It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This game is a wonderful blast from the past and I'm ever grateful to GoG for bringing it back.

However, as with many GoG titles using Dosbox, I found that once again my old self-made installation worked much better.

Perhaps it's a Dosbox issue that there's no one-size-fits-all performance setting (particularly cpu cycles), but in the case of Conqueror, the default GoG settings completely wreck the gameplay on my PC by making the overland map scrolling and time progression so fast that it's literally unplayable.

For example a day in the normally functioning game should last about 8 seconds, whereas in the GoG copy, it lasts half a second.
The scrolling in the GoG version is also uncontrollably fast, it zooms you across the map at the slightest touch of the screen's edge.

I strongly encourage everyone who bought Conqueror here to adjust your Dosbox settings, especially the cpu cycles until you get to the above mentioned speed standard - i.e. when a day on the overland map takes about 8 seconds.

I also uploaded my own Dosbox config to Google Drive, in case it helps anyone, though it uses fixed cycles and it may or may not work well for you depending on your hardware, but you can use it as a guide nonetheless:

Conqueror 1086 Dosbox config file

It should be copied into the Conqueror AD1086 folder created by the GoG installation and overwrite the original.

As for the issue itself, would be nice if GoG gave a warning about this on the description or perhaps included several config presets, because the current default installation is unplayable on some rigs (e.g. mine) and gives a very bad impression to new players.
I tried your config, game is much smoother. The problem - the age of my knight is skyrocketing. The guy aged 3 years just in march! o.0 This way it doesn't work either...