It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have a good Logitech programmable joystick, and was wondering: does CMR provide a decent driving experience (or will it work at all) with a joystick? Or MUST I get a driving wheel (I won't even think about keyboard only). I'd love to get this game if I can use a joystick. Thanks for any feedback!
It's actually pretty good also with keyboard alone.
While I can't say if it will work on a Logitech stick, CMR2005 works like a dream with my Saitek Cyborg Evo. I suppose you shouldn't have problems as long as it's an USB stick, right?
Yes you can use your joystick and gamepad with this game.
Thanks Guys - Sounds like it should work out OK. I'm gonna give it a shot. Maybe I'll post more later on.
I'm using my Xbox 360 controller (not that I own the console, just the controller :P ), it's perfect so far.
I haven't even tried the keyboard yet, to be quite frank.
Falci: I'm using my Xbox 360 controller (not that I own the console, just the controller :P ), it's perfect so far.
yeah, I've been using my 360 controller, too. I love how this game actually utilizes the z-axis triggers for acceleration and braking.
Falci: I'm using my Xbox 360 controller (not that I own the console, just the controller :P ), it's perfect so far.

How did you guys get the game to recognize the controllers? I couldnt configure them.
hockeycanuck: How did you guys get the game to recognize the controllers? I couldnt configure them.

Well, I just stuck it into the USB drive and entered the game. Then I went to the options to configure the controller, but it was already set up. I just had to change the control from keyboard to the controller.
hockeycanuck: How did you guys get the game to recognize the controllers? I couldnt configure them.
Falci: Well, I just stuck it into the USB drive and entered the game. Then I went to the options to configure the controller, but it was already set up. I just had to change the control from keyboard to the controller.

While Codemasters was not obligated to help, they in fact did and now it works.
This game is heavenly with controllers, I get so sick of poor analog support, like how Flatout 2 only supports controllers in game, in the menus (even in game menus!) you have to use the keyboard.
Enough rant, CMR05 supports external controllers beautifully.
Using my old Saitek stick it works fine. I think it's better than keyboard alone, as it's a smooth continuous action rather than prodding the buttons constantly.
Of course, nothing beats a solid Steering wheel/pedals set.
TrIp13G: yeah, I've been using my 360 controller, too. I love how this game actually utilizes the z-axis triggers for acceleration and braking.

Does it use XInput to use the left and right triggers for accelerate and brake separately? I know that old games which don't have XInput end up using the Xbox360 controller triggers as one axis so that with both released it's at 50% and not a split z-axis for two functions.
TrIp13G: yeah, I've been using my 360 controller, too. I love how this game actually utilizes the z-axis triggers for acceleration and braking.
korell: Does it use XInput to use the left and right triggers for accelerate and brake separately? I know that old games which don't have XInput end up using the Xbox360 controller triggers as one axis so that with both released it's at 50% and not a split z-axis for two functions.

Well, it actually auto set up to use buttons A and B to accelerate and brake. I feel very comfortable with it so I never changed it.
korell: Does it use XInput to use the left and right triggers for accelerate and brake separately? I know that old games which don't have XInput end up using the Xbox360 controller triggers as one axis so that with both released it's at 50% and not a split z-axis for two functions.
They work independently, if I'm not mistaken.