It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello developers. After the 1.0.1.3 update my saves are not recognized and none of them are showing up. I will dig around and see if I can find them. Is it possible they are in a folder for the previous build? I have seen this a few times. I will check in the games root folder and app data.

Hopefully this can be fixed.

Also please note that I have been playing the game with out Galaxy running but used Galaxy to update the game.

Addendum: I searched Appdata and various other locations where save files are kept and cant find them. There is a brotherhood folder in Appdata but it only has an entry for Cayne.

I reverted back to the 1.0.1.2 build and the saves are still gone. It seems the update to 1.0.1.3 removed them completely! Is there any other location where they might be?

This is very unfortunate. I was quite far into the game.
Post edited February 29, 2020 by greyhat
This question / problem has been solved by THEBROTHERHOODimage
greyhat: Hello developers. After the 1.0.1.3 update my saves are not recognized and none of them are showing up. I will dig around and see if I can find them. Is it possible they are in a folder for the previous build? I have seen this a few times. I will check in the games root folder and app data.

Also please note that I have been playing the game with out Galaxy running but used Galaxy to update the game.
Hi GreyHat.

That is a bit odd because our saves are universal, they will work across platform (steam/gog) as well as OS (when we do Linux/OSX).

The saves should be here:
Open Windows Explorer and type %userprofile%\appdata\local\ into the address bar.
Then Click on THE BROTHERHOOD and finally BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION
You should see the .bro files there.

I think Galaxy also backs them up to the cloud, but I don't think it would delete them.

Can you check that folder for me?
greyhat: Hello developers. After the 1.0.1.3 update my saves are not recognized and none of them are showing up. I will dig around and see if I can find them. Is it possible they are in a folder for the previous build? I have seen this a few times. I will check in the games root folder and app data.

THEBROTHERHOOD: Hi GreyHat.

That is a bit odd because our saves are universal, they will work across platform (steam/gog) as well as OS (when we do Linux/OSX).

The saves should be here:
Open Windows Explorer and type %userprofile%\appdata\local\ into the address bar.
Then Click on THE BROTHERHOOD and finally BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION
You should see the .bro files there.

I think Galaxy also backs them up to the cloud, but I don't think it would delete them.

Can you check that folder for me?
Hi, I checked in appdata local and found the folder. There are no save files just a config.ini.

I attached an image. Also, there is a another appdata entry in locallow for the brother hood with cayne there. Which was the one I initially found. The Cayne one is empty as I uninstalled the game.

Also, I noticed when I started Beautiful Desolation up after the update my language settings had been reset.

There were no updates synced to Galaxy as I had not played the game through the Galaxy application. I just fired up Galaxy today to update the game. I went to play just moments before I posted this and found out my saves were gone.
Attachments:
cayne.jpg (19 Kb)
Looks like there is not much that can be done. I will just start over. :)

Thanks for the response Brotherhood Brothers. Love the game.
greyhat: Looks like there is not much that can be done. I will just start over. :)

Sorry about that. Perhaps the GOG offline installer removes everything that was installed before including the data folders before installing the new version?
greyhat: Looks like there is not much that can be done. I will just start over. :)

THEBROTHERHOOD: Sorry about that. Perhaps the GOG offline installer removes everything that was installed before including the data folders before installing the new version?
I don't think that was it. More likely it was Galaxy that was the culprit. I used the offline installer to install 1.0.1.2 but used Galaxy to install 1.0.1.3. I have never had it wipe all my saves and settings before but this time it seems it did. I should just stick to one or the other but got in the habit of downloading the offline installers for the initial install.

Oh well, that is the way it goes.

Do you have a list of console commands so i can brute force the game to get me back to where I was. Including specific choices made with Pooch and bro? It is probably pretty complicated to do this for all of them. It would be about 6 to 8 hours of progression hacks. :D

Probably easier just to replay the game.
THEBROTHERHOOD: Sorry about that. Perhaps the GOG offline installer removes everything that was installed before including the data folders before installing the new version?
greyhat: I don't think that was it. More likely it was Galaxy that was the culprit. I used the offline installer to install 1.0.1.2 but used Galaxy to install 1.0.1.3. I have never had it wipe all my saves and settings before but this time it seems it did. I should just stick to one or the other but got in the habit of downloading the offline installers for the initial install.

Do you have a list of console commands so i can brute force the game to get me back to where I was. Including specific choices made with Pooch and bro? It is probably pretty complicated to do this for all of them. It would be about 6 to 8 hours of progression hacks. :D

Ok super. It's probably better to speed run up to where you were. There are so many variables that monitor choice etc to alter the ending that it would not be possible to recreate it. On STASIS we had a few saves that we could hand out but due to the non linear gameplay of DESOLATION it won't be possible.
greyhat: I don't think that was it. More likely it was Galaxy that was the culprit. I used the offline installer to install 1.0.1.2 but used Galaxy to install 1.0.1.3. I have never had it wipe all my saves and settings before but this time it seems it did. I should just stick to one or the other but got in the habit of downloading the offline installers for the initial install.

THEBROTHERHOOD: Ok super. It's probably better to speed run up to where you were. There are so many variables that monitor choice etc to alter the ending that it would not be possible to recreate it. On STASIS we had a few saves that we could hand out but due to the non linear gameplay of DESOLATION it won't be possible.
I am pretty much were I left off now. Actually a bit further. I went to the Bulwark this time.