It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Seriously?
Just give us the damn FLACs or at least the OPTION
Even ALAC or AAC would be better than MP3

lol
The higher tier physical releases should ship with a soundtrack CD. If I can't get the CD quality soundtrack from my digital backer special edition game, I'll just look for it elsewhere.
In current year when people listen to spotify's sub 200kb/s quality is not that surprising ;)
idk what spotify streams at or in what format, but AAC-HE for instance is loads more better sounding than MP3 at low bitrate so that kind of makes sense.

But yeah, I guess I'll just look for an actual CD then, if they wanna be dumb about it and try to sell me MP3s
Post edited June 18, 2019 by chen182
chen182: Just give us the damn FLACs or at least the OPTION
I agree.

It would have been much nicer to include both a MP3 and FLAC version of the soundtrack.

Is it possible that the MP3 version is of the same quality as the ingame soundtrack files themselves?

If so that would explain why a higher quality format was not made available, as there is none.

I'm hoping that is not the case and perhaps we can get a higher quality version in the near future.
100% behind this. An MP3 download was simply insulting.
I agree with everything said here. For the price of the DLC, it should have at least FLAC and MP3 together in the package. A soundtrack composed by the wonderful - Michiru Yamane - deserved a little more love!

Come on Iga!!
.Mp3s give he retro feel of the late 90's when SoTN was hot. Dig out your Diamond Rio500 and load them up, yo.
Post edited June 19, 2019 by GRANITsalvo
chen182: Seriously?

lol
Because most people aren't audiophiles and can't hear the difference, myself included. Not to mention that whatever difference people could hear with their cheap phone headbuds wouldn't worth the extra storage on their phone.
chen182: Seriously?

lol
the_importer: Because most people aren't audiophiles and can't hear the difference, myself included. Not to mention that whatever difference people could hear with their cheap phone headbuds wouldn't worth the extra storage on their phone.
That's...... the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'm not an audiophile and I've always been able to tell the difference but more to the point. There is no reason they can't offer FLAC for those who want it, why should only people who get CDs get lossless quality of original recordings?

Also as pointed out AAC and ALAC sound far better than MP3 at comparable bitrates
the_importer: Because most people aren't audiophiles and can't hear the difference, myself included. Not to mention that whatever difference people could hear with their cheap phone headbuds wouldn't worth the extra storage on their phone.
chen182: That's...... the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'm not an audiophile and I've always been able to tell the difference but more to the point. There is no reason they can't offer FLAC for those who want it, why should only people who get CDs get lossless quality of original recordings?

Also as pointed out AAC and ALAC sound far better than MP3 at comparable bitrates
That only dumb thing is that you don't know that fact. It's been tested already many times, most people can't hear the difference unless you're using a very low birate on an MP3 Vs everything else. Whether or not you consider yourself an audiophile is irrelevent, you're stll above the majority.
Damnit! You 're right... For real? Is it MP3 ONLY??? This is an insult to gog as well, since all soundtrack extras i happen to own, have both FLAC and MP3 choice.

God, this sucks hard! Especially for Michiru's work. And all this effort of theirs to make soundtrack Orchestrated... Japanese, you no respect music?
hahahahhaha is this a joke

280kbps ??

are they trying to encourage pirating of the actual OST CD or something ?

https://i.imgur.com/WgP93nk.png
Attachments:
Post edited June 20, 2019 by chen182
chen182: hahahahhaha is this a joke

280kbps ??

are they trying to encourage pirating of the actual OST CD or something ?

https://i.imgur.com/WgP93nk.png
This is really SHOCKING!! What a blatant disrespect to the hard work of talented Michiru ... This is lamentable!!
MegisED: The higher tier physical releases should ship with a soundtrack CD. If I can't get the CD quality soundtrack from my digital backer special edition game, I'll just look for it elsewhere.
Honestly a physical CD is so 1990s they might as well release it on tape.