It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Natrezim: I do all steps corectly ... and when I start a new game -> make a character and then click on accept only black screen appear and no loading. anyone can help me?
And why the game wants a CD from me?? I installed it from GoG and it wants a CD. (I have one that I can run the game but... )

THe game always fall down ... :/ please help me I kill all day with doing this .. :(
Did you have a previous install from the CD still on the computer? That might be what's causing the request for a CD.

Black screens sound like a graphics problem. Did you install the Widescreen mod? It helps with graphics issues that modern monitors/graphics cards could have with BG2.
His problem was, he installed a patch from a CD version over the GOG version that comes already patched.
He's got it sorted now.
Spellhold studios forums are down. Anyone have a link for BGT-WeiDU and the font mod? cheers.
Post edited January 20, 2012 by Fritz-Gerlich
Although I'm not sure about the compatibility with the gog-version but i can only recommend to use the Big World setup and to take: standart/recommended or tactic if you call yourself a pro :) BG was never this awesome. you can find them at http://www.shsforums.net
Hi there,

I've installed BGT, and after a few minutes I become unable to interact with any items, enter any buildings or change areas.

Hoping for some help. Thanks.
Should I install BG1 Unfinished Business in BG1 folder or BG2 folder?
Any help is appreciated thanks.... :)
MagusPage: Should I install BG1 Unfinished Business in BG1 folder or BG2 folder?
Any help is appreciated thanks.... :)
If you have Baldurs Gate Trilogy, then BG2.
If you have Tutu or Easy Tutu, then BaldursGateTutu.
Hi,

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me with this modding. I have followed the instructions from the first post and installed everything indicated except the advanced tweak pack.

How am I supposed to proceed from here? I still have BGI and BG2 game shortcuts on my desktop. Am I supposed to have some new icon for the trilogy somewhere or do I just open BG1 and as I progress it will just lead to BG2, etc? All I did was create a directory of C:\games and then installed the mod packs to either C:\games Baldur's Gate I and C:\games Baldur's Gate II.

I'm just trying to figure out if I have installed everything correctly. After each mod pack I installed, windows told me that it may not have installed correctly, but it seemed to download everything to their respective directories. Sorry to be long-winded, but and insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much for any help.
mprat13: Hi,

All I did was create a directory of C:\games and then installed the mod packs to either C:\games Baldur's Gate I and C:\games Baldur's Gate II.
If your using BGT you should install the fixpack in BG2 & then BGT in BG2.
Then all your mods go in BG2.
Because your BG1 game now is in with BG2 & uses the BG2 game engine, all the mods for BG1 have to be mods written for BGT or Tutu.

Start the game with your BG2 shortcut, but first run BGConfig from your BG2 directory & slide all 3 hardware sliders to full.
Post edited February 06, 2012 by olnorton
When I try to install Tweaks (as admin on win 7), the console windows opens quickly, displays some text, and then closes without any installation prompts. The debug file shows the following:

WeiDU v 22400 Log

C:\Games\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\setup-bg2_tweaks.exe
version = 23100
Newest WeiDU is version 23100, updating!
WeiDU files in version order:
[SETUP-UB.exe] version 23100
[Setup-GUI.exe] version 23100
[setup-bgtmusic.exe] version 23100
[setup-bgt.exe] version 23100
[setup-bg1ub.exe] version 23100
[setup-bg2_tweaks.exe] version 22400
[SETUP-UB.exe] loaded, 695296 bytes
Copying [SETUP-UB.exe] -> [setup-bg2_tweaks.exe]: false

Can anyone land a hand getting this figured out?

I receive the same error on step 11 installing the widescreen mod and on step 14 when installing the tweaks.

Thanks!
Have you tried disabling your antivirus program?
olnorton: Have you tried disabling your antivirus program?
Yes. It has not solved it.
Ok, so I'm computer semi-illiterate, trying to do this mod thing. First, do I run or save the fixpack? And if save, where to? The BG2 folder?
sheepjuggler: Ok, so I'm computer semi-illiterate, trying to do this mod thing. First, do I run or save the fixpack? And if save, where to? The BG2 folder?
You mean when you're downloading it? Probably should save it somewhere first (like on your desktop). Then run it to install it to your BG2 folder.
Okay, here's what's going on now... I uninstalled & reinstalled BG 2, but using the GOG downloader auto-installs it in the GOG folder, and if I use the browser install I get files I can't open. I'm so unhappy/bummed/frustrated... :(