It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I tried every single solution i found on the www... but it simply won't start.

Funny thing is, i played it 2 years ago and it was fine.

I am running Win 10 64bit version with latest drivers and updates.

Steps i tried:

* hit repair button for the game
* reinstalled the game
* uninstalled nahimic software
* deactivated all ingame overlay stuff
* activated DirectPlay
* downloaded and installed latest .NET Framework
* uninstalled all currently installed, then downloaded and installed the visual c++ needed both (x86 and x64)
* downloaded .dll packages and copied them to system32 and SysWOW64 folder
* installed oalinst in the SysWOW64 folder + in the game folder
* downloaded OpenAL32.dll and copied it to system32, SysWOW64 and in the game folder
* disabled fullscreen optimization and run as admin, also tried to set compability mode to xp sp2

Also i performed all steps which the customer support wrote me.

It wont start wether i try to run it via gog galaxy or by clicking on the .exe in the game folder.

At the end i found myself buying win xp, creating a virtual box with win xp 32 and installed the 32bit version there... also there i get an crash at start.

Anyone has another idea how i could get it working?

I just bought Baldurs Gate 2 EE and Icewind Dale and they doesnt start either.
Post edited March 02, 2023 by Saefti
Saefti: ...
I had this problem as well. Downloading the suggested dll also did not work for me. I noticed that the one I downloaded was not the same size as another game (that was working) was using. So I copied it over and it fixed the problem.

This was over a year ago so I don't recall what game I copied from. I also don't recall all that I may have copied over. I do have a vague recollection that it was more than just openal32.
Thanks for the hint.

I now reinstalled my Windows 10 and even upgraded to Windows 11 but the game doesnt start on this also.

I now reached out to the beamdog support and sent them the .dmp file.

When / If I get a answer or find a solution I'll post here again.
Attachments:
This is so weird. It used to work fine for me. A couple of years ago on win10.
Now I had to do a windows reset after I changed graphics card from AMD to Nvidia.
Keeps on crashing on a new windows install. So annoying.
Tried the classic bg but then the resolution is messed up, huge black screen around the tiny game.

Looks like Beamdog support didn't help?
unketknyte: This is so weird. It used to work fine for me. A couple of years ago on win10.
Now I had to do a windows reset after I changed graphics card from AMD to Nvidia.
Keeps on crashing on a new windows install. So annoying.
Tried the classic bg but then the resolution is messed up, huge black screen around the tiny game.

Looks like Beamdog support didn't help?
Is there such a thing as Beamdog support?