It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

We have uploaded a patch for PC and a new Mac installer that will update your game to version 1.11. Please download either the patch or Mac installer at your earliest convenience in order to get the latest version of Broken Sword 5 :)

Changelog:

The update features a new, ‘Start from Episode 2’ button, as well as some crucial bug fixes. These include the glitch where George and Nico disappear; the crash that affected some players during the scene before the cable car; issues with graphics during the cable car scene, where the outro movie won’t play and the bells puzzle reset bug.

Thanks and have a nice day :)
Cheers!

I assume no negative impact on save games?
HypersomniacLive: Cheers!

Shouldn't be any but always back them up when updating :)
HypersomniacLive: Cheers!

Just to let you know I've tried loading old saves (and, trust me, I keep A LOT of them -- that's what you get for growing up playing point and click adventures, I guess!) and they don't seem to be affected in any way.

Back them up, just in case, but from my experience the update doesn't corrupt the old save files, nor does it make them crash or bug out.

Hope it helped! :-D

Happy gaming!

[EDIT] that typo that shall be forever immortalized on HypersomniacLive's reply.
Post edited May 14, 2014 by groze
groze: Justo to let you know I've tried loading old saves (and, trust me, I keep A LOT of them -- that's what you get for growing up playing point and click adventures, I guess!) and they don't seem to be affected in any way.

Back them up, just in case, but from my experience the update doesn't corrupt the old save files, nor does it make them crash or bug out.

Hope it helped! :-D

Happy gaming!
Much appreciated, cheers!
I'm getting the following when I try to install the patch:-

(from the Patch Log file)

===========

Broken Sword 5 - the Serpents Curse patch log
Update from version 2.0.0.2 to 2.0.1.3

Incorrect version of: C:\GOG Games\Broken Sword 5 - the Serpents Curse\BS5.exe
Incorrect version of: C:\GOG Games\Broken Sword 5 - the Serpents Curse\BS5_ff.exe
Incorrect version of: C:\GOG Games\Broken Sword 5 - the Serpents Curse\general.vt7a

===========

The version I have installed is V2.0.0.2, though.
There must be some bug/flaw in the GOG patcher. I have seen this "Incorrect version..." message with several games now. Strike Suit Zero is another one that sometimes displays this.
Same problem here.

Can we have a solution please?
If you're having issues with any of our patches, please write to Support so that we can help you :)
Hi,

I cannot find the patch, only the 6 parts of the
Windows installer are displayed. Do I have to
download all these parts again to get the patch ???

Thx!
baphomet5: Hi,

I cannot find the patch, only the 6 parts of the
Windows installer are displayed. Do I have to
download all these parts again to get the patch ???

Thx!
See this post, please:

http://www.gog.com/forum/broken_sword_series/bug_in_santa_cova_cave/post13
Bought Brokensword Part 1, GOG promised that the rest can be downloaded later, when Part 2 comes out! BS nothing works, downloader doesn't start. will throw the thing into trash, never buy here again. Nor reply from support.
MadChengi: Bought Brokensword Part 1, GOG promised that the rest can be downloaded later, when Part 2 comes out! BS nothing works, downloader doesn't start. will throw the thing into trash, never buy here again. Nor reply from support.
When did you contact Support? It can sometimes take them a day or two to get back to you depending on the time difference between them and you. The weekend can delay things sometimes, too. I haven't had many issues here thus far, but Support always gets back to me within a day or so.

As far as Part 2 is concerned, it has been incorporated into the main installer. As for the downloader, perhaps try turning it off for this one game and just downloading the installer straight from the site?

My apologies if these are all things you already knew and/or tried. I just wanted you to know that you are not being ignored. Good luck!
JudasIscariot: Hi all,
We have uploaded a patch for PC and a new Mac installer that will update your game to version 1.11. Please download either the patch or Mac installer at your earliest convenience in order to get the latest version of Broken Sword 5 :)
Hi. The Mac file named "broken_sword_5_1.0.0.6.dmg"... Is it for the 1.11 version?

Thanks
JudasIscariot: Hi all,
JethroPercento: Hi. The Mac file named "broken_sword_5_1.0.0.6.dmg"... Is it for the 1.11 version?

Thanks
Yes, it is :)