It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fenixin: Some more feedback:

I've been playing a lot this weekend in two computers. One is a Windows XP 64 bits box and the other one is a Windows 7 64bits. In both computers the experimental patch works out of the box but there are some small problems:

- The motor sounds of all the cars seems to be broken, and more when there are more than one car near.
In the main menu,go to settings and bring down the Sound Detail to Medium.Worked for me in the past.

Fenixin: - There's no way to change the vol. of music and game sounds. In the menu says "use the windows mixer", but I think you can't disable game sounds and let the music play.
Sadly you can't.

Fenixin: - When driving uphill the camera shakes, or maybe the textures shake, it something very small but really strange.
Sadly that's just how Direct Draw (ddraw.dll) renders.Untill hifi (Not gog as people tend to think made the ddraw patch for carma95.exe) can figure out how to stop that problem,just constantly switch from the Third Person camera angle to First Person.Saved me ALOT of headaches.

Fenixin: - If you minimize the game while playing in fullscreen, it will hang when restoring the window, this happened to me in both PC configurations.
I haven't tried this yet,but you could try Holding Alt and pressing Enter to bring it to a window and see how going off focus and back on focus works.
CPU is AMD Phenom II X6 1100T with a couple of Radeon 6800's and W7 x64. It kept asking for the cd until I told it to run the game as an administrator. Now it works great though.
Post edited October 01, 2012 by hammr25
Patch works great, even multiplayer with other patch players.
It can't connect to dosbox version for multi, so all players have to use the same version.

Noticed a ddraw.dll crash due to a conflict with ATI Tray Tools' On-Screen Display. Adding "carm95.exe" to ATT's exclusion list lets you run both together.

And about that Splat Pack -hires mode...

If you right-click and check out the properties of the "Carmageddon Splat Pack (Windows Version)" shortcut, its got quotes around the '-hires' parameter. I took out the quotes, hit OK, and it ran as sharp as C1 patched. It still doesn't adhere to the resolution option in ddraw.ini, but it runs so buttery smooth I forget what not bleeding looks like.
The win95 patch only work for c: drive and default location. Otherwise CD asked. I think GOG will fix this.
GreatLamer: The win95 patch only work for c: drive and default location. Otherwise CD asked. I think GOG will fix this.
Strange, I installed on D: and it worked just fine. Did use the default path though, just another drive letter. W7/64 b the way.
Seems to work for me...works a lot better than the DOS one did...

I have had it crash though...

ATI HD MOBILE

Intel i5

Win7
This patch is from original Carmageddon 95 version. I don`t understand why is not included with GOG version of the game. It seems it`s the best solution to play this game on modern machines. I have my old Carmageddon CD from Max Pack, on cd there is Windows installer in Carm95 folder. I compared version with Windows patch from GOG and my CD version and it`s working the same way. Everything runs great except small audio problems in menu. High FPS, e.g on my Asus F3SV, XP Pro, Core 2 Duo + 8600M GS about 70 to 100 ale the time.

Why play DosBOX version, it`s far more problematic and it`s much slower than original Win 95 version of the game.

I can confirm also "hires" option is enabled as default after applying GOG Windows patch. On my original disc version it must be manually added to carm95.exe shortcut.

Can somebody can confirm Audio Problems in menu? Try to go few times from one place to another in menu and sometimes you will not hear menu sound click. But in game everything runs 99% time ok with Audio.
Post edited October 07, 2012 by lukeczek
lukeczek: Why play DosBOX version, it`s far more problematic and it`s much slower than original Win 95 version of the game.
Because usually DOSBox/DOS versions of games are far more stable than Windows versions, and GOG isn't officially supporting the Win patch because of that. At least they provided it here, right?
cyxceven: And about that Splat Pack -hires mode...

If you right-click and check out the properties of the "Carmageddon Splat Pack (Windows Version)" shortcut, its got quotes around the '-hires' parameter. I took out the quotes, hit OK, and it ran as sharp as C1 patched. It still doesn't adhere to the resolution option in ddraw.ini, but it runs so buttery smooth I forget what not bleeding looks like.
Amazing, this fixed the issue I had. Besides Carma95.exe not actually closing when i click quit (having to force quit it via task manager every time) there is no problem with the patch!
I jest tried this patch. Got it running 100% fine and proper resolution and max quality. Still looks like crap compared to dosbox version of the game.

Too many jaggy edges and what not.

Game looks much sharper honestly and 100% fine in dosbox version.

Here compare these 2 images:

Dosbox version: http://i.imgur.com/OFSCQ.jpg

Carma95 version: http://i.imgur.com/fG4Hc.png

Which looks better? To me honestly the first/Dosbox version. BTW I did force 32xS anti-alias on both dosbox + carma95.exe for highest quality possible. & I used the -hires command on everything too.
Post edited October 10, 2012 by Stixsmaster
Stixsmaster: I jest tried this patch. Got it running 100% fine and proper resolution and max quality. Still looks like crap compared to dosbox version of the game. Too many jaggy edges and what not. Game looks much sharper honestly and 100% fine in dosbox version. Here compare these 2 images: Dosbox version: http://i.imgur.com/OFSCQ.jpg Carma95 version: http://i.imgur.com/fG4Hc.png Which looks better? To me honestly the first/Dosbox version. BTW I did force 32xS anti-alias on both dosbox + carma95.exe for highest quality possible. & I used the -hires command on everything too.
If you have a powerful PC, try a Glide emulator and run it with Glide, it´s the best quality version of the game.
Tried the patch and it works but I'm not sure why, I kind'a prefer the DOS version...I think the Windows one smooths the game too much and the controls don't feel as tight...might be just me though so don't take my word for it...no errors though (the Graphics Configuration thing for DOS box doesn't work for me though, never even knew it was there to begin with so not sure if it's cuz of the patch or not).

My system:
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 (2.1GHz, 800MHz FSB)
RAM: 4GB DDR3
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 (512MB DDR3 dedicated memory + up to 2304MB with shared memory enabled)
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Service Pack 1
The patch is great but there are 2 problems with it.

1. in replaymode the game crashes if you rewind (not good but okay)
2. every race in the splatpack with the bugguti and the sled is unplayable because the game crashes - that has to be fixed
sicness666: 2. every race in the splatpack with the bugguti and the sled is unplayable because the game crashes - that has to be fixed
RiffRaff1138:
Click on the arrow next to RiffRaff1138.
I posted the full quote but this totally ruined the layout.
Post edited October 14, 2012 by Strijkbout
sicness666: every race in the splatpack with the bugguti and the sled is unplayable because the game crashes - that has to be fixed
Decoding, editing and re-encrypting the files worked perfectly for me, I was able to finish the game without any problems.

I don't know the success rate, but wouldn't it be better if GOG included the fixed files with the W95 patch? It might change properties from their intended values (though I did not notice) but without the fix the game is guaranteed to crash.
Post edited October 14, 2012 by sndwv