It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I bought this game and experienced a few crashes in the first hour of playing. So I searched the internet and found out that kalypso (the company responsible for the game) has made a patch for the game which updates it to ver 1.020 and helps preventing said crashes. I tried to install this patch but it says that the game is not installed which means the patch does not recognize the GOG version of the game.

After searching their forum I found an entry in which it is said by the devs that online platforms have received the patch too - so where is the patch on GOG? The actual game still is ver. 1.006!
MarkoH01: I bought this game and experienced a few crashes in the first hour of playing. So I searched the internet and found out that kalypso (the company responsible for the game) has made a patch for the game which updates it to ver 1.020 and helps preventing said crashes. I tried to install this patch but it says that the game is not installed which means the patch does not recognize the GOG version of the game.

After searching their forum I found an entry in which it is said by the devs that online platforms have received the patch too - so where is the patch on GOG? The actual game still is ver. 1.006!
Hi,

We really apologize about the weirdness with Ceville's version. We checked the English version and it was 1.0.2.0 but the German version was not the latest version for some reason. We have uploaded a patch for the German version that will bring the German version in line with the English one.

Again, we really apologize for the inconvenience.
MarkoH01: I bought this game and experienced a few crashes in the first hour of playing. So I searched the internet and found out that kalypso (the company responsible for the game) has made a patch for the game which updates it to ver 1.020 and helps preventing said crashes. I tried to install this patch but it says that the game is not installed which means the patch does not recognize the GOG version of the game.

JudasIscariot: Hi,

We really apologize about the weirdness with Ceville's version. We checked the English version and it was 1.0.2.0 but the German version was not the latest version for some reason. We have uploaded a patch for the German version that will bring the German version in line with the English one.

Wow! I have to say you are very quick here at GOG. Consider me a satisfied and happy customer :) I stumbled over GOG a long time ago only to buy Outcast but I really love you guys. Great service and quick replys - that is the way it should be. Thank you very much!
JudasIscariot: Hi,

MarkoH01: Wow! I have to say you are very quick here at GOG. Consider me a satisfied and happy customer :) I stumbled over GOG a long time ago only to buy Outcast but I really love you guys. Great service and quick replys - that is the way it should be. Thank you very much!
You're welcome :)

One word of advice, if I may:

When you see a problem such as a game version being different than what it's supposed to be, please don't hesitate to drop us a line via the Contact Us link as we can't check every forum and problems like the one you reported might get overlooked :)

Anyways, have fun and enjoy your game :)
Awesome example of GOG's excellent customer service. I bought this game yesterday or the day before totally on a complete whim and haven't even downloaded it yet and it shows on my shelf now as both "NEW" and "UPDATED" which is great to see, and then to also follow the link from the update thread to hear and see why. If only other distributors etc. were so quick to respond to customers like this! It is one of the reasons I will go ahead and just buy games whimsically in the first place and not even worry about the money back guarantee thing. I know that I'll get the game running or GOG will help to do so to the best of their ability and certainly beyond any other online distributor's service on a good day! In the event I end up unable to get some game to work I don't even _want_ my money back, and consider it money spent for the best-effort attempts to get things to work. If such a case ever happens, I could probably mess around with a virtual machine or even set up a copy of XP or older OS on an old junk system anyway and GOG would likely try to help with getting it rolling on that. :)

Hard to lose shopping here if one is careful and patient IMHO. GOG++ :)
skeletonbow: Awesome example of GOG's excellent customer service. I bought this game yesterday or the day before totally on a complete whim and haven't even downloaded it yet and it shows on my shelf now as both "NEW" and "UPDATED" which is great to see, and then to also follow the link from the update thread to hear and see why. If only other distributors etc. were so quick to respond to customers like this! It is one of the reasons I will go ahead and just buy games whimsically in the first place and not even worry about the money back guarantee thing. I know that I'll get the game running or GOG will help to do so to the best of their ability and certainly beyond any other online distributor's service on a good day! In the event I end up unable to get some game to work I don't even _want_ my money back, and consider it money spent for the best-effort attempts to get things to work. If such a case ever happens, I could probably mess around with a virtual machine or even set up a copy of XP or older OS on an old junk system anyway and GOG would likely try to help with getting it rolling on that. :)

Hard to lose shopping here if one is careful and patient IMHO. GOG++ :)
Umm thanks? :)
JudasIscariot: Umm thanks? :)
Hey, if there's a chance that sucking up a bit might help get Xwing vs Tie Fighter here faster...

*RUNS* :)
JudasIscariot: Umm thanks? :)
skeletonbow: Hey, if there's a chance that sucking up a bit might help get Xwing vs Tie Fighter here faster...

*RUNS* :)
I would presume voting on the wishlist would be a better idea :P
JudasIscariot: I would presume voting on the wishlist would be a better idea :P
Done that of course.. :) I have a bit of a vibe that mentioning something excessively enough times can have a positive juju element too though. :) It worked for me in the past with a few things anyway. :) I suppose it's the Internet equivalent to trying to use The Force.... the only question is whether my midichlorians (sp?) are strong enough or not. :)

These are the games you are looking for.

:)
JudasIscariot: I would presume voting on the wishlist would be a better idea :P
skeletonbow: Done that of course.. :) I have a bit of a vibe that mentioning something excessively enough times can have a positive juju element too though. :) It worked for me in the past with a few things anyway. :) I suppose it's the Internet equivalent to trying to use The Force.... the only question is whether my midichlorians (sp?) are strong enough or not. :)

These are the games you are looking for.

:)
True Star Wars Fan who acceps this medi.. whatever crap? Anyway - the force helped you. I voted for it too :)
You have to admit, it would be pretty funny if a group of pranksters snuck into Disney and modified Epcot Centre to look like the Death Star some night. :)
skeletonbow: Hey, if there's a chance that sucking up a bit might help get Xwing vs Tie Fighter here faster...
Star Wars: X-Wing, Tie Fighter and X-Wing Alliance should be here first. Better yet all of them at the same time.