It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys,

We have uploaded all-new installers for Broken Sword 5 Episode 1. These installers will update your game to version 1.03. Unfortunately, there was quite a LARGE amount of changes and so we had to make new installers, we sincerely hope it's not too inconvenient for everyone.

Anyways, on to the good stuff: what's changed!

Changelog:

- Full HD / 1080p support
- Support for different aspect ratios (4:3, 16:10, etc)
- Russian localisation
- Several compatibility, crash and game progression bug fixes

(Just to give you guys a sense of scale as far as the changes go: the previous Mac version weighed in at 2.5 GB and now it weighs in at 4.5 GB ...)

Thanks and have a nice day :)
So do we just install this version over the last one?
Tellur: So do we just install this version over the last one?
Back up your saves first just in case :)
Again? I don't think I will do it. I downloaded it when it came out and then got stuck due to a glitch. I tried the update, but apparantly I had missed 1 update in between and no trace of the update in between that was found. So... I had to download everything again. Too bad since two days I have an unstable internet connection and now I have to download everything again. I might put it on hold and just finish the game without this update.
So all I do is essentially re-download the game?
DSDallago: So all I do is essentially re-download the game?
Yes, that's right.
Thank you, sir. Did that last night. Game looks great!
Sorry for my ignorance on this but its been a while since I played the game and can't remember it enough to tell the differences at face value.

Can I just ask if in the "More" page of the options tab it lists the game as Version 1.03 does that mean it is 100% up to date?

Also how exactly can we change between aspect ratios? all I see is Full Screen 1, 2, 3 and Windowed options and I can't actually tell the difference between the different full screen options.
Post edited February 16, 2014 by MrLongPants
MrLongPants: Sorry for my ignorance on this but its been a while since I played the game and can't remember it enough to tell the differences at face value.

Can I just ask if in the "More" page of the options tab it lists the game as Version 1.03 does that mean it is 100% up to date?

Also how exactly can we change between aspect ratios? all I see is Full Screen 1, 2, 3 and Windowed options and I can't actually tell the difference between the different full screen options.
Quote from a Revolution representative in another thread:

Hey guys

Basically the three Full Screen modes each try to achieve a full screen image in different ways:

The first one asks your computer for a resolution appropriate for the game - for instance, 1280x720. Now every driver handles that in different ways - some will give the game what it asked for, others will stretch, shrink, letterbox or otherwise work out how to display the game based on their own logic. This means depending on your set-up the game can look very different. (And one of the reasons we always recommend you update your drivers to the latest iteration.)

The other two scale the screen to match your current desktop resolution, one preserving the aspect ratio whilst the other simply stretches.

As for the high def assets, if the game detects you've got a resolution of 1920 x 1080 or higher it will use the shiny new graphics, otherwise it will use the normal set.

Hope that clears up some confusion.
Thanks so much for the info.

They really should have given a better description of the screen modes in the options menu. This minimalistic nonsense makes it seem like they actually want people to be confused.

Especially when like me all 3 options look exactly the same.
I have been trying to download the mac version since last night and it keep failing when I reach around 430 megs downloaded. I have now attempted the download on Safari, Chrome and Opera and no luck even this morning it keeps on stopping.

Any ideas?

Thanks
OK I finally downloaded the update, on my mac which video setting do I choose for 16:10 aspect ratio please. I find it incredible revolution still hasn't been more descriptive with this settings. Fullscreen 1 2 3 don't mean anything to anyone!!
JJ215: OK I finally downloaded the update, on my mac which video setting do I choose for 16:10 aspect ratio please. I find it incredible revolution still hasn't been more descriptive with this settings. Fullscreen 1 2 3 don't mean anything to anyone!!
If you'd have read my post above, I quoted an answer a Revolution spokesperson posted in here a while back, concerning the resolution designation confusion. I'll post it again, hoping it helps with your issue:

Hey guys

Basically the three Full Screen modes each try to achieve a full screen image in different ways:

The first one asks your computer for a resolution appropriate for the game - for instance, 1280x720. Now every driver handles that in different ways - some will give the game what it asked for, others will stretch, shrink, letterbox or otherwise work out how to display the game based on their own logic. This means depending on your set-up the game can look very different. (And one of the reasons we always recommend you update your drivers to the latest iteration.)

The other two scale the screen to match your current desktop resolution, one preserving the aspect ratio whilst the other simply stretches.

As for the high def assets, if the game detects you've got a resolution of 1920 x 1080 or higher it will use the shiny new graphics, otherwise it will use the normal set.

Post edited February 23, 2014 by groze
JJ215: OK I finally downloaded the update, on my mac which video setting do I choose for 16:10 aspect ratio please. I find it incredible revolution still hasn't been more descriptive with this settings. Fullscreen 1 2 3 don't mean anything to anyone!!
groze: If you'd have read my post above, I quoted an answer a Revolution spokesperson posted in here a while back, concerning the resolution designation confusion. I'll post it again, hoping it helps with your issue:

Hey guys

groze:
Hi,

I saw this post but it is still rather vague sorry. Does anyone know what each one specifically do as Fullscreen 1 and 2 look the same, they seem to stretch the image on my 1440x900 16:10 macbook air display. Fullscreen 3 seems to crop it, the character models are not stretched but the background is chopped.

Thanks
MrLongPants: Thanks so much for the info.

They really should have given a better description of the screen modes in the options menu. This minimalistic nonsense makes it seem like they actually want people to be confused.

Especially when like me all 3 options look exactly the same.
Well if you are a hardened gamer these things are expected and easily sorted