It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
EDIT :

Extended's Cut TEST VERSION is released :D

https://www.gog.com/forum/atlantis_series/official_topic_atlantis_the_lost_tales_extendedcut_edition_all_windows_10_bugs_fix_released

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi every Atlantis's fans !
We are proud to annonce the incoming release of Atlantis The Lost Tales EXTENDED'S CUT EDITION !

Watch the video here :

youtube.com/watch?v=PiK8xU0qYZ0

This new version will be as a form of a patch/update for the GOG Release.
You NEED to buy/own a copy of Atlantis from GOG Marketplace in order to use the Extended's Cut Edition.

This new version, fix every bugs you can encounter on the GOG Release :

- Fix game too slow or too fast => now gameplay is smooth at 30fps (normal speed)
- Fix every hangs/freeze of the game => now everybody should enjoy the game without any problem
- Fix slow mini games => now mini games runs as normal !
- Fix every characters models => now no graphical bugs/glitches !
- Fix Boar (Ring/Blood) bug => now both can be taken at the same time !
- Fix every CD Swap errors => now no more return to windows when you go to the hangar

BUT also the Extended's Cut add lot of new content on the game :

- 30 new dialogues made by Cryo Interactive (included in the files but never used in the game before)
- 3 new cinematics (included in the files but never used in the game before)
- Muria's Music now used in Muria Area ! (Was made by Pierre Estève but never used by Cryo)
- VISIT MODE : Watch all cinematics of the game (LIKE PS1/SATURN versions !), listen to all musics of the game,
visit hidden area (Creon's secret room, stone cercle, flyer of the beginning of the game...) and of course free visit of all area of the game (all are linked,
like Versailles, Egypt and others games from Cryo).

Here is a small list of new features and changes on the game (not everything is listed).

1) Dialogues with Agatha simplified (3 icons for 1 dialogue => just click for the dialogue)
2) Some adjustments on 2 additionals paths
3) Correction with the earring bug (when we get the earring to Creon and they are still on Seth hands when talking to Agatha)
4) Adding Servage dialogues (You?! - You!) If we go in front of him before the tavern entrance
5) Timeout on the balcony before throwing the flower pot on the head of Servage (20 seconds) => Servage will see you and kill Seth
6) Waiting time for the tavern outside escape, if you takes more than 20 seconds to join Agathe, Lascoyt will catches and kills Seth
7) Garcelos kills Seth if we turn back after entering the window with the ladder
8) Rat Hunter Dialogue added when we open his door ('Come on ! the door is open')
9) Added additionals dialogues on the 1st mini game of the Rat Hunter ('You have awakened another ogre', 'Poor Queen, do you want to do another game?')
10) Creon and Gimbas subtitles dialogues display bug fixed (some texts overlapped)
11) New path in the library (Only if you choose "I already played Atlantis a lot")
12) Footsteps noises of guards after being very far removed (Cryo has forget to remove them)
13) 2 dialogues added for the woman who welcomes us in the kitchen
14) Dialogue of Seth when he wear the pretress costume added.
15) 3 dialogues for the guards of Carbonek added ('Your beer is good', 'Do not stay here', 'I warned you')
16) Paths outside Carbonek with the queen a lot difficult until return to Hector (Only if you choose "I already played Atlantis a lot")
17) 2 cutscenes where Meljanz kills Seth before entering into the throne room added
18) Gameover number 3 added
19) Cinematic where Lascoyle opens the door in the tavern and find Seth added
20) Dialogue 'Hello Seth' says by Meljanz added
21) Dialogue with Anna just before going to the hangar added (now automatic, before manual)
22) Dialogues of the Guards in the Hangar added
23) Error of mixed dialogues of guards in the hangar fixed (Cryo had mixed and forget dialogues between left and right guards, it's fixed!)
24) Timeoout dialog on the flyer with Anna in the bag added (you must be placed on the head of the flyer)
25) Anna's character model now visible in the chief's igloo (Cryo has forget to show her)
26) Area in the cave of Splizberg where two guards wait in front of the door added (was never possible to see it)
27) Dialogue 'Thank you, my children, for your offer. I take her with me in the clouds! in front of the kneeling enemies added
28) Dialogue 'I think I can do without this mask now' after finding with Anna the next destination
29) Way to detach Anna lot easier (Now no need to be precise to detach!)
30) Anna and Seth subtitles dialogues display bug fixed (some texts overlapped)
31) Witch's dialogue after Anna's death added (use the vision stone)
32) Witch's dialogue after the statue was erected (use the vision stone)
33) Hona Ly and Seth subtitles dialogues (about the history of hona's people) display bug fixed (some texts overlapped)
34) Total recreation of the way of dialogue with Hector about Rhea (now no repetition, lot better to undestand)
35) A slight change when talking to Hector to erect the statue.
36) Music at the Muria's Beach added (was never included in the final release)
37) Witch's dialogue when arriving on the beach of Muria added (use the vision stone)
38) Self-suppression of dialogues already spoken with the weaver added
39) Dialogue of the weaver before giving the stone to vision added
40) Weaver's dialogue ('like new') after the marmitte added
41) Dialogues with Hector in Muria added
42) Dialogue with the rat hunter for the whale's eye added

Release date: March 2019

The code is finished at 100%.
We are in beta testing stage now.

Anyone who want to help us to test the new version, can join us in the beta test program.

Best Regards !
Attachments:
Post edited December 31, 2018 by tgamesfr
Very good news, thank you!

I completed the game back in the day with no severe bug I can remember of, but I played it on a relatively old machine with Windows XP.
Thanks for your message dr.schliemann.

Yes the goal here is to fix all issues with Windows 10 and the release of GOG of the game.

And also as Bonus to add all availables "BETA" features present in the files of the game but never used.

You can also try this new version on Windows 10, if you want to be in the Beta Test program :)

Best Regards !
Post edited December 30, 2018 by tgamesfr
[i]Some people ask me to show a gameplay of this new version without a background music on it.
No problem i just made a full gameplay of this new version.
I have also listed EVERY modifications made on the game !
[/i]

youtube.com/watch?v=-CjYrnIOhAo

List of changes from GOG Version to Extended's Cut with TimeCodes :

(Major Fixes/Adds)
Everything in the video : Smooth Gameplay (characters, moves, minigames...) at 30 fps (normal speed)
Not in the video : New chapters ! (Chapter 1 can now be loaded (the beginning of the game), Chapter "Seth creates a diversion", Chapter "Anna in the bag", Chapters for Visit Mode...)
2:55 : Flyerpilot head 3D model fixed (bug only on GOG version and CD Versions V2.0)
4:12 : Guard head 3D model fixed (bug only on GOG version and CD Versions V2.0)
12:25 : Mixed voices between two guards fixed (Cryo had merged the voices, the issue was present in all versions)
12:56: Creon head 3D model fixed (bug only on GOG version and CD Versions V2.0)
21:43: Servage dialogue "You?!" added (Cryo didn't use this dialogue, wad not used in all versions)
22:04: Servage dialogue "You!" added (he is behind you) (same was not used in all versions)
Not in the video : Servage timeout if you stay too long on the balcony (same was not used in all versions)
22:41: Way better angles for detecting the throw of the flower pot on Servage Head ! (was bad in all versions)
25:02: Timeout: Lascoyt kill Seth if you don't join Agatha (same was not used in all versions)
27:51: Garcelos kill Seth if you turn back after entering in the palace from the window (same was not used used in all versions)
30:20 : New dialogues with the Rat Hunter if we lose (1/2 times) (same was not used in all versions)
39:58 : The famous CD Swap glitch fixed !!! (was bugged on V1.0, V2.0 CD, DVD and GOG releases)
44:01 : New dialogues with the priestess (one was used as a timeout dialogue, now all automatics)
44:25 : New dialogue when you take the priestesses clothes (was never used in all versions)
45:41 : New dialogues with the guard (Who's that for, sister?...That's fine ale!) (never used in all versions)
45:59 : New dialogue with the guard (Oh no you don't! Nobody leaves especially no priestesses!"
46:40 : New dialogue with the guard (I'm not here to answer your questions") (never used in all versions)
48:38 : New dialogue of Seth (No, i need to put him where a passing soldier won't see him) (never used in all versions)
49:02 : Queen head 3D model fixed (bug only on GOG version and CD Versions V2.0)
56:14 : New dialogue of Guards (This way...Come on! He can't get away!) (never used in all versions)
1:01:57 : Way better angles for detecting the arrow launched to the boar (was a pain to kill him before in all versions)
1:02:03 : Boar (Ring & Blood) bug fixed !! (it was impossible to get the 2 at the same time before) (only was possible on V1.0 CD) (bugged in GOG and V2.0 CD Releases)
1:07:50 : New dialogue of the priestess "We should hurry. I'll follow you!" (never used in all versions)
1:13:48 : New cutscene of Meljanz throw a knife in the Guards Room #1 (never used in all versions)
1:14:28 : New cutscene of Meljanz throw a knife in the Guards Room #2 (never used in all versions)
1:32:15 : New cutscene of Lascoyt opening a door in the tavern and find Seth (never used in all versions)
1:33:29 : New dialogue of Servage (They don't know who you really are, Seth...) (never used in all versions)
1:33:39 : New dialogue of Meljanz (Hello, Seth) (never used in all versions)
1:38:03 : New automatic dialogue between Seth and Anna in front of the door (was hidden as a dialogue to trigger by talking to Anna in front of the door)
1:38:35 : Mixed voices between 4 guards in the hangar fixed (Cryo had merged the voices, the issue was present in all versions)
1:40:15 : New dialogue of the guards (said by 2 voices) (Haven't you heard? Only officers talk to a guard on duty!) (never used in all versions)
1:40:58 : New dialogue of Seth if he doesn't take the bag with Anna in.
1:42:18 : New timeout GameOver dialogue with the flyerpilot (I can explain everything !) (never used in all versions)
1:45:19 : Now Anna 2D Model is now shown in the igloo ! (Cryo forget to display it ! in all versions)
1:47:22 : New dialogues of Seth when i try to escape from his igloo's prison from the main entrance (never used in all versions)
1:49:13 : New Area never used by Cryo when you can hear Seth says ("I have to free Anna first" this dialogue was already used but at a different spot) (Area never used in all versions)
1:50:43 : New dialogue of Seth in front of the splitzberg's men (Thankyou, my children, for your gift. She and i will dwell together in the clouds!)
1:53:50 : New dialogues with Anna (some has been used as timeout dialogues very hard to trigger, now it's a lot better because we can trigger them by talking to Anna).
1:54:28 : New dialogue of Seth (I don't think i'll be needing this mask anymore) (never used in all versions)
1:56:00 : New dialogue of the Witch ! Using the Vision Stone (never used by Cryo in all versions) (huge addition on this Extended Version)
2:16:15 : New dialogue of the Witch ! Using the Vision Stone (never used by Cryo in all versions) (huge addition on this Extended Version)
2:17:55 : MURIA'S MUSIC ! (Was composed by Pierre Estève, the co-composer of the musics of the game, never used in the game on any versions by Cryo).
2:18:41 : New dialogue of the Witch ! Using the Vision Stone (never used by Cryo in all versions) (huge addition on this Extended Version)
2:23:20 : New dialogue of the Weaver (Death can be defied but never defeated. She gives life and takes it) (never used in all versions)
2:24:19 : New dialogue of the Weaver (Just like new!) (never used in all versions)
2:26:10 : New dialogues with Hector ! (Yes hector talks to Seth after ParaNua) (never used by Cryo in all versions) (huge addition of this Extended Version)
2:35:03 : New dialogue with the Rat Hunter (Need these, you will! A bit later) (never used in all versions)
2:38:57 : Trigger to unlock Visit Mode (a mode based on the Alpha/Beta/Demos hub maked by Cryo)
2:40:29 : VISIT MODE !! (never used in all versions, except Demos) (you can explore EVERY areas of the game, all are linked)
2:40:55 : CINEMATICS PLAYER (like PS1/Saturn Versions !) (never used by Cryo in all PC versions)
2:42:57 : MUSICS PLAYER (listen to all musics of the game !) (never used by Cryo in all versions)
2:45:15 : HIDDEN STONE CERCLE AREA (you can visit it !) (was only used for a cutscene by Cryo, BUT never explorable in all versions)
2:49:04 : HIDDEN FLYER AREA (you can visit it !) (was only used for a cutscene by Cryo, BUT never explorable in all versions)
2:50:04 : HIDDEN CREON'S SECRET ROOM (you can visit it !) (was only used for a cutscene by Cryo, BUT never explorable in all versions)

(Minor Fixes)
7:13 : Simplified Dialogue with Agatha (was 3 icons to say the exact same thing)
26:35 : Simplified Dialogues with Agatha (was 3 icons to say the exact same thing)
29:25 : Better handling dialogues with the Rat Hunter if we refuse
36:26 : Fix all texts overlapped (bug only on some CD releases not on GOG version)
1:00:03 : Reset music when finishing snakes puzzle (occurs glitchs on musics before in GOG version and CD versions V2.0)
Not in the video : Ladder now is removed from the inventory if you leave the room without use it from the door.
Not in the video : The ball to reveal the way to solve the throne puzzle now is removed from the inventory if you don't use it.
1:33:26 : Better handling dialogues with Servage in the tavern (you can answer no then you can answer any other answers again)
1:38:35 : Now the dialogue with Anna and Seth in the Hangar is trigged more easily (We're going up in that!?)
2:08:24 : Simplified Dialogues with Hector (now his story is a LOT better says)
2:20:00 : Self-suppression of Dialogues with the Weaver
Attachments:
Post edited December 30, 2018 by tgamesfr
Never expected this of all games to get a fan patch, but it's great to see that it did! Will the patch be compatible with every language version of the game or only with English version?
Post edited December 30, 2018 by Fortuk
Thanks Fortuk :)

Yes every languages will be supported.

For now in the beta-stage we only test the english version.

But our goal is to have every languages supported for the release on March 2019.

Like most of Beta testers said to me, this version is really the "Definitive version" of the game.
That's why i use a name to the version "Extended's Cut" and not just "it's a update who fix everything :)"

Because now, it's the most stable version of the game.
And, for a great nice update, use all the unused features left by Cryo on the game files.

The beta stage is open to every GOG customers, you just have to own/buy the game from GOG Galaxy.

Then contact me here or by email tgames@hotmail.fr

I will send you the beta updater (under 48h) and instructions about it.

You will receive update for the updater weekly.

All we need is to have a lot of users with different PC setups to make sure everything is good.

When the update will be public (March 2019), people just have to install the game from GOG Galaxy.
Then download our patch, click "Update" then that's all ! :)
I still have original French CDs in cardbox from... last century ^_^
Looks like I will purchase GOG version (-79% now, very tempting !) just to get that "ultimate edition".
Extended's Cut TEST VERSION is released :D

https://www.gog.com/forum/atlantis_series/official_topic_atlantis_the_lost_tales_extendedcut_edition_all_windows_10_bugs_fix_released
Hi Tgames,
Thank you for the awsome work you have done, keeping this game alive
And making it more intresting with altered puzzles. (would love to see some more)
I noticed when playing the second ratcaher game the sound effects cuts out al together) dutch version
maybe it's because i also added the orginal dialog files but im not sure if this would make this kind of an impact.
Also i got the disc 2 error going in to the hanger.

I can also confirm that extended cut runs in the wrapper for Mac OSX 32bit wrapper
Im currently working on a way to make it run on Mac OS 64 bit wrapper

I also made version of your Atlantis II and Atlantis III for mac 32
if any one needs help just let me know.

If you are intrested in a new project I own the RIng, China Egypt etc
in DVD and CD format Retail most of them muti-lang
Thanks again and keep up the Awsome work :)