It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

QTZ: This is known problem already fixed in the Pack mentioned by Toshiba-3 (above).

But if for some reason you want to stick to older, less features, experimental "patch" made by GOG...

This happened when game is moved (or installed? - I can't test this at the moment) to different location than the default.

The CD files for Win95 execs in GOG 95 version are stored in \DATA\ROOT\ sub-folders of C1 and SP.
The files which are pointing 95 GOG modified execs to CD files are ADWIN.TXT and PCWIN.TXT (instead of default PATHS.TXT, which is still used for DOSBox). So those files structure is same as PATHS.TXT. If you have those files encrypted you may add new comment line at the beginning "//" and start the game to reveal the other lines, then edit them to point to correct paths.

In the 95RPP (mentioned above) the GOG solution is dropped - all execs using same PATHS.TXT (as original game does), which are set to be non sensitive to game location, also big "ROOT" folders are replaced with small as possible "MiniCD", which are also used for DOSBox there (the .GOG bin files are not necessary anymore).

There is also possible problem that game can't find it self when it is installed to too long path (this happened in Steam release where default path is too long), which is also fixed in 95RPP.
Thanks for the info, I'll give that new pack a whirl then!
It does make my game to crash, usually after a race say... 3 out of 7 times, so sometimes it gets quite frustrating: Specially after a long hard race or after unblocking a car.

Still worth it tho: the was completely unplayable before this patch and now runs so much smoother! Still jumpy, and I need to deactivate the mirrors, but at least it is playable. I think they should provide the patch on the front page, with a warning about it making the game less stable!
vladimir1986: It does make my game to crash, usually after a race say... 3 out of 7 times, so sometimes it gets quite frustrating: Specially after a long hard race or after unblocking a car.

Still worth it tho: the was completely unplayable before this patch and now runs so much smoother! Still jumpy, and I need to deactivate the mirrors, but at least it is playable. I think they should provide the patch on the front page, with a warning about it making the game less stable!
are you using the gog supplied patch or the 95 restoration project patch? the latter is much more stable.
vladimir1986: It does make my game to crash, usually after a race say... 3 out of 7 times, so sometimes it gets quite frustrating: Specially after a long hard race or after unblocking a car.

Lord_Kane: are you using the gog supplied patch or the 95 restoration project patch? the latter is much more stable.
Well, I didn' t even knew about the restoration project!.

With it it even runs smoothly on my 2006 computer, but there are two downfalls to using the GOG patch (with it the game improves from using DosBox, but is still unplayable on my older computers): Sound becomes choppy and there is no CD music!

Now I must clarify that I am using Linux and I play carmageddon using a Windows wrapprer called wine. I checked all the config files and made the names match with the configuration (capital letter wise), even tried to mount a CD iso image made of the music and all the config options possible, to no avail...

Still wondering if there is a solution, but I must admit that the game is otherwise playable on my main computer (which funny enough is far slower than my laptop)
Lord_Kane: are you using the gog supplied patch or the 95 restoration project patch? the latter is much more stable.
vladimir1986: Well, I didn' t even knew about the restoration project!.

With it it even runs smoothly on my 2006 computer, but there are two downfalls to using the GOG patch (with it the game improves from using DosBox, but is still unplayable on my older computers): Sound becomes choppy and there is no CD music!

Now I must clarify that I am using Linux and I play carmageddon using a Windows wrapprer called wine. I checked all the config files and made the names match with the configuration (capital letter wise), even tried to mount a CD iso image made of the music and all the config options possible, to no avail...

Still wondering if there is a solution, but I must admit that the game is otherwise playable on my main computer (which funny enough is far slower than my laptop)
Give this a try, the worst that can happen is it wont work, I dont think its going to blow up your linux install or anything (I am not a linux user at home, I only used to use it at work so my knowledge is limited) so it cant hurt to try can it? Carmageddon 95 Restoration Patch
Getting low FPS in 1920x1080 mode for some reason with Restoration Patch, DOS+NGlide or Win95+1080stretch works 40-60fps...

Anyone else?
Post edited February 07, 2017 by 2mg
2mg: Getting low FPS in 1920x1080 mode for some reason with Restoration Patch, DOS+NGlide or Win95+1080stretch works 40-60fps...

Anyone else?
by default the directdraw hack restricts the max fps to 30,

so open the ddraw.ini file in the CARMA and CARSPLAT directories,

and change maxfps=30 to whatever value you desire.
May have been asked here or in other topic, but cant find it...
So how do i make the w95 experimental patched version work with the nglide wrapper? The ddraw.ini only has the software and opengl options, nothing about 3dfx.
Experimental *patch*... actually patching nothing... (it bring some of Win95 files back, add wrappers and mess),
please use 95RPP instead (it replace GOG patch completely, can be installed over it).

nGlide is for DOS 3Dfx version - you can install latest nGlide, then in 95RPP setup select to update it from system.
ddraw.ini is for ddraw.dll wrapper for 95 version (software, but faster).
Post edited March 18, 2017 by QTZ
QTZ: Experimental *patch*... actually patching nothing... (it bring some of Win95 files back, add wrappers and mess),
please use 95RPP instead (it replace GOG patch completely, can be installed over it).

nGlide is for DOS 3Dfx version - you can install latest nGlide, then in 95RPP setup select to update it from system.
ddraw.ini is for ddraw.dll wrapper for 95 version (software, but faster).
Is there any way you can get CD music on the 95RPP version?
Also when I set maxfps over the standard 30 the car acceleration sound becomes choppy, which doesn't happen in the DOS version from GOG.

The GOG Experimental patch won't even start if you have your Carmageddon directory in the Program Files folder, no matter if I run with admin rights or not.
And when it's installed running the Windows 95 executable of Carmageddon won't do anything but run it in the background and cause very high CPU usage for nothing.
Do we need to install the GOG Experimental Patch before installing that Unofficial Max Pack 95 Restoration Project Pack?
Any way to fix volume in this game in Windows 10? Music volume is too low (strangely in menus it plays slightly louder), i don't use winnm.dll, because game don't start with it (i use cd image through daemon tools).
neoyarble: Do we need to install the GOG Experimental Patch before installing that Unofficial Max Pack 95 Restoration Project Pack?
Nope, however 95RPP can be installed over GOG *Patch*. BTW: It's recommended to install recent nGlide first and set to update it from 95RPP. Also set OpenGL renderer. If you are using recent Windows (like Windows 7-10) do not set any additional wrappers (otherwise Win95 version will crash on start).

KainXVIII: Any way to fix volume in this game in Windows 10? Music volume is too low (strangely in menus it plays slightly louder), i don't use winnm.dll, because game don't start with it (i use cd image through daemon tools).
I'm not sure, but AFAIR there is software which can change volume of compressed audio files without reencoding (anyway you can edit volume with regular audio software), I don't know if there is another way under Windows 10.
Post edited January 29, 2018 by QTZ
neoyarble: Do we need to install the GOG Experimental Patch before installing that Unofficial Max Pack 95 Restoration Project Pack?
QTZ: Nope, however 95RPP can be installed over GOG *Patch*. BTW: It's recommended to install recent nGlide first and set to update it from 95RPP. Also set OpenGL renderer. If you are using recent Windows (like Windows 7-10) do not set any additional wrappers (otherwise Win95 version will crash on start).

KainXVIII: Any way to fix volume in this game in Windows 10? Music volume is too low (strangely in menus it plays slightly louder), i don't use winnm.dll, because game don't start with it (i use cd image through daemon tools).
QTZ: I'm not sure, but AFAIR there is software which can change volume of compressed audio files without reencoding (anyway you can edit volume with regular audio software), I don't know if there is another way under Windows 10.
In the end i just played dosbox version with glide emulation, faster and more convenient way (and without volume problems) =)
When I run the installer it states; 'Game installation not found, please reinstall'. I've tried reinstall. Still doesn't find it.