go through.

Also, why on earth would someone need to download Notepad++ just to edit an .ini file?
Aze93:
HunchBluntley: I see you got it to post. :) Out of curiosity, was what you were originally trying to post significantly longer than this? Because what you have here wouldn't be anywhere near long enough for the post to not go through.

Also, why on earth would someone need to download Notepad++ just to edit an .ini file?
I only had a bout 2 more lines and one link so I removed them.

Also for Notepad++ it's super easy to identify the "IRenderPipeline = RendSft" where if you edit it with "Notepad" it can look more confusing and take more time for people who aren't familiar with editing files.
I tried your solution from a CD version of the game, but it just won't run period on my Windows 10 system. Are there any differences between the CD version and the GOG one?
ZionBlanco: I tried your solution from a CD version of the game, but it just won't run period on my Windows 10 system. Are there any differences between the CD version and the GOG one?
On the CD is version 1.05, from the GOG version is 1.07. You must first install patch 1.07:
http://www.moddb.com/games/conquest-frontier-wars1/downloads/conquest-frontier-wars-patch-107
ZionBlanco: I tried your solution from a CD version of the game, but it just won't run period on my Windows 10 system. Are there any differences between the CD version and the GOG one?
AllGrey: On the CD is version 1.05, from the GOG version is 1.07. You must first install patch 1.07:
http://www.moddb.com/games/conquest-frontier-wars1/downloads/conquest-frontier-wars-patch-107
Still having the same trouble, Installed the patch and everything. I do have two hard drives, you think it might have done something with the registry? I've had to go in there before to fix install trouble.
Install the game is not in the default folder Program Files, this might cause problems with access rights.
It is advisable to install the game to example this path c:\Games\Conquest.

Conquest_reg_ini.zip https://yadi.sk/d/RF4vkec4qdP5o
In archive file Conquest.ini replace it, and Conquest.reg file run it after installing the game, it will automatically fix all the registry.

Purely for the sake of experiment, try to install my mod, if it will work then the problem is in your game, and if he, too, will not work, then the problem is in the system (that something is wrong with windows).

Based on the results, we can continue the search problems in the correct direction.

The main thing is not to give up and all the difficulties will remain in the past. :)
Post edited March 31, 2016 by AllGrey
Hey, sorry I didn't answer to your suggestion earlier, AllGrey. I was having a really rough time at school that was really coming to a head around when I stopped communicating.

I just tried the link you sent me, but it seems to be broken. you have another way of trying your fix?
Post edited May 23, 2016 by ZionBlanco
Conquest_reg_ini.zip: https://yadi.sk/d/sHifaNlGsBoRD
Tried it, unfortunately it's still doing the same thing: acting like it's gonna start, then nothing. I appreciate the effort, though.
ZionBlanco: Tried it, unfortunately it's still doing the same thing: acting like it's gonna start, then nothing. I appreciate the effort, though.
Try giving Conquest.exe compatibility with XP SP2
ZionBlanco, what actually is the problem?
It is difficult to suggest any solution without knowing the nature of the problem, describe it in detail.
ZionBlanco: Tried it, unfortunately it's still doing the same thing: acting like it's gonna start, then nothing. I appreciate the effort, though.
executor23: Try giving Conquest.exe compatibility with XP SP2
i dont understand we have the source code... I mean how have we not found a way
yes it work!!!
yes there is a differences.