It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sicness666: every race in the splatpack with the bugguti and the sled is unplayable because the game crashes - that has to be fixed
sndwv: Decoding, editing and re-encrypting the files worked perfectly for me, I was able to finish the game without any problems. I don't know the success rate, but wouldn't it be better if GOG included the fixed files with the W95 patch? It might change properties from their intended values (though I did not notice) but without the fix the game is guaranteed to crash.
I did that, seems to work. But are the characters now eliminated from the game? I had now about 4 races and they didn't appear. Or just bad luck?
sicness666: I did that, seems to work. But are the characters now eliminated from the game? I had now about 4 races and they didn't appear. Or just bad luck?
They're still in the game for me, so I guess it's bad luck?
sicness666: I did that, seems to work. But are the characters now eliminated from the game? I had now about 4 races and they didn't appear. Or just bad luck?
sndwv: They're still in the game for me, so I guess it's bad luck?
Everything is fine. Thanks for the help. I love this place ♥
Fenixin: Some more feedback: I've been playing a lot this weekend in two computers. One is a Windows XP 64 bits box and the other one is a Windows 7 64bits. In both computers the experimental patch works out of the box but there are some small problems: - The motor sounds of all the cars seems to be broken, and more when there are more than one car near.
BoneofMalkav: In the main menu,go to settings and bring down the Sound Detail to Medium.Worked for me in the past.
Thanks! that helped!

Fenixin: - There's no way to change the vol. of music and game sounds. In the menu says "use the windows mixer", but I think you can't disable game sounds and let the music play.
BoneofMalkav: Sadly you can't.
:(

Fenixin: - If you minimize the game while playing in fullscreen, it will hang when restoring the window, this happened to me in both PC configurations.
BoneofMalkav: I haven't tried this yet,but you could try Holding Alt and pressing Enter to bring it to a window and see how going off focus and back on focus works.
It doesn't work.

Thanks for the answer!
BoneofMalkav: I haven't tried this yet,but you could try Holding Alt and pressing Enter to bring it to a window and see how going off focus and back on focus works.
Fenixin: It doesn't work. Thanks for the answer!
I can tell you now if you run hardware mode via dosbox like me with nglide v1.00 then you CAN successfully 100% fine minimize the game with alt+tab and then click and make it fullscreen again. I do it all the time.

Now does Steam in-game work? Yes and no. Yes in that you can see the window popups and that you can still activate it in-game with your key configuration for it and you can still use it for pics. No in that you cant read or see chat txt via steam in-game.
Post edited October 15, 2012 by Stixsmaster
Fenixin: It doesn't work. Thanks for the answer!
Stixsmaster: I can tell you now if you run hardware mode via dosbox like me with nglide v1.00 then you CAN successfully 100% fine minimize the game with alt+tab and then click and make it fullscreen again. I do it all the time. Now does Steam in-game work? Yes and no. Yes in that you can see the window popups and that you can still activate it in-game with your key configuration for it and you can still use it for pics. No in that you cant read or see chat txt via steam in-game.
Mostly because even though steam supports OpenGL it doesn't support Glide Emulation (Same thing happens when running Carmageddon 2 through steam)

Wait NGlide's now at 1.0?
Post edited October 17, 2012 by BoneofMalkav
Here I was, just the other day, wondering why noone has released an updated version of Carmageddon for modern platforms now Stainless have their license back. And bugger me if GOG haven't delivered once more.

Patch working absolutely fine here, hardware acceleration working correctly at 1920x1200. Intel Q9550 / GTX570. Looks just as good as I remember, if not a little better.

Cheers guys!
The Windows patch runs fine.
The weird thing is that the action replay is like "slowed down". Audio is OK while the video runs in slow motion (sorf of). The DOS version does not have this problem.
Nvm, i fixed it.
Post edited November 06, 2012 by Trid
The Windows 95 patch works fantastically for me and probably the only option to play the game at a decent resolution with a stable framerate.
Firek: Our release contains the DOS version by default, complete with both software and 3Dfx/Glide rendering modes. As you may know, however, Carmageddon also came with a Windows 95 patch.

Because this version has got problems with some ATI/AMD cards, as well as not-so-stellar multiplayer support, we do not want to make it available as an actual part of the release itself. This version will allow for higher resolutions, most likely better framerate, but may also be unstable on some PCs, or not work at all.

Basically, we only support the actual DOS release available in the installer and, if you want to try the Windows version, you do it at your own peril. ;) Just to clarify, the patch does not replace the DOS version, so it's safe to use - there's just no guarantee that it will work better than the default version, or at all.

You can download the patch here. We strongly recommend installing it by right-clicking the file and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Also, let us know in case you encounter problems with it, or if it works perfectly for you. :)
No, it doesnt work! It says "Game Installation not found". I installed the game many times and still the same problem! What should i do?
Post edited December 01, 2012 by superdenis
superdenis: No, it doesnt work! It says "Game Installation not found". I installed the game many times and still the same problem! What should i do?
Even if the message appears, check the start menu. Most likely the patch was installed properly anyway (I also got the message but "Carmageddon (windows)" shortcut appeared anyway and works like a charm). Also have you really made sure to install it "as administrator"?
I can't play the game. It just gives me a black screen then crashes. Tried DEP and I have UAC already off but nothing works.
This makes the game so much more playable for me, there was so much slowdown before I used this patch.
I couldnt play carmageddon without this patch.
Thanks GOG for giving us this!!