It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
pseudonymous: Pretty certain Heidi Shannon is dead.
Symfaer: That would explain this part of my "complaint". Are you sure though? I googled her & couldn't find a confirmation. Might be out of voice acting business, however, with a similar result for BG:EE.
She was over 50 in '98... if she's not dead she's long since retired on an island somewhere, sexually harassing the pool boys.
low rated
I'm glad I got the classic editions off GOG before the vultures swept in and managed to REMOVE THE OPTION, "because they wanted to give players the option"... are they daft or do they just think we're daft? Or both?
Obviously they had to do it because there is no reason to buy their editions of these games.

This developer is unbelievably cancerous. But cancer is exactly what you should expect from a company with a SJW agenda.
Have you seen NWN:EE? That's the definition of effortless!
Post edited December 22, 2018 by OneStonedBastard
low rated
Chirping in just to say that I'm also one of the lucky owners of the classic Infinity Engine games here on GOG. I am so happy with my purchases that I was inviting a friend to register so that he could also buy them... only to find out that he can't anymore, with the sole exception of Icewind Dale II.

He is NOT interested in the Enhanced Editions. He just wants the classic games as they were left by BioWare/Black Isle/Interplay. Why do you have to force him and other new potential buyers to get the EEs when all they want is the classics? It is truly beyond me.

Now I know I will stay away from anything that has the Beamdog logo on it.
low rated
man, this enhanced edition thing was a mistake. sigh
low rated
Man, no wonder why! I felt so confused when looking for Baldur's Gate Original and swore they were here a year or two ago. And I remember BioWare made but suddenly this company is the owner of the old Dungeons and Dragons games?
Thanks to this forum and your comments, I couldn't believe it. It's REQUIRED for me to buy the Enhanced Editions in order to play the original games?! Which are miles better than what people have said that their 'Politically Correct' version a load of rubbish.

BeamDog was most likely looking at sales of the original version and their 'Politically Correct' and sales favoured the original games and they got jealous and decided to merge them together in order for their version to have meaningful sales.
Which is wrong, but at least people aren't falling their crap and they are only doing one bad thing after another. The only way they can get any shred of decency again is to allow the original versions to be sold SEPARATELY. And put their fingers out and create quality games.

But since this post, that hasn't happened and will never happen. I hope they crumble.
low rated
God forbid Beamdog making Baldur's Gate 3.

And someone should tell Beamdog to keep political agendas out of video games in general.
low rated
So, anywhere one can purchase BG1 & BG2 + original expansions at a fair price without having to deal with physical media and the subsequent delivery costs, or paying for and being withing ten foot pole range of the ludicrously ridiculous "Enhanced" Editions?
low rated
Jethro127: So, anywhere one can purchase BG1 & BG2 + original expansions at a fair price without having to deal with physical media and the subsequent delivery costs, or paying for and being withing ten foot pole range of the ludicrously ridiculous "Enhanced" Editions?
Amazon or eBay, but be prepared to pay way over-bloated prices. Beamdog made sure you can't buy the originals without purchasing theirs. Same with Icewind Dale.
low rated
Jethro127: So, anywhere one can purchase BG1 & BG2 + original expansions at a fair price without having to deal with physical media and the subsequent delivery costs, or paying for and being within ten-foot pole range of the ludicrously ridiculous "Enhanced" Editions?
Looking at my games, I am very fortunate to have purchased the original Baldur's Gate II years ago before it combined with their Politically Correct version. But as the previous username said, if you're lucky to find copies of it without paying so much money. Or you can find other ways.
Again, as the user stated. They really have ensured you purchased their version at least.
low rated
sounds like pushing to me.
reminds me of the edit they plan on doing to further ruin the Original Star Wars Trilogy and put Mary Sue 's uggly Rey head in there too
or NU doctor who bundled with classic

RESPECT the original fans!
and the original game makers!

oh and just a side note. I already have the original Baldur's Gate series as well as Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment and NWN Diamand(first editoni) :p
Post edited May 09, 2019 by neosapian
low rated
makaikishi: God forbid Beamdog making Baldur's Gate 3.

And someone should tell Beamdog to keep political agendas out of video games in general.
low rated
Great news. The Divinity developer is doing Baldur's Gate 3.

Glad to see Beamdog didn't get their greedy hands on it.
low rated
Stig79: Great news. The Divinity developer is doing Baldur's Gate 3.

Amen to that... I expect BG3 to be aprox 75gb+ in size with Larian Studios at the helm....
low rated
Stig79: Great news. The Divinity developer is doing Baldur's Gate 3.

pen311: Amen to that... I expect BG3 to be aprox 75gb+ in size with Larian Studios at the helm....
Probably right. But at least it won't be 75giga of fan-fiction.
low rated
I purchased both original and then EE editions of both bg1 and bg2.
i must say having played them thru i found no hint of any hidden sjw agenda.
the only annoying thing was i didnt receive a big enough discount for buying EE of both despite prior ownership of originals.

i very much enjoyed the new resolutions and interface although the cut-scenes are a bit stinky compared to the older versions and if u compared the two directly u would have to say that the originals, over the new, were vastly more effective in setting the tone of the games.

as for beamdog in general as far as i can see this company has done nothing wrong by its marketing, they now own the product and can sell it any way they wish. that is free market capitalism and if people didnt want to buy the EE on top of originals well damn them for having no imagination and free spirit, again the company has done nothing wrong by re-pricing and re-bundleing its products that by the way it owns.

the arguement that they are in any way insulting the consumer is spurious,, saying that......

the EE version of nwn1, i have problems with this since the only additions i can see are some extra dungeon designing tools etc, so i can hardly see why this would be a valid purchase for me considering i already own the diamond edition, i suppose the added bonus of online servers for the game helps, but really if i was that addicted still to D+D id be playing tabletop not making do with a computer game.

i have not bought any other beamdog games but i would be happy to see that company touch up a few more old classics, ie arcanum osamo, or maybe total anhiliation kingdoms. the ammount of content for ta kingdoms is phenomenal and i would love to see it all squeezed in with a careful hand lent to making the single player story mode a little less buggy.

As for BG3 well unless its backwards compatable with characters from bg2 i shall not be buying until it is reduced in price from original release.

all said and done a big thumbs up for beamdog we need more devs taking great old games seriously, even if the result is not what u expected then hey new game,final point the scripting for baldurs gate one was always pretty much fan fiction if uve ever played tabletop then its potentialy paradise city compared to a group of sweaty people chain smoking and drinking beer. for example anything minsc says could have been written by a 12 year old and the only good thing about him was the hamster boo who squeaked. and as for noober, enough said.