It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

×
So, that's an issue I already encountered a year ago when playing the Windows version of Carmageddon, now I'm also having the same issue with Carmageddon II. When I exit the games and return to the desktop mouse clicks aren't recognized anymore. I can still move the mouse cursor around and everything else seems to work fine but I always have to reboot if I wish to make the mouse buttons work again.

Anyone else run into this issue? Anybody have a solution to make the mouse work again without having to reboot?

Running it on Windows 7 64 bit btw..
Post edited December 17, 2013 by F4LL0UT
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I ran into a similar problem with playing Fallout 2 (and it wouldn't even run), the solution was to rename the executable, maybe this works here as well.
I also think it was not so much that the mouse didn't work but that is was some sort of compatibility layer that wouldn't go away and prevented doing anyting with the desktop.
avatar
Strijkbout: I also think it was not so much that the mouse didn't work but that is was some sort of compatibility layer that wouldn't go away and prevented doing anyting with the desktop.
Yeah, I'm presuming the same thing, that there's come process that intercepts the mouse input and doesn't disappear when it should. If so: I am unable to identify the process. Would just friggin' love if someone were able to tell me which one it is.

Edit: Correction - the right mouse button is recognized. It seems only the left button stops working, not sure about the mouse wheel.
Post edited December 17, 2013 by F4LL0UT
I know this is an old discussion, but I have encountered this problem with Carmageddon 2 as well and this is the only place I have found anyone discussing it. I was disabling potential culprits one by one and the problem went away when I killed Wacom graphics tablet services. I haven't updated my Wacom software for quite some time, so the bug may be fixed by now. Hopefully someone finds this helpful.
Post edited April 17, 2020 by ZSHorniKruty