It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey guys!

Finally, it’s time for the big Update! We did a lot of work this time, and positive improvements have touched upon a lot of the game aspects. Playing ATOM is now genuinely more comfortable. The inventory management is easier, the interface in general is more intuitive, the follower mechanics have more options, the re-balancing of weapons made combat more dynamic and interesting, especially during the new random encounters.
And of course we added a lot of new NPCs, quests and maps for you to test all of the new features.

Here is a compact list of changes:

- Quality of life improvements - your recommendations were heard and implemented in the new inventory and follower systems;
- Improved English translation thanks to you, our players, and a wonderful writer Scott Hamm who worked on such titles as “Age of Decadence” and “Battle Brothers”;
- Better balance and weapon stats;
- Changes into the ability tree;
- New weapons;
- New AI features;
- New follower settings including friendly fire settings;
- New graphic effects;
- New graphic elements (icons, portraits, items, in-game art);
- New sounds for items and weapons;
- New animations, including a special martial arts move you may learn;
- New item with the ability to reset your stats and skills;
- Dozens of new characters with unique dialogues, portraits and quests;
- A quest line that can be tackled by joining any one of the two new factions;
- New maps;
- New random encounters;
- Improved game stability;
- Option to change the item highlight color;
- New achievements;
- Tons of bug fixes;

We really hope you enjoy playing this new version, and we’ll be eagerly awaiting your feedback.
Thank you… And let there be ATOM!
Post edited March 21, 2019 by SoMuchATOM
Thank you Atomites
Excellent!

Almost great timing too, as I have almost finished (or at least gotten bored with) all the new/other stuff I got recently and was looking for something else - looks like it's time to head into the "post nuclear apocalyptic indie RPG game sort of like Fallout but still different and with a distinctly Russian flavour where everyone thinks communism was a good idea for some reason".

The fact that you're adding new maps and encounters for free still is impressive. I haven't been this impressed with post-launch support since Age of Decadence (I believe they kept adding new content for at least year or so?).

And most importantly, you're not forgetting about us GOGgers either.
squid830: Excellent!

Almost great timing too, as I have almost finished (or at least gotten bored with) all the new/other stuff I got recently and was looking for something else - looks like it's time to head into the "post nuclear apocalyptic indie RPG game sort of like Fallout but still different and with a distinctly Russian flavour where everyone thinks communism was a good idea for some reason".

The fact that you're adding new maps and encounters for free still is impressive. I haven't been this impressed with post-launch support since Age of Decadence (I believe they kept adding new content for at least year or so?).

Thank you! :) We'll never forget GOG. It was my favorite platform long before I could even imagine I'd be a developer. So, keeping fellow gog users up to date is a priority. We'll add waaay more free stuff until we finally pop out a non-free DLC sometime around Autumn. Next free update will have tons of stuff - dungeons, quests, puzzles, you name it! :)
squid830: Excellent!

SoMuchATOM: Thank you! :) We'll never forget GOG. It was my favorite platform long before I could even imagine I'd be a developer. So, keeping fellow gog users up to date is a priority. We'll add waaay more free stuff until we finally pop out a non-free DLC sometime around Autumn. Next free update will have tons of stuff - dungeons, quests, puzzles, you name it! :)
That's awesome, seriously! Good to know that in this day and age of certain other companies that try to screw people over, there are still developers/companies out there that aren't in it just to milk the consumer.

Any hints on what the paid DLC will contain, or is it far too early for those kinds of questions?

(I'll most likely buy it on day one no matter what, based entirely on the setting, overall quality of the product, plus post-release support - I'm just nosy... ;)).

Edit: Kind of a bit bummed out that GOG still hasn't decided to update the stand-alone installers. Goddammit I'm just going to grab it via Galaxy (and I bet that as soon as its finished, the stand-alone update will finally show up...).
Post edited March 21, 2019 by squid830
Love the promises 1.08 offers. I'm having consistent problems with inventory with the 1.08 update. Playing on a mac. Can't pick up items. Pick them up but they don't register as in my inventory. So on. Did a reinstall. Repaired the install. Restarted my mac. Nothing fixes the problem.
So of course we now get the stand-alone 1.08 after I've already grabbed it via Galaxy...

BTW can we expect a delta patch from 1.073, or won't there be a stand-alone delta patch? Not that it will matter to me that much since I'm already downloading the 1.08 full install anyway - but I'm sure others would appreciate not having to do that...
Nice update guys! Makes my adventures across the Motherland more enjoyable. Keep up the good work.
SoMuchATOM: We'll never forget GOG. It was my favorite platform long before I could even imagine I'd be a developer. So, keeping fellow gog users up to date is a priority. We'll add waaay more free stuff until we finally pop out a non-free DLC sometime around Autumn. Next free update will have tons of stuff - dungeons, quests, puzzles, you name it! :)
Thank you again for your dedication towards DRM-free movement!
The non-free Autumn DLC seems interesting. :)
pappy1975: Love the promises 1.08 offers. I'm having consistent problems with inventory with the 1.08 update. Playing on a mac. Can't pick up items. Pick them up but they don't register as in my inventory. So on. Did a reinstall. Repaired the install. Restarted my mac. Nothing fixes the problem.
Confirming that inventory doesn't work on 1.08 for the Mac.
Just wanted to say, loving the first new area I found. It's good not to have to pay that asshole guard to get into Krasno, and that bartender cracked me up.

I love his comments, especially that one about the knife-wielding gang, that complained about the unfairness of the gun-armed gang... ;)

He's anything but subtle, but at least this way players will know what to expect in the future...
Hello everyone !

When I started playing the game I was kinda disappointed. In fact I actually uninstalled the game because for me, was very hard to fight with the bad guys. But that was only in the beginning !

Right now I can say one thing. This game is by far a Triple A game and one of the best, if not the best I ever played !!!

I don't know what to say more, it's truly a classic isometric RPG game and from my point of view I can say now that is better than Fallout 1 or 2 and even Wasteland 2.

Bravos !