So i mean to say, i dont have Baldurs Gate: The Original Saga, but just Baldurs Gate and its expansion.
Is there anyway i can get the same setup as explained in the opening post but without The Original Saga? And could anyone explain me how, please?
So you have Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal on disk & you want to mod it?
Install Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. NOT in the default directory C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Black Isle\BG2-SoA\
C:\Games\BG2 is as good as any.
Then install Shadows of Amn patch version 23037
Then install Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal.
Then install BG2 Throne of Bhaal patch version 26498 (DO NOT USE 26499)
Then run the game & make sure it runs properly before you mod it.
In BGConfig, turn the 3 hardware sliders up to full.
Then install the Fixpack (unless you want TobEx, in which case that goes first)
Install Widescreen Mod LAST (unless you want a GUI mod that needs the widescreen mod installed before it.)
The above 3 mods can be run from where ever you download them to, & just tell them to install to C:\Games\BG2 (or where ever you installed the game)
Some other mods will need to be extracted to your game directory & their setup files run from there.
When you have picked which mods you want, if your unsure of how or where (install order) to install them, then post again.
First off, thanks for your reply.
But it is not exactly what i meant, i meant that i want to play BG + Expansion and BG2 + Throne of Bhaal as one big continuous game.
This topic explains how in the following steps, i copied it from the opening post of this topic.
** Part 1
You probably know that you can play the original Baldur's Gate content using the much improved Baldur's Gate 2 engine. The first part of this guide is to help you combine the two into essentially one huge game. If you are only playing Baldur's Gate 2 please proceed to the second part of this guide.
1. Fully install Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga
2. Fully install Baldur's Gate II Complete. If you're installing from CD, make sure you update it to version 26498.
3. Download Baldur's Gate II Fixpack (Download links are on the left side) and extract it to your Baldur's Gate II directory.
4. Run the newly extracted (if not automatically started).
5. It is safe to select yes for all the optional fixes, but if you want to learn about each in detail, consult the readme file that comes with the fixpack.
6. Download BGT-WeiDU and extract it in your Baldur's Gate II directory.
7. Run the newly extracted and follow the instructions. You may need to run it in administrative mode in Windows Vista/7.
8. Enter Baldur's Gate I's directory when asked (if not already provided)
9. Wait for BGT-WeiDU to finish installing.
10. OPTIONAL: Download and install Baldur's Gate 1 Unfinished Business as well as BG 2 Unfinished Business. These mods restore things that were previously cut from the released product, so while you don't need them, and they do add new content, they're pretty nice to have, especially if this is not your first time.
11. Download the widescreen mod and apply it in the same manner as the fixpack. This makes it possible to play the game in high resolutions and in widescreen format.
12. OPTIONAL: Download and install any user-created material (banter packs, expansion mods, new NPCs, etc.)
13. Go to your Baldur's Gate II directory, then find and run the file and select 'Hybrid Baldur’s Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal music'. This makes it possible to hear the original Baldur's Gate music when playing Baldur's Gate I.
14. OPTIONAL: (for more experienced users) Download Baldur's Gate II Tweak Pack and apply it in the same way as the fixpack. Consult the readme file for details of each tweak - too many to list here. If you don't know what a tweak does even after consulting the readme, just skip it.
15. Remove the Baldur's Gate I installation if you wish - it's done its job!
Now you should be able to play the game all the way from Baldur's Gate I to the end of Throne of Bhaal in one continuous game! Enjoy! **
But as point 1 of the above states, i need Baldurs Gate: The Original Saga, i dont have that and i cannot find the game anywhere to buy (i cannot buy it from the internet because of payment problems) so as i cannot complete step 1 in the process the whole thing fails already, right?
Or is there a way to get this kind of setup (Baldur's Gate I to the end of Throne of Bhaal in one continuous game) without Baldurs Gate: The Original Saga.
I do have the following games on disk, so is it possible to get that setup (stated above, the list from 1 to 15) with these games:
Baldurs Gate I
Baldurs Gate I - Tales of the Sword Coast
Baldurs Gate II - Shadows of Amn
Baldurs Gate II Throne of Bhaal
Sorry for the long post. Thanks in Advance!