It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Love the promises 1.08 offers. I'm having consistent problems with inventory with the 1.08 update. Playing on a mac. Can't pick up items. Pick them up but they don't register as in my inventory. So on. Pick up an item, then open my inventory, and see it in a side column as on the ground. Did a reinstall. Repaired the install. Restarted my mac. Nothing fixes the problem.

UPDATE 1: By experimenting I discovered that if I "pick up" an item it will say I pick it up, but I don't. When I open inventory, it's visible as on the ground. I took the canteen in the opening scene and transitioned it from the ground directly to my slot-1 and it successfully came into my inventory as in that slot for use. However, it still will not transition into my inventory in general. Going to try to pick up something else by putting it in the slot-1 and see if that will transition the canteen into my general inventory.

UPDATE 2: Tried the experiment. Replacing the item in a use slot will add the new item into the slot and transition the old item to the ground. I cannot find a way to figure out how to get any item at all into my general inventory. When I dialogue with an NPC who wants to give me something (the order form for the LotR book, for instance) it breaks the dialogue so that it won't move forward.

Help please! I'm effectively unable to play the game now with the 1.08 version. FWIW the cheats were also working for me with the previous version, and don't seem to be working in 1.08. I've reverted to the previous version until this bug is fixed.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by pappy1975
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Inventory problem here too. The barter button is red whenever I talk to Fidel, meaning I can't swap stuff around with him. Anyone have this problem at all?

EDIT: Ah ok...you drag and drop items onto their tab in the main inventory window. Panic over :)

EDIT #2: An issue with swapping items between characters. Using the drag and drop method it seems you can only transfer all of the items or none of them; not just some of them. If, for instance, I want to give Fidel 5 cabbages from the 20 I have I can only transfer all 20 to him. The only workaround is for me to drop 15 cabbages on the ground, transfer the other 5 to Fidel then pick up the 15 I dropped. It was sooo much easier when the green barter button worked!

EDIT #3: Update 1.081 Marvellous! Thank you :) x
Post edited March 25, 2019 by geckosoup
I am also experiencing this issue exactly as described, preventing any gameplay. Macbook Pro 2017, Mojave.
pappy1975: Love the promises 1.08 offers. I'm having consistent problems with inventory with the 1.08 update. Playing on a mac. Can't pick up items. Pick them up but they don't register as in my inventory. So on. Pick up an item, then open my inventory, and see it in a side column as on the ground. Did a reinstall. Repaired the install. Restarted my mac. Nothing fixes the problem.

UPDATE 1: By experimenting I discovered that if I "pick up" an item it will say I pick it up, but I don't. When I open inventory, it's visible as on the ground. I took the canteen in the opening scene and transitioned it from the ground directly to my slot-1 and it successfully came into my inventory as in that slot for use. However, it still will not transition into my inventory in general. Going to try to pick up something else by putting it in the slot-1 and see if that will transition the canteen into my general inventory.

UPDATE 2: Tried the experiment. Replacing the item in a use slot will add the new item into the slot and transition the old item to the ground. I cannot find a way to figure out how to get any item at all into my general inventory. When I dialogue with an NPC who wants to give me something (the order form for the LotR book, for instance) it breaks the dialogue so that it won't move forward.

Help please! I'm effectively unable to play the game now with the 1.08 version. FWIW the cheats were also working for me with the previous version, and don't seem to be working in 1.08. I've reverted to the previous version until this bug is fixed.
Halle.301: I am also experiencing this issue exactly as described, preventing any gameplay. Macbook Pro 2017, Mojave.
pappy1975: Love the promises 1.08 offers. I'm having consistent problems with inventory with the 1.08 update. Playing on a mac. Can't pick up items. Pick them up but they don't register as in my inventory. So on. Pick up an item, then open my inventory, and see it in a side column as on the ground. Did a reinstall. Repaired the install. Restarted my mac. Nothing fixes the problem.

Halle.301:
Can you try again? We no longer get this bug.