It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just spent the past hour trying to fix an issue I was having where the game would crash as soon as the game launched. It would go to a black screen and then just dump me back to the desktop. Well after searching the steam forums I found an answer that worked for me, there's a couple things that can be causing this:

1. The cut-scenes settings need to be changed either from YUV to RGB or vice versa. This can be found in the game folder, using the Config.exe

or

2. Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is causing agds.exe to crash. In which case you need to add the program to an exception list. Which can be found under Control Panel > System > Advanced Settings > Performance Settings > Data Execution Prevention

if you're still having problems after that, then send in a ticket to support. But this seems to be the most common problem.

Thought I would make a thread about it just in case someone was having issues with the game too!
Post edited November 01, 2017 by drifterofhell
I don't recommend following the steps above, esp. not number 2.This worked for me after having contacted the GOG support team and experimented myself a little bit:
1) (Re) install DX 10 : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
2) If you have multiple monitors: Hit Windows+P and choose "PC screen only" or "Secondary only" (or probably third only), depending on you monitor setup and config.
That should solve the issue without having to temper with security settings such as 2)
andyorange:
Thank you:)
drifterofhell: 1. The cut-scenes settings need to be changed either from YUV to RGB or vice versa. This can be found in the game folder, using the Config.exe
This worked for me.

I just installed the German installer on a PC, which didn't start, until I changed this setting in the config.exe.

What was interesting, is that the English Black Mirror installer worked right away without adjustment.

In any case thanks, finding this solved my problem. :)
same problem, same solution (config.exe settings to RGB), tyvm!
andyorange: 2) If you have multiple monitors: Hit Windows+P and choose "PC screen only" or "Secondary only" (or probably third only), depending on you monitor setup and config.
That should solve the issue without having to temper with security settings such as 2)
This fixed it for me, thanks. Weird that the game can't launch with multiple monitors.
Thanks, helping here to, on a surface go 1st generation and also on a mutli monitor desktop. Seven then try first the YUV to RGB solution.