It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there anyone has a solution for wide screen resolution?

I have a 1080p monitor, i wish to play this on proper resolution if possible. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
According to search results, in the game directory there does an INI file exist, where you can enter different screen resolutions manually. Unfortunately only 4:3 resolutions seem to work (eg. 1600x1200), but no widescreen resolutions.
SoulCircuit: Is there anyone has a solution for wide screen resolution?

I have a 1080p monitor, i wish to play this on proper resolution if possible. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but in your main Battle Realms directory you should find a file called Battle_Realms_F.exe, I found that this makes the game run in correct fullscreen mode, even on my ASUS 24" Widescreen monitor.
I dont think its a proper 1920x1080 resolution but it looks just fine too me.

So might like to create a shortcut to this .exe and run the game using this,
I have the original game and since years could not enjoy it anymore because Im using a 1920x1080 16:9 widescreen resolution. And I tried ALOT.

GoG got my hopes up to finally support widescreen but it still doesnt?

I would instantly buy it again from GoG just for widescreen support ... :(
yer same, i was so happy to see this game that i had forgotten about from years and years ago but a decent resolution is needed if possible... 1024x768 on a 46'' and with battle realms camera view is not really playable :)
Rhineland: According to search results, in the game directory there does an INI file exist, where you can enter different screen resolutions manually. Unfortunately only 4:3 resolutions seem to work (eg. 1600x1200), but no widescreen resolutions.
Did the trick for me, 1280x1024 is good enough.

Now I just need a fix for the weird shadows.
Attachments:
I believe those shadows are a result of either AA or AF. If you have an nvidia card go to your nvidia control panel, manage 3d settings, program settings, select BR and turn AA and AF off or leave them up to the program (don't enhance or override). Do the same with other settings just in case. I have no such problems on a GTX 580.
I have tried all of the solution but the screen is still black at the sides, I have HP laptop with Windows 7, I have faced the same problem with my other laptop but my brother fixed it...He's away now and I cannot do it for the new one...
Please help
guys if you are using nvidia GFX card go to NVIDIA control panel go to Display>adjust desktop size and position and change your scaling mode to full-screen, worked for me and i have 1920x1080(1080) screen...

i can't attach screen of the game itself but i attached screen of my pannel to show that i am truly using 1920x1080 resolution and that i changed it to fullscreen, you'll just have to try it for yourself to see if it will work for you cause it worked for me.
Attachments:
my_nvdia.png (133 Kb)
Any news on this? Those black lines on the edges are really annoying.

Unfortunatelly tikyorules's suggestions doesn't work for me, since custom resolution ain't supported by switchable laptop graphics:/

If not for fullscreen widescreen resolution, is there a way for at least windowed mode?

Enjoy,
Fleshcrawl
Fleshcrawl: Any news on this? Those black lines on the edges are really annoying.

Unfortunatelly tikyorules's suggestions doesn't work for me, since custom resolution ain't supported by switchable laptop graphics:/

If not for fullscreen widescreen resolution, is there a way for at least windowed mode?

Enjoy,
Fleshcrawl
Nope.

You can either have stretched graphics or black lines, no other options which is sad. Ruins the whole game for me.
Fuck this mess, I can't 'properly' play the game. Those black lines on the edgesssssssssssss!!!
I've made a patch to allow the game to use custom resolutions, including widescreen resolutions. It mostly works fine (the main menu layout is a bit messed up) and it doesn't incorrectly stretch anything, i.e. the aspect ratio of everything is intact. The downside is that at wider resolutions, the vertical field of view is decreased; in other words, the wider the resolution, the less of the game area you can see, and since the default zoom distance is already abysmally small...

Linky:

http://www.moddb.com/games/battle-realms/downloads/battle-realms-custom-resolution-patch

I've attached shots of 4:3 and 16:9 for comparison purposes.
Attachments:
4-3.jpg (403 Kb)
Post edited June 12, 2015 by fk.
fk.: it doesn't incorrectly stretch anything, i.e. the aspect ratio of everything is intact.
no offense, but this is a preference.
if you look at the HUD, would you really say that that's not stretched? (or maybe i should say squashed.)
i prefer 4:3 over a messed up HUD and a smaller field of view..

i understand everyone when they say they have a problem with the 4:3 aspect ratio and the zoomed in view, but you will get used to both if you'd just play two missions like that..

i was shocked when i booted up this game because, like you all, i'm 'spoiled' by nowadays features.
but, in this case, i would recommend everyone to give it a proper try (as in suck it up for an hour or so).
despite the age (and therefore missing features), it is still among the best RTS games ever.

edit: woops, i didn't mean to talk your mod down. i think it's awesome that you've made an alternative. my only point was that a funny HUD is just as annoying to me as a stretched view. but what i really wanted to say is that i think people shouldn't dismiss this game so easily, just because of the zoom and aspect ratio. i am telling you; you will get used to it. and once you're starting to get used to it, you will have an awesome fucking time with this game.
Post edited June 11, 2015 by Bucake
fk.: I've made a patch to allow the game to use custom resolutions, including widescreen resolutions. It mostly works fine (the main menu layout is a bit messed up) and it doesn't incorrectly stretch anything, i.e. the aspect ratio of everything is intact. The downside is that at wider resolutions, the vertical field of view is decreased; in other words, the wider the resolution, the less of the game area you can see, and since the default zoom distance is already abysmally small...

The file's stuck in ModDB authorisation at the moment, so you can't get it yet. Linky for later:

http://www.moddb.com/games/battle-realms/downloads/battle-realms-custom-resolution-patch

I've attached shots of 4:3 and 16:9 for comparison purposes.
Could you just upload it to a normal hosting service?