It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This week the new Version of Ubuntu got released. I had no problems (well... except the bugs...) playing BG:EE on 14.10, but on 15.04 it does not even start. If I try starting it via the command line I get this:

blaubergmuffin@ubuntu1504:~/Games/Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition$ sh start.sh
start.sh: 6: start.sh: declare: not found
start.sh: 7: start.sh: declare: not found
start.sh: 8: start.sh: declare: not found
start.sh: 9: start.sh: declare: not found
start.sh: 12: start.sh: Bad substitution
start.sh: 12: start.sh: declare: not found
start.sh: 18: start.sh: source: not found
start.sh: 41: start.sh: define_option: not found
start.sh: 44: start.sh: standard_options: not found

I know... GOG only supports the current LTS. But maybe somebody knows how to get around this problem.
19Uhr30: But maybe somebody knows how to get around this problem.
./start.sh

It's a BASH script by the way, not DASH or even Bourne shell.
Not sure if I can help (Slackware running here), but look in /home/your_username/.local/share/applications if there is a Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition folder. If not, maybe its a problem with file system rights? Try to run it as root... I know, not a good idea, but this may narrow down the problem.
19Uhr30: But maybe somebody knows how to get around this problem.
Gydion: ./start.sh
Looks better, but still does not work:

blaubergmuffin@ubuntu1504:~/Games/Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition$ ./start.sh
Running Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition
support/gog_com.shlib: Zeile 211: ./BaldursGate: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
blaubergmuffin@ubuntu1504:~/Games/Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition$

"Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden" is German for "file or folder not found".
mmeyer: Not sure if I can help (Slackware running here), but look in /home/your_username/.local/share/applications if there is a Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition folder. If not, maybe its a problem with file system rights? Try to run it as root... I know, not a good idea, but this may narrow down the problem.
There is no such folder in /home/your_username/.local/share/applications. There is one in /home/your_username/.local/share/ though. That's where the savegames are stored. Running the script as root results in the same error message.
Ah, yes, you are right. "Applications" was my fault. So, file-wise it looks ok... Out of ideas, then. Strange, though, everything runs fine on different distros and the new Ubuntu is the only one with problems. I wonder if its only with your installation or a general thing. Guess we have to wait for other users with this distro to come up with some response.
Well... At least I am pretty sure by now that is has nothing to do with 15.04 in particular. It does not work with 14.04 either. It only works with 14.10, which is the version of Ubuntu I used when I first downloaded and extracted the tar.gz file from GOG. All three versions of Ubuntu use the same /home partition. So... I don't know...
support/gog_com.shlib: Zeile 211: ./BaldursGate: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

This is really suspicious. Makes me think that the Ubuntu-distros that doesnt work are missing something. But what it is only the GOG ppl may know. Its maybe a good idea to contact their tec support at this point.
The libc6-i386 package was not installed. Works fine now...
Congratulations for figuring out! Enjoy the game!