It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

grimgroove:
Strijkbout: The shortcuts are for Dosbox, you need to start the game with the carma95.exe executable.
Thank you, that worked :-)
I don't know where to report this but I found that the Win95 patched version of splat pack expansion plays the intro video from the vanilla version of the game instead of the video from the expansion pack.
This really improved fps for me, also the saves are compatible so it doesn't hurt to try it.

Thanks.
I also found the patch greatly improved performance!
Why GOG don't try to fix that?
GOG have a optimization skill for latest system and this is a GOG policy,right?
But Windows 95 patch exist and already alpha released by GOG is a good.
For those trying to get the patch installer and the game to work in Linux (via Wine):

Every time I tried running the patch installer (even with "/nogui" in the command line), it gave me this error:

Runtime Error (at 55:1503):

Access violation at address 7D763FE0 in module 'gdiplus.dll'. Read of
address 001B9D64.
To fix this, I installed "gdiplus" by running this command using Winetricks:

"winetricks gdiplus"

Note that this also allows regular GOG game installers to work without having to use the "/nogui" option. After this fix I was able to install the patch without issues.

As for the game, it seems to work fine for me, however there is some flickering in the menu screen after I return to it from a game. Maybe it's just my hardware or something? (I am using Wine 1.4.1)

EDIT: apparently Splat Pack won't run (gives me an error) unless I start it with the command line and use the "-hires" command.
Post edited August 20, 2014 by BillyMaysFan59
Patch also works perfectly on my AMD Radeon HD 5750, (Win 7 x64). Thank you GOG!
Looked around at AppDB and noticed that the menu screen flickering (which happens after returning to it from a game) is a common Wine issue. Anyone know if there's a way to fix it? Doesn't break the game, so I could probably put up with it, but still... :P
Hi,

I have installed to patch without any problems. My question is should I run the game from the shortcut GOG created on my desktop or from the CARM95 file found inside the game folder, in order to play the Win95 version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
damien: I have installed to patch without any problems. My question is should I run the game from the shortcut GOG created on my desktop or from the CARM95 file found inside the game folder, in order to play the Win95 version?
Strijkbout: The shortcuts are for Dosbox, you need to start the game with the carma95.exe executable.
Also, in the Start Menu.
There's now an advanced '95 Patch for both the GOG and Steam releases. It's been mainly tested with the Steam release. The installer lets you customize your C1 copy in many ways, even HD versions of Carma95.

Give it a look there: http://www.cwaboard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501&p=104654
What is the difference between file Carma95H1, Carma95H1G, Carma95H2 and Carma95H2G?
I'm getting texture issues. Sometimes the ground appears to "shake" when I drive.
When I select new game from the main menu with win95 patch I get asked to insert the carma CD.

Anyone else getting this? Or know how to fix it?
Post edited July 01, 2015 by DVLTR
This is known problem already fixed in the Pack mentioned by Toshiba-3 (above).

But if for some reason you want to stick to older, less features, experimental "patch" made by GOG...

This happened when game is moved (or installed? - I can't test this at the moment) to different location than the default.

The CD files for Win95 execs in GOG 95 version are stored in \DATA\ROOT\ sub-folders of C1 and SP.
The files which are pointing 95 GOG modified execs to CD files are ADWIN.TXT and PCWIN.TXT (instead of default PATHS.TXT, which is still used for DOSBox). So those files structure is same as PATHS.TXT. If you have those files encrypted you may add new comment line at the beginning "//" and start the game to reveal the other lines, then edit them to point to correct paths.

In the 95RPP (mentioned above) the GOG solution is dropped - all execs using same PATHS.TXT (as original game does), which are set to be non sensitive to game location, also big "ROOT" folders are replaced with small as possible "MiniCD", which are also used for DOSBox there (the .GOG bin files are not necessary anymore).

There is also possible problem that game can't find it self when it is installed to too long path (this happened in Steam release where default path is too long), which is also fixed in 95RPP.
Post edited July 02, 2015 by QTZ