It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

i've install all three of it but it won't open as shown on the attachment. It got something to do with wineskin but I want to know which version is compatible. help
Attachments:
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
So why didn't you install the Mac versions?
Darvond: So why didn't you install the Mac versions?
I did. Blades of Avernum, Avernum 4, 5 & 6 works fine. Except the other three.
Ref_Rave: I did. Blades of Avernum, Avernum 4, 5 & 6 works fine. Except the other three.
But if you downloaded the Mac versions, it should have nothing to do with Wineskin, since wine is for Windows programs?
Ref_Rave: I did. Blades of Avernum, Avernum 4, 5 & 6 works fine. Except the other three.
Darvond: But if you downloaded the Mac versions, it should have nothing to do with Wineskin, since wine is for Windows programs?
They are wineskinned windows versions because the original MacOS versions of Avernum 1, 2 and 3 do not work on MacOS 10.7 (Lion) or newer. As such the GOG versions should work on newer MacOS versions as long as wineskin used is up to date (new MacOS versions tend to break compatibility so Wineskin needs to be updated when that happens). Plenty games that used to have Mac/Linux native ports before are wine/wineskinned windows version on GOG. They simply can't be made to work otherwise.

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/misc/compatibilityguide.html

Macintosh Compatibility
Exile 1-3, Blades of Exile, Nethergate (original) - These games will not run on Intel-based Macintoshes. They should function on earlier versions, though you may need to install Classic mode.

Avernum 1-3 - These games will only run on versions of the Macintosh OS prior to 10.7 (Lion). We are currently working on rewrites of these games that will run on the newer versions of the Macintosh operating system. However, the necessary revisions are extensive, and the process will take some time.

There is one workaround while the new versions are being developed. One user has altered the Windows versions of the early Avernum games so that they will work on newer versions of Mac OS X. You can download them here. Please note that Spiderweb Software has not tested these alternate versions.

In addition, if you purchase the Avernum Saga series from gog.com, it comes with versions of Avernum 1-3 that run on OS X 10.7 or later. These are the Windows versions and run under emulation.

If you are using Macintosh OS X 10.6, you will need to have Rosetta installed to run the Avernum 1-3 games. You can learn how to install it here.

Geneforge 1-5, Avernum 4-6, Blades of Avernum, Nethergate: Resurrection - These games are compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 or later. They will sometimes run on OS X 10.3.9.
@Ref_Rave: I recommend you contact GOG support about your issue.
Post edited December 20, 2018 by Petrell
Petrell: They are wineskinned windows versions because the original MacOS versions of Avernum 1, 2 and 3 do not work on MacOS 10.7 (Lion) or newer. As such the GOG versions should work on newer MacOS versions. Plenty games that used to have Mac/Linux native ports before are wine/wineskinned windows version on GOG. They simply can't be made to work otherwise.

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/misc/compatibilityguide.html @Ref_Rave: I recommend you contact GOG support about your issue.
Gaming on a Mac just seems like a pain.
Darvond: Gaming on a Mac just seems like a pain.
Apple just does not care about maintaining MacOS backward compatibility (currently they are in process of completely phasing out 32-bit application support) so more and more games will have to use wineskined windows versions to work on newer versions of MacOS because the native ports stop working.