It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Windows 95 patch for this game really makes it playable on my PC - with just DOSBOX'd DOS version, I get so much lag with this game, and I seem to have similar problems with some other DOSBOX games like Theme Hospital. If possible, do more of these for games that have a Win95 option. Would you guys consider making another Win95 patch that would worth on more hardware, or have you given up on this experiment?

Also, weird issue - after I close the Win95 version of the game, my screen stays black until I Control+Alt+Delete and end the game process - has anybody else had this issue?
Works like a charm AMD HD 7770(ASUS 2GB DDR5)... Better Framerate than DOS version!

I have WIndows 8
Post edited October 18, 2013 by sidbslay
Works perfect on Vaio with Win8 ! Thanks !
The only thing i can't get to work on this patch is multiplayer, does anyone have a solution for this? I tried with tunngle and through my normal LAN Network, doesn't seem to work with both...
Hi guys,

We have updated the base Carmageddon Max Pack installer to version 2.0 and the Windows patch has also been updated to go along with the 2.0 installer change.

Please click here for the updated version of the still experimental Carmageddon Windows patch. Thanks :)

The link in the OP is also changed :)
Post edited November 29, 2013 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Hi guys,

We have updated the base Carmageddon Max Pack installer to version 2.0 and the Windows patch has also been updated to go along with the 2.0 installer change.

Please click here for the updated version of the still experimental Carmageddon Windows patch. Thanks :)

what exactly is an experimental patch?
JudasIscariot: Hi guys,

damien: what exactly is an experimental patch?
It means we're not completely sure if it will work out well enough to where we can include it with the game hence the reason we give an open link.
JudasIscariot: It means we're not completely sure if it will work out well enough to where we can include it with the game hence the reason we give an open link.
thanks for clarifying
The Windows version of Carmageddon Splat Pack seems to run in a very low resolution. I did not have this issue with the 1.0 version of the patch.
Aridoom: The Windows version of Carmageddon Splat Pack seems to run in a very low resolution. I did not have this issue with the 1.0 version of the patch.
Add -hires to shortcut and will run in high resolution. Like:

"D:\GOG Games\Carmageddon\CARSPLAT\CARM95.EXE" -hires

You can't change music/sound options so better to setup that in DOSBox version but you can max all graphics settings without loses on performance.
Post edited January 08, 2014 by HenitoKisou
That fixed it.
Is there any way to make this version look as buttery smooth as the Hardware mode version provided? I have the HW version looking amazing but it chugs along with DOSbox, but the Windows version looks like a blown up version of the original DOSbox version. Adding -hires to the shortcut doesn't work, nor does fiddling around with the ddraw.ini file. Any help is appreciated!
Blandsman:
I'm afraid not, hardware mode uses 3dfx Glide and needs a very powerful CPU, while the Windows version uses Directdraw.
The -hires command should work and to smoothen out thing more you can change the resolution to your native one in ddraw.ini.

-hires should be outside the quotationmarks (e.g. "c:\carmageddon\carmav95.exe" -hires)
Post edited February 19, 2014 by Strijkbout
How do you start this Windows version? I installed the update, but the only shortcuts I find still take me to the DOS-version of the game.
grimgroove:
The shortcuts are for Dosbox, you need to start the game with the carma95.exe executable.
Post edited May 26, 2014 by Strijkbout