It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anyone have a solution for the title? I can run the game in 1024x768. However if I go above that a large portion of the screen is rendered black not allowing me to play the game. However the game itself operates fine so its some resolution issue
Here's a thread from the Battlefront forums:http://community.battlefront.com/topic/110164-cmx1-screen-resolutions/

You might also fiddle around with DGVoodoo2 and see if you can do anything with that. Mostly with the CMx1 games you've got to find a resolution that it likes with the closest aspect ratio to your own monitor.
The problem may be your monitor rather than your system. The game only has 5:4 and 4:3 resolutions. In theory it can find the nearest one of those to match your widescreen monitor's height - BUT ONLY if your monitor (and card) supports it. For example a widescreen 1680x1050 monitor could in theory host a 1400x1050 resolution of this game, but not all will, they might only have smaller legacy 4:3 resolutions. It could be your card software but more likely your monitor. I had this issue with a widescreen Dell monitor (and an Asus widescreen netbook, and an Acer widescreen laptop). Find out if your monitor can do a 1440×1080, 1600×1200, or 1920×1440 resolution. If it can then see if your card/software can be set to send such a resolution down the wire to the monitor.