It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A follow-up to my previous post:

BGT's quest tracking system is great! It splits the journal into 4 separate sections:
- active quests
- finished quests
- non-quest journal entries
- user notes

BGT still feels enough like the real BG1. The main differences are BG2 ones: combat proficiencies are way more specific, dual wielding is allowed, ammo stacks to 40 (instead of 20), graphics look smoother due to the use of alpha blending instead of dithering, UI looks different, combat now pauses in inventory mode (I think), and you can highlight interactive objects by holding the Tab key.

Steam Overlay works if you run the game in OpenGL mode, although it leaves a flickering mess when you close it - at least until you do something that forces the screen to redraw. Also, it was necessary to disable triple buffering to prevent general flickering issues.

I recommend a low resolution for the widescreen mod, as 1280x800 is almost too small on my laptop's 17" 1920x1200 screen. Keep in mind that BG1 has some pixel-hunting, so it's not always worth the tradeoff to see more of the world at once.
I can't seem to run the game in Full Screen mode, it just crashes. The game also doesn't seem to recognise that I've already filled in the settings every time it starts..

I used the bug patches, bgt, unfinished business 1+2, some tweaks, and the wide screen mod. I assume the wide screen mod to be the issue somehow.
okiraan: Oh, thanks. Also, is there a mod to resize the font?
anamorphic: I have not tested it but you can try this bigger font mod. (There is an alternate version further down the page)
I can't get this to work. It installs normally, but has no effect in game. I'm using widescreen mod, which has wayyy too small fonts for my eyes. O_O

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Hey there!

I'm curious if there's an easy way for me to "save" the settings of the BG2 Fixpack and the BG2 Tweakpack for when i reinstall the game in the future and want to have the same setup that i have now? Is there some sort of "export options" function or do i have to manually write down the changes i've made with these two packs?
BGT-Weidu 1.15 broken?
Grombart: Is there some sort of "export options" function or do i have to manually write down the changes i've made with these two packs?
I'm not aware of any export, but the WeiDU.LOG file in the game folder keeps a record of everything installed and what version. You could make a copy of it for safe keeping.
anamorphic: I'm not aware of any export, but the WeiDU.LOG file in the game folder keeps a record of everything installed and what version. You could make a copy of it for safe keeping.
Thanks, i'll look out for the log file! :)
I dont know if this has been answerf or not but is there anyu problem in installing the game in G:\Games instead of c:\Games?
JorgeVinagre: is there anyu problem in installing the game in G:\Games instead of c:\Games?
Nope. I keep all my games (GOG and otherwise) installed on G:\.
Just to a little thing (hopefully) to ask some of you experienced modders... I tried this version of joining BG1 & 2 together last night: http://www.destructoid.com/the-weekend-modder-s-guide-baldur-s-gate-1-2-222096.phtml.

Interestingly they ask you to install BG1 Unfinished Business before applying BG Trilogy, and also put the BG2 fixpack on after Trilogy (against most other advice I've seen on the topic). After doing all the steps there I started a game and it was completely insane. Many characters had empty text boxes, and the ones I could get to speak came out with complete gibberish that must have been culled from other sections of the game.

I'll try this thread's version of it tonight, but there's no mention here about the BG1 fixpack or 'English language game text update' that Destructoid speak of. Am I missing anything by not applying these? Also, if I was to add the BG1 NPC Project and Banter Pack (points 7 & 8 on the Destructoid version) to this thread's version at what stage should I do this?

Thanks everyone!

edit: Sorted it, the BG2 text update was screwing it up so I just left that out.
Post edited October 23, 2012 by platypusfool
Hello guys,

I am new to the GOG community and I have not played BGII in a hot minute. Any good fan made expansions that sync well with the game. Not looking for cheats necessarily but any type of mods that expand on the items, spells, monsters, etc.
AssKetchup: Hello guys,

I am new to the GOG community and I have not played BGII in a hot minute. Any good fan made expansions that sync well with the game. Not looking for cheats necessarily but any type of mods that expand on the items, spells, monsters, etc.
Hi AssKetchup (what a nick, hehe),

here you go

http://blog.fileplanet.com/2011/06/20/monday-mod-baldurs-gate-big-world-project/

You can choose which mods you want and which you don't want to play, there is a "recommended" way for your installation, so you can be sure, that you will not have any crashes because a mod is incompatible with another. This is the best mod pack for the BG Tale.

If you like the game, you should purchase the D and D Mastercollection(Gamersgate).

You get a lot for your money (in my Case 20 Euro)

Please reply, if this was helpful or not.

Best regards locusmaximus
Post edited November 14, 2012 by locusmaximus
Please disregard this post, I solved the problem I was having.
Post edited December 11, 2012 by pi4t
So I have a few questions here about this process, nothing major.

1: Since I can uninstall BG1 when I finish these steps how do I start a BG1 character? Just run BG2 and look for the option?
2: Can I be a wild mage from the very start?
3: Will my pc carry over completly from BG1 to BG2?
4: What optional mods are you talking about when you say new npcs / banter packs ect?

Those are my only questions really. Hopefully you all can answer em :-)
Just a heads up, the BG2 fixpack link no longer works, may want to edit the post.

Edit: or the widescreen link plus tweakpack. anything on that host site is no longer up.
Post edited December 20, 2012 by Daveodeth