It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

if you want to see this game in Steam Greenlight, you can contact one of developers via MercurySteam Entertainment's e mail adress and twitter account. i sent a e mail about that but nobody cares me. i hope someone else may luckier than me;)

info@mercurysteam.com
Post edited November 20, 2015 by Medsarpent
Any news on this coming back?
MercurySteam has nothing to do with BoD. The company was founded by former members of Rebel Act Studios which was created in 1996 by the Spanish game distribution company, Friendware, which no longer exists. So all their IP's were probably sold to somebody else. Best would be to directly ask people who worked in Rebel Act in lead positions whether they know who owns or used to own the rights to the game.
aristides86: MercurySteam has nothing to do with BoD. The company was founded by former members of Rebel Act Studios which was created in 1996 by the Spanish game distribution company, Friendware, which no longer exists. So all their IP's were probably sold to somebody else. Best would be to directly ask people who worked in Rebel Act in lead positions whether they know who owns or used to own the rights to the game.
thanks for the info.
I have actually a glimmer of hope that the ones who bought the rights, whomever they are, are busy making making a HD remake or maybe even a sequel.
I mean what other reason could there have been to buy the rights, but then why remove it from sale then? :^|
Strijkbout: I have actually a glimmer of hope that the ones who bought the rights, whomever they are, are busy making making a HD remake or maybe even a sequel.
I mean what other reason could there have been to buy the rights, but then why remove it from sale then? :^|
Good point. The corporate fascists would never let a dollar making opportunity get through their greedy fingers. I can almost see it now: BOD by EA (insert similar developer of your choice here) for digital download. The endless DLCs for content that should already be in the game will also be cheap.
Well, it would be fair to begin speculating about the fate of BoD with the recent news about Codemasters. They officially announced that they would switch their focus exclusively to racing games. Obviously because their racing franchises are the most successful ones. So it would be a logical step for them to sell full rights to somebody else. But since they told GOG that they "no longer hold the distribution rights" it doesn't necessarily means that they don't hold the intellectual property right. They might've transferred only the distribution rights to somebody who has better understanding of the market and has better means of distribution for this particular genre of games.

If that's the case it won't take long until BoD reappears here again. Or it could be a different scenario. Maybe Codemasters only had distribution rights but the IP belongs to somebody else.

xtharpe: The corporate fascists would never let a dollar making opportunity get through their greedy fingers. I can almost see it now: BOD by EA
Mega-corps like EA or Sony, or etc., will never be interested in such projects like BoD. Because BoD is part of a history, it wasn't successful back then, today nobody knows about it and it doesn't have any interesting lore or a universe associated with it. There isn't much story here, it's about a hero who goes on a quest. There are knights and gnomes and orcs and some beasts that you can find in any other fantasy game. It's the mechanic that makes the game interesting, but you can copy the mechanic easily. Simply put - there's nothing to buy here. I'm sure even GoG doesn't make much money from the sales of BoD but we love this game nonetheless.
Post edited December 09, 2015 by aristides86
aristides86: Mega-corps like EA or Sony, or etc., will never be interested in such projects like BoD. Because BoD is part of a history, it wasn't successful back then, today nobody knows about it and it doesn't have any interesting lore or a universe associated with it.
Let's hope that's true! There's always a chance one of the smaller companies buys the rights and does something interesting with it.

I'm confident it will show up here again sooner or later. There's no telling how long it might take, though.
I felt an urge to play this game again and went to GOG because I knew it was there.

It was not.

Who's got the rights? Can we find them and yell at them until this game is up again?
sqwerp: I felt an urge to play this game again and went to GOG because I knew it was there.

It was not.

Who's got the rights? Can we find them and yell at them until this game is up again?
Well, i guess the rights returned to the owner.But that begs the question,who the hell is the owner?
The good thing is that the publishing rights for Codemasters have expired so GOG can ink a deal with the owner if he shows interest. I dont think that anyone of the big publishers will even remotely spend millions of dollars on publishing this rare jewel of a game.It is damn good, but not popular enough.*Sorry for the language xD.I get emotional lol.
Guess the GOG community wishlist is the only option. Hope this not so short answer helped :D.Cheers
I want this game, Who holds rights of the game? I want this game with archievements. AMAZING
Yeah, the game's return to GOG would be more than welcome.
I just watched an 1-hour of gameplay and it reminded me so much why this game was so ahead of its time.
The camera and movement were indeed weird. But man...that combat. so intense. You fear for your character as you were there to fight all by yourself. I want to leave steam and all this drm-crap behind and searched for this game here on GOG... and what do i found? Another game that was deleted, before i could get it here... Last time it was Descent.

really looking forward to Overload.

Well if someone could sort this out, i think i have my disc somewhere but i guess it won´t run that well on modern machines anymore. And to be honest. I rather support the guys and girls at GOG here!

Please bring this one back! It really is a gem of a game. The grandfather of the later Demon Souls Genre!
Post edited June 12, 2016 by nukem999
nukem999: Please bring this one back! It really is a gem of a game. The grandfather of the later Demon Souls Genre!
And the grandfather of real time shadows, real time lighting effects and a couple of other graphical techniques, that at its time, they were an INVENTION!
of course! How could i forget to mention those awesome effects!

It was and is an incredible game. Also the soundtrack was a blast and for the first time i liked the german voice better than the english ones :D