It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

YnK: does the timestamp on the files match the time when you installed the patch? If so, they're okay.
Does that work? Wouldn't the timestamp indicate the last time that file had been modified (i.e. the date that the HQ maps patch was originally made)?
Waltorious: Does that work? Wouldn't the timestamp indicate the last time that file had been modified (i.e. the date that the HQ maps patch was originally made)?
All of the files in the folder and the folder itself has the same creation date, which is two days after the date on the patch executable (when it was downloaded). This is definitely my OS's work.
Just wanted to mention that Terra-Arcanum's download section is back up again. I'm not sure if the links on the front page still work though.

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/
not sure if this is useful to anyone else here but i realised my intergrated video chip(GMA 3650) could actually run Arcanum better WITHOUT software mode (-no3d parameter in shortcut) after i renamed the ddraw.dll file. i'm using Win 7 btw. renaming the direct draw DLL was supposedly only necessary for running arcanum in Win8, but i tried it anyway.

however window-mode caused major graphical glitches. black boxes everywhere, window only showed left side of display frame, and the graphics sort of "layering" on top of each other.

alternatively, i also found 3DAnalyzer ran arcanum very smoothly when i imitated a Nvidia 5900 FX card, with lighting turned off, and z-buffer on. haven't tried other settings for that.
Post edited June 21, 2015 by dick1982
I need help, I think a bad install of Drog High Res Patch broke my screen resolution on Windows 7.

I tried installing with all modules and 1920°1080 res. But after running and exiting the game, my screen was pressed with black bar, even if in the options it still shows a 1920*1080 res.

The problem persists after restarting the computer.
Post edited July 13, 2015 by skaraher
dick1982: not sure if this is useful to anyone else here but i realised my intergrated video chip(GMA 3650) could actually run Arcanum better WITHOUT software mode (-no3d parameter in shortcut) after i renamed the ddraw.dll file. i'm using Win 7 btw. renaming the direct draw DLL was supposedly only necessary for running arcanum in Win8, but i tried it anyway.

however window-mode caused major graphical glitches. black boxes everywhere, window only showed left side of display frame, and the graphics sort of "layering" on top of each other.

alternatively, i also found 3DAnalyzer ran arcanum very smoothly when i imitated a Nvidia 5900 FX card, with lighting turned off, and z-buffer on. haven't tried other settings for that.
I'm running Arcanum on win 7 also and I had quite hefty loading times.Renaming ddraw.dll file helped to shorten my loading times, especially in Tarant.
skaraher: I need help, I think a bad install of Drog High Res Patch broke my screen resolution on Windows 7.

I tried installing with all modules and 1920°1080 res. But after running and exiting the game, my screen was pressed with black bar, even if in the options it still shows a 1920*1080 res.

The problem persists after restarting the computer.
Make sure to rename/delete any version of ddraw.dll (I rename mine ddraw.dllold) you find in not just Arcanum's root directory, but in any old game--DOS or Windows...also any drivers in a game's root directory for AMD/Ati or nVidia products. All of these files get in the way of the updated counterparts in your system and trying to use them can really botch up a game's display.

I don't run the game with the -no3d switch, so I'm assuming that it is running in D3d (or OpenGL.) Or is it?...;) ddraw is pretty slow, especially at high resolutions...will try software mode & see if it makes any difference.
Post edited December 08, 2015 by waltc
In case anybody is looking for a download on all the files here's the link

firedrop.com/f47d02efd1c55173
Does anyone else have the issue that all of the terra-arcanum.com/downloads/ give a badlink? Where else could I find patches and whatnot?
If you go back to the first page Agent, i think like the third post, someone had put an all in one link with the latest patch. If you look through the first few pages you'll find other links too High resolution and high quality maps!
Might as well get the links I used in one post, for future convenience.

Unofficial Arcanum Patch

High Resolution Patch
agentcarr16: Might as well get the links I used in one post, for future convenience.

Unofficial Arcanum Patch

High Resolution Patch
well, hi res not working for me, ive gor clean gog version installed.
Attachments:
3.png (46 Kb)
agentcarr16: Might as well get the links I used in one post, for future convenience.

Unofficial Arcanum Patch

High Resolution Patch
nevarion1: well, hi res not working for me, ive gor clean gog version installed.
Huh. Yeah, I'm running the GOG version, and it's clean as far as I know. What's it doing/not doing to you?
nevarion1: well, hi res not working for me, ive gor clean gog version installed.
agentcarr16: Huh. Yeah, I'm running the GOG version, and it's clean as far as I know. What's it doing/not doing to you?
i tried again just now with -no3d -doublebuffer to fix another problem with loading screen and now i can install hi res mod LOL.
agentcarr16: Huh. Yeah, I'm running the GOG version, and it's clean as far as I know. What's it doing/not doing to you?
nevarion1: i tried again just now with -no3d -doublebuffer to fix another problem with loading screen and now i can install hi res mod LOL.
Hahaha, sweet. Good luck with your game, then! :-)