It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey there,

when trying to run Botanicula under Ubuntu 20.04 I got this message:
> Error loading the runtime (libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

But the lib `libgtk2.0-0` is already installed (that should feature the `libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0`)

During installation I got the warning:
(process:7824): Gtk-WARNING **: 13:58:48.919: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.

Any ideas what is going wrong and how to solve this?

Thanks very much in advance.
Cheers, ursula
frau_ursula: Hey there,

when trying to run Botanicula under Ubuntu 20.04 I got this message:
> Error loading the runtime (libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
The game comes as a 32-bit executable and it needs the 32-bit version of that library. I bet your whole system and, consequently, the library you installed are 64-bit.

Verify that your system is 64-bit by issuing the following command:
dpkg --print-architecture
The output should be: amd64.

Now check that your system also supports 32-bit architecture:
dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
The output should be: i386.

Finally, install the required library:
sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386
If necessary, you can use the last command again to install additional 32-bit libraries required by the game.

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386
If necessary, you can use the last command again to install additional 32-bit libraries required by the game.
This above solution works but now I see:

Error loading the runtime (libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
Post edited November 22, 2022 by Przemek2019

Przemek2019: This above solution works but now I see:

Error loading the runtime (libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
Przemek2019:
Try installing the required library:

sudo apt-get install libnss3:i386