It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MrLongPants: Thanks so much for the info.

They really should have given a better description of the screen modes in the options menu. This minimalistic nonsense makes it seem like they actually want people to be confused.

Especially when like me all 3 options look exactly the same.
perron: Well if you are a hardened gamer these things are expected and easily sorted
What the hell are you even talking about? So people should know to expect indistinguishable video options?

Yeah they're easily sorted by visiting a forum and having somebody other then the devs give an actual explanation of what they do. However a "hardened gamer" knows that this is just poor design and that they should have given a less cryptic description then "Fullscreen 1, 2 & 3".
Just tried downloading this which I originally bought in December so was really excited to see it's finally available but it reaches about 690mb then keeps gonig back to around 681mb and eventually displays a chunksum error on chunk 70. I updated my GoG downloader and restricted concurrent downloads to 1 as in the instructions tried again and am now getting error on chunksum 54. I have sent this to support but being Easter don't know how quickly I'll get a response. Can anyone on here help me?
Try downloading without the GOG downloader. The installer will do a checksum on install regardless.
Tellur: Try downloading without the GOG downloader. The installer will do a checksum on install regardless.
I tried that but can't find where to put the files. I'm currently being helped by HyperinsomniacLive in http://www.gog.com/forum/general/introducing_the_beta_release_of_the_new_gogcom_downloader
I'm worse than useless when it comes to anything remotely techie!!!
I can't see the point in doing this update if part 2 is going to be released in the next couple of days. That is, if the publishers actually do release it allegedly by the end of April. Then it'll be yet another full download. It's been so long since I completed part 1 that I've lost all interest in this game. With each successive delay, and now this poor update attempt which basically is just downloading the whole part 1 again, albeit with fixes, all we are doing is wasting bandwidth.

I'd prefer a full refund due to the constant messing around and lies about when part 2 is going to be released, but I realise that's not going to happen. I certainly won't be buying a game promised in sections again.
Gazjon: I can't see the point in doing this update if part 2 is going to be released in the next couple of days. That is, if the publishers actually do release it allegedly by the end of April. Then it'll be yet another full download. It's been so long since I completed part 1 that I've lost all interest in this game. With each successive delay, and now this poor update attempt which basically is just downloading the whole part 1 again, albeit with fixes, all we are doing is wasting bandwidth.

I'd prefer a full refund due to the constant messing around and lies about when part 2 is going to be released, but I realise that's not going to happen. I certainly won't be buying a game promised in sections again.
The point of this "update" is because this is part two. Seriously, I think I'm quite a patient man, but I'm getting really annoyed by all the dumb people asking the same questions and complaining about the same things every single day!

THERE WILL NOT BE A FUTURE RELEASE OF EPISODE TWO, EPISODES ONE AND TWO ARE NOW MERGED INTO ONE SINGLE GAME. I hope you'll get it, now. Episode 2 was already released. If you manage to get some save files from the end of episode 1, you can continue from there to episode 2. If not, well, you'll have to play the game in its entirety, again.
groze: The point of this "update" is because this is part two. Seriously, I think I'm quite a patient man, but I'm getting really annoyed by all the dumb people asking the same questions and complaining about the same things every single day!

THERE WILL NOT BE A FUTURE RELEASE OF EPISODE TWO, EPISODES ONE AND TWO ARE NOW MERGED INTO ONE SINGLE GAME. I hope you'll get it, now. Episode 2 was already released. If you manage to get some save files from the end of episode 1, you can continue from there to episode 2. If not, well, you'll have to play the game in its entirety, again.
Before you start gobbing off about dumb people, I was NOT aware that this includes part 2. It doesn't state it clearly, in fact it doesn't state that at all on the download page. Even the first post on this topic states:-

"We have uploaded all-new installers for Broken Sword 5 Episode 1. These installers will update your game to version 1.03. Unfortunately, there was quite a LARGE amount of changes and so we had to make new installers, we sincerely hope it's not too inconvenient for everyone.
"

I've had NO mail from gog telling me that there was even an update, and logged in to see that one was listed with no further details.

Go and patronise elsewhere, and feel free to not reply to mails about the updates if you can't post a civil reply. Oh, and if you think you are quite a patient man, you need to work a bit further on that. It certainly doesn't come across in your message.
Post edited April 26, 2014 by Gazjon
Gazjon: Before you start gobbing off about dumb people, I was NOT aware that this includes part 2. It doesn't state it clearly, in fact it doesn't state that at all on the download page. Even the first post on this topic states:-

"We have uploaded all-new installers for Broken Sword 5 Episode 1. These installers will update your game to version 1.03. Unfortunately, there was quite a LARGE amount of changes and so we had to make new installers, we sincerely hope it's not too inconvenient for everyone.
"

I've had NO mail from gog telling me that there was even an update, and logged in to see that one was listed with no further details.

Go and patronise elsewhere, and feel free to not reply to mails about the updates if you can't post a civil reply. Oh, and if you think you are quite a patient man, you need to work a bit further on that. It certainly doesn't come across in your message.
This thread has no information on the two episodes being merged together because it's not the thread for that, it's just an older thread regarding an update episode 1 went through -- mostly to fix bugs and stability issues.

If you had browsed at least a bit, you'd noticed there's a thread with all that information, here:

http://www.gog.com/forum/broken_sword_series/broken_sword_5_season_pass_important_update/post1

And, yes, I may have come across as impatient, but that is because every. single. say. people come in here with questions that are already answered, bitching and moaning because they can't play the game, when all they needed was a bit of browsing. Patience wears off, too.